Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i say it made me a stronger person yo, i mean i got sad n shit about my scars n all but i took the power within n was like u know fk this ima jus keep bein me n not let this get to my head! and if i become clear i will be even a BETTER person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

takes balls to be U with acne!

real talk!

i hate red scars sigh

scars on the cheek are the worst

and now i developed butt pimples, ridiculous yo!

wow I have never found such a forum where everyone shares the same personality..

Anyways, my serious acne days are over (thank god) but what's left is the terrible scars. I thought to myself "hm, once I get this acne over for good, I'm going to be more outgoing!" but I didn't know the outcome was going to be acne scars and with or without the acne, my scar kept me how I was with acne 3 years ago..

However, this year I told myself enough! I'm not going to let this scar ruin my life anymore, so , slowly my personality got from anti social to somewhat better, I'm starting to hang out more with friends and most importantly, I'm not hiding behind the computer as much before!

My biggest psychological effect though is being with girls. I still really need to work on that because I get so embarrassed of my face when being around them. No problem with guys though xD

Acne sure does take a substantial emotional toll on its sufferers, but it doesn't "change" their personalities. It may fuel their insecurities and raise their anxiety levels, but it never really alters the essence of who they are. You could, theoretically, enjoy life even if you were the ugliest person to have ever graced the Earth. You could also be the most beautiful sugar mama/mothafucka out there and still be unhappy.

I know it is easier said than done, but what other options do you have?

Life throws curveballs to all of us, and I think alot of us, through acne, learn these lessons early on.

I hear alot of worry in this thread about "will I ever get myself back after being bitter/antisocial for so long?" My answer? Absolutely! Confidence issues are not a life sentence. Worrying about it is the worst thing-- fear not, you will eventually come out of your shell when you are ready. But you might have to push yourself. Whether your acne is gone or not, keep trying.

Nothing is permanent. Nothing at all. And when your confidence/"personality" returns-- you will be back in action! And you will have learned how to deal with lots of tough stuff along the way.

Acne does change your personality. It changes who you are completley if you DON'T take a control on it and just ignore it.

Anyone who says it doesn't is just very strong lol.

trust me, you'll get over it. Life will become better one day.... TRUST ME

i agree 100 percent on this i think once your acne goes away your personallty should shoot threw the roof.

trust me, you'll get over it. Life will become better one day.... TRUST ME

i agree 100 percent on this i think once your acne goes away your personallty should shoot threw the roof.

Unfortunately this describes me perfectly. I have very little personality right now... Today I went to a family dinner thing and my family is VERY loud, outgoing, crazy.... you name it. We're often the loudest people in any restaurant, or anywhere else. But then there's me.... I just feel I have nothing much to say and feel that the people around me don't know me very well, and probably aren't interested in getting to know me. I look in the mirror and I see a shy girl with nothing ready to say or contribute, and I'm not that pretty either. I need to lose weight and ... bleh, I could go on but I won't. By the way, I dont even have acne anymore. It clesred up from Accutane. See, clear skin doesn't fix your self esteem.

I feel the exact same way.

When I go to a party and its completelly dark out and I dont think anyone can see my face my personality comes right back, and I love it. But as soon as I am concious about my acne I cant look people in the eye anymore, I look down at the ground while I talk and Im always nervous and paranoid that people are staring at me.... I sometimes lay in bed asking God why he has done this to me I just want to be the person I really am...

lately i feel like im losing my personality, im becoming shy, de tached, depressed, i used to be confident, witty, really funny, hell i was voted class clown, now im really depressed and shy, and i feel really jeleous of others, i feel like im losing my personality, and becoming someone i dont want to be, anyone else feel like this?

:comfort:

Hey bud. =]

So you noticed some changes in your personality... but you haven't completely lost it. It's never too late to be all that you want to be.

The changes in your personality you noted are all bad. Have you thought about any good changes? Perhaps: sympathy towards others in the situation, being less judgmental, and more appreciative of great things?

I noticed these things when I got acne a couple years ago. You can't always focus on the bad.... sometimes when the bad is all you're thinking about, you're just attracting more of it.

So with that, I'd say focus on the GOOD changes you've seen, and go from there. It isn't all too bad and there's always enough time to go out and live your life. Think about other people. EVERYONE has flaws because no one can be perfect... whether you see it or not. So just try to be the best you that you can be, and in the end I promise you, you'll come out greater than ever. :)

lately i feel like im losing my personality, im becoming shy, de tached, depressed, i used to be confident, witty, really funny, hell i was voted class clown, now im really depressed and shy, and i feel really jeleous of others, i feel like im losing my personality, and becoming someone i dont want to be, anyone else feel like this?
You don't lose your personality, people just begin to label you "weird" or "creepy," depending on your looks/presentation.
Wow, I never thought I'd hear anyone else describe it like that, that's EXACTLY

how I feel. I just have no personality, I dunno how to act or what to say or anything,

it sucks. Although, lately, it sorta comes and goes, some days I have it some

days I don't, it's weird. I just became sick of being over looked, so now I force

it outta myself more and more, it's hard but it kinda works.

This is exactly how I feel except I'm not forcing myself to get out I should though..

I have definitely become more withdrawn over the last several years. I used to think I was no longer being invited to gatherings and parties because of my face but now I realize it's because I pushed people away. I would give anything to be my old outgoing and fun self again.

Well I can totally relate. For me, acne and depression go hand in hand and for those that can just get on with their lives, RESPECT, you're stronger than I ever was!

It's not too bad now as I just get the odd spot if I pick and touch my face too much, I'm paranoid about my blackheads tho. I used to be scared to go out and when I had to I had panic attacks. I felt like an alien, walking down the street. Different to everyone else, so I thought everyone was staring at me. And for the life of me, I could not see anyone with acne!! Thought it was meant to be this really common ailment!

I'd keep thought diaries and write down my feelings that day, which helped. It just felt like I was cursed, maybe cos I was a bad person. I used to feel like I had a cess-pit under my skin cos there was always something gross rising to the surface, I felt dirty.

Yes it effects your quality of life and I wish I'd had this site to call upon then, instead of feeling so damn isolated and alone. Wish I had a time machine so that I could go back and re-live some of those lost years with my, now, clear skin....... Yeah, dark days indeed. But only the people who've lived it can really understand. The clear-skinned ones just lose patience! :rolleyes:

Well I can totally relate. For me, acne and depression go hand in hand and for those that can just get on with their lives, RESPECT, you're stronger than I ever was!

It's not too bad now as I just get the odd spot if I pick and touch my face too much, I'm paranoid about my blackheads tho. I used to be scared to go out and when I had to I had panic attacks. I felt like an alien, walking down the street. Different to everyone else, so I thought everyone was staring at me. And for the life of me, I could not see anyone with acne!! Thought it was meant to be this really common ailment!

I'd keep thought diaries and write down my feelings that day, which helped. It just felt like I was cursed, maybe cos I was a bad person. I used to feel like I had a cess-pit under my skin cos there was always something gross rising to the surface, I felt dirty.

Yes it effects your quality of life and I wish I'd had this site to call upon then, instead of feeling so damn isolated and alone. Wish I had a time machine so that I could go back and re-live some of those lost years with my, now, clear skin....... Yeah, dark days indeed. But only the people who've lived it can really understand. The clear-skinned ones just lose patience! :rolleyes:

I can relate.

The ones who can get on with their lives have better brain chemistry, i.e. neurotransmitters and receptors are in balance.

I can totally relate to that. I've had it all, panic attacks, locking myself up and losing friends as a result, feeling depressed, being scared to meet new people because I was afraid to be judged because of my skin...

I've quit accutane in february and the acne's coming back now, badly. I really have to force myself to go out. But I just can't 'forget' about my acne. It affects my personality. I often feel as if clouds float in front of my mind, blocking all spontanity and creativity. On good days, I somewhat feel like the old me. On bad days, I just can't think of anything to say.

But still. I'm trying. Locking yourself up is not a solution, it only makes matters worse.

Hey Yaroon, wot's your regime at the moment? I'm finding there's loadsa great advice on this site and I intend following some of it. If you have active acne right now, your needs may be different to mine. When I had that sorta skin I went on antibiotics, a couple of the tetracyclines are really good.

I'm currently taking Agnus Castus herbal capsules, this helps balance hormones so it's getting to the root of the problem. I'm not sure it's as effective for males tho but it def works for me. That and avoiding sugar and refined carbs (or keeping them to a bare min) really does the job for me.

There's an all-natural regime that looks good and has great feed-back in the "Red Marks" thread. See "OMG you guys have to try this........" It inc bicarb of soda, apple cider vinegar and egg white masks. Gonna buy the ingredients in tomorrow and trial it. I've also ordered Avene's Diacneal, which is said to be good for blackheads (my big prob now!)

Stay strong and don't let those bastards (spots) grind you down! Just keep persevering and distracting yourself by wotever means works. Take care :shifty:

Hey Yaroon, wot's your regime at the moment? I'm finding there's loadsa great advice on this site and I intend following some of it. If you have active acne right now, your needs may be different to mine. When I had that sorta skin I went on antibiotics, a couple of the tetracyclines are really good.

I'm currently taking Agnus Castus herbal capsules, this helps balance hormones so it's getting to the root of the problem. I'm not sure it's as effective for males tho but it def works for me. That and avoiding sugar and refined carbs (or keeping them to a bare min) really does the job for me.

There's an all-natural regime that looks good and has great feed-back in the "Red Marks" thread. See "OMG you guys have to try this........" It inc bicarb of soda, apple cider vinegar and egg white masks. Gonna buy the ingredients in tomorrow and trial it. I've also ordered Avene's Diacneal, which is said to be good for blackheads (my big prob now!)

Stay strong and don't let those bastards (spots) grind you down! Just keep persevering and distracting yourself by wotever means works. Take care :shifty:

hi, i tried the "Omg you guys have to try this" 8 steps regimen today. I want to know your results too if u r goin to do it, can u post ur results at "OMG" thanks.

I used BP 2,5% back in April, but soon found that even in that low dose it's still too agressive. So at the moment, I only use Vitamin-E pills, which don't really seem to work. My dad had bad acne on his chest and back which disappeared when he was 21 (with a lot of help from the sun on a summer holiday). I turned 21 a couple of days ago, so I'm praying that it'll disappear by itself under the influence of the sun. But so far, to no avail.

I've already walked the whole dermatological road, so I'm looking more towards 'natural' solutions. I'm going to order some Niacin/N3 tablets tomorrow, anyone got any experiences with that?

Go to the Adult Acne thread and find the "Acne cured at 39" thread. It's all about niacin and tonnes of great feedback on it. I'd recommend the non-flushing variety tho. :dance: