Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jacobimIII

putting Jojoba Oil to the test

I've decided to put Jojoba oil to the test after reading so much good stuff about it on this board.

I have moderate acne. I don't have a lot but the ones I have usually big and annoying.

My skin is really senstive and dry when I get out of the shower. I don't wash it in the morning to keep it from getting really dry.

I started putting on jojoba oil in the shower at night after washing and rinsing it quick with cold water. I also mix a few drops with Cetaphil mositurizer at night and Neutrogena Oil-free in the morning.

I've only been doing it 2 days and my impressions so far are...

-skin is feeling pretty well moisturized

-overall tone is better, not so blotchy

-skin is less shiny by midday but if I touch the back of my hand to my face, there is oil on it

-some spots that were already developing are a little active but no new spots developed

It's only been a few days so time will tell how this works. I'm not on any medications and i'm not changing anything else so this should be a pretty good test for jojoba oil.

we will see

a little update...

It's been about 5 days since I started and I'm pretty impressed with the results. I had a few areas that were active with pimple and those areas did seem to get slightly worse the first day using Jojoba. (may have been unrelated)

Apart from those areas I haven't had 1 new spot all over my face since using jojoba and the overall tone of my face is very good and my face hasn't felt dry at all.

I shaved last night and it was one of the easiest shaves I've ever had. I'm not sure if it was because the hair is more soft now or the skin is more soft.

My face is still oily to the touch by the end of the day but not as shiny in the mirror (not sure why). I don't mind oily skin as long as its clear.

Anyway, I'm impressed so far with Jojoba and I'd be interested to hear how other people's experiences compare with mine.

I'll also be interested to see the results after another few weeks.

Thanks for the update, I'm watching with interest as I'm thinking of trying jojoba too.

Hope the good results continue :dance:

It's been about 10 days now and it's going well. I actually got a few small pimpls on areas that I realized I wasn't getting enough jojoba oil (very top of my jaw on both sides) so I'm making sure to spread it evenly all over my face.

Overall, my face is looking good. I've had no dryness and the overall tone is very even. Old breakouts and spots are fading. I haven't had any breakouts that some people describe when starting jojoba oil.

I'm thinking jojoba oil is going to be a great help to my acne in the long term. I will continue for a full month and then evaluate the results.

It's been about 10 days now and it's going well. I actually got a few small pimpls on areas that I realized I wasn't getting enough jojoba oil (very top of my jaw on both sides) so I'm making sure to spread it evenly all over my face.

Overall, my face is looking good. I've had no dryness and the overall tone is very even. Old breakouts and spots are fading. I haven't had any breakouts that some people describe when starting jojoba oil.

I'm thinking jojoba oil is going to be a great help to my acne in the long term. I will continue for a full month and then evaluate the results.

whats your skin type? oily, combination, or dry? Do you get blackheads? Do you have enlarged pores, clogged pores, or prone to non-inflamed acne?

Well...it's been 3 weeks now and still going well. I've eliminated other moisturizers from my routine so my routine is simply 1-2 drops of jojobo oil in the morning after using toner on my face (no washing in the morning). Then I shower at night and use a Eucerin cleanser then put on jojoba oil and rinse before getting out of the shower. That keeps your skin from drying out after getting out of the shower. Then I put on 4 drops of jojoba before going to bed.

I've hardly gotten any new pimples in the last 3 weeks since I've been using jojoba and then ones I did get were minor. It took some time for old inflamed areas to call down but they are now fading nicely. It will take some time for red marks to go away but once they do, my skin should be nearly flawless.

I rarely feel any dry skin or tightness now. I hope to decrease the amount of oil I'm applying in the future as long as my skin doesn' feel dry. Right now it gets a little oily during the day.

I'm not sure what it is that makes jojoba oil work. I've heard a lot of different stories. I don't feel like its slowed oil production at all but it has helped to keep my skin moiturized.