Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ny77babe

to anyone who has tried differin?

My derm just put me on differin for the red marks.. has this helped anyone? I have been using if for 2 days and have 2 new zits...has anyone else had an initial breakout?? B/c i dont know if i should start putting benzaclin ontop of the differin b/c that has helped my skin alot.. thanks

I just started using Differin myself, and I have noticed that all of the smaller pimples I had, started to fade away within a day or two. As far as the blemished skin goes, I'm still awaiting results. And you will breakout a little bit when you start using new medications because the medicine is pushing up all the dirt and impurities to the surface of your skin, so It might get a little worse, keep taking it though!

retin a worked but KILLED my skin. differin did shit and hurt my skin. fuck topicals. fuck acne. and fuck me!

I have been on Differin now for 8 weeks, as well as Adoxa and a topical sulphur cream, and didn't notice REAL results until the 6th week. The Adoxa started right away at working on those deeper lesions, but the cream and gel definitely took 6-8 weeks to work. I haven't gotten any new lesions in a few days now. =D> I also saw my dermatologist today for my 2 month checkup (by the way, this is my first treatment trial for acne that I have had moderately for the past 6 months) and my derm says my face is looking good and she is bringing me down to 1 Adoxa per day. However, she is keeping me on the Differin and sulphur for at least a few more months. Hope it just keeps getting better for me from now on. Sorry that I rambled off, but you need to give the Differin time. I was certain it didn't work for me for those first 6 weeks, but I kept with it and am soooooooooo glad now. I am almost free of this acne prison and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. [-o< Oh, and I read that using new medications like Differin can cause initial breakouts, which I also had when first starting out on it.

bazookajoe:

what is the name of your topical sulphur cream? there's this soap called Kavi soap that contains sulphur (pretty cheap) i wonder if it will do the same thing as your topical. they issue it out to people in the armed forces for acne. sulphur is supposed to make your skin more acidic (like normal skin) so that bacteria can't grow on it.

i was on Differin for about a year.. @ first it made pimples go away like you wouldn't believe, later for some reason (maybe my skin got used to it) it stopped working all together.

good luck..

Differin works OK for me, leave my skin dry.. but seems to get rid of most small whiteheads and blackheads within 3 months.

The best thing to do is use BP of a morning and Differin before you go to bed. biggrin.gif/

Red marks do seem to fade over time when using Differin, just don't use too much you WILL reget it! sad.gif

I use Differin at night and benzacylim (unsure exact name) in the morning. Both have been working great for me. I did not get an initial breakout and it worked almost instantly. The combo works great together.

When I started using it, my face looked sun-burned for about a week. But my face got use to it and it went back to normal. I am not sure which topical made my face red but the redness did go away.

GOOD LUCK.

bazookajoe:

what is the name of your topical sulphur cream?  there's this soap called Kavi soap that contains sulphur (pretty cheap) i wonder if it will do the same thing as your topical.  they issue it out to people in the armed forces for acne.  sulphur is supposed to make your skin more acidic (like normal skin) so that bacteria can't grow on it.