Notifications
Clear all

Post Cheapest Canadian Prices!!!

MemberMember
(@jc)

Posted : 02/23/2004 6:18 pm

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to share whatever limited knowledge I have of products in Canada (I'm located in Toronto). Please share with everyone where you have found the lowest prices for certain products. Let's help each other out!

I've only recently begun to start buying OTC products, and I've quickly learned that Shoppers Drug Mart isn't the cheapest place! Don't fall for the lure of the optimum card! lol... [-X

Here's what I found so far:

*Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF15 - Dominion's ($11.99 + tax)

*Neutrogena On-The-Spot 2.5% BP - Dominion's ($8.99 + tax) --> (Shoppers drug mart $7.99 + tax on sale once)

*Clean & Clear Blackhead Scrub Exfoliant - Zellers ($7.77 + tax) [updated]

*Clean & Clear Contiuous Control 5% BP - Dominion's ($8.49 + tax)

Needless to say, I shouldn't have gone to Shoppers Drug Mart first. I would've saved myself a good chunk of change eh? (Ya Canada!)

jC

MemberMember
(@jc)

Posted : 03/06/2004 4:49 pm

Today's buys:

Omega Nutrition Apple Cider Vinegar 5% acetic acid - $3.19 @ Noah's Natural Foods (yeah it's cheaper elsewhere, but this one is organic. I'm a sucker for it now)

Jason Natural Cosmetics - Natural NcPCA Lotion - $5.89 @ Noah's Natural Foods

Various Jojoba oils $16.99-$18.99 @ Noah's Natural Foods (I didn't pick any up though)

Keep it up!

MemberMember
(@jc)

Posted : 03/08/2004 11:34 am

Twinlab Na-PCA Non-oily Spray @ Noah's Natural Foods - $6.69 + tax

8 fl. oz. (237 ml)

Sweet!

MemberMember
(@ls)

Posted : 03/14/2004 11:38 pm

Loblaws has THE best prices anywhere for NeoStrata products.

MemberMember
(@jc)

Posted : 03/21/2004 1:28 am

I found an even cheaper place! Zellers! DIR!

*Clean & Clear Blackhead Scrub Exfoliant - Dominion's ($7.77 + tax)

MemberMember
(@lauramarie)

Posted : 03/22/2004 8:24 pm

I get my moisturiser at Costco...it's Dove face essentials...it's cheaper cuz you can buy in bulk

MemberMember
(@juliet)

Posted : 07/12/2004 1:47 pm

and yet.. even cheaper.. "clean and clear black head scrub" $4 95 at superstore

MemberMember
(@jc)

Posted : 07/12/2004 1:53 pm

Where is superstore??

MemberMember
(@pat_rick)

Posted : 07/12/2004 3:05 pm

I was wondering if Neutrogena Clear Pore on the spot is the same as 'on the spot' that everyone else gets because thats the only one i can find and its a little more expensive (around $12 at Shopper's Drug Mart)...also the box is slightly different

MemberMember
(@juliet)

Posted : 07/14/2004 1:51 pm

superstore? i dunno.. isnt it everywhere in canada?.. the " on the spot " by neutrogena..( that everyone is using) can also be found at shoppers

MemberMember
(@ssroll)

Posted : 08/12/2004 12:41 am

Walmart has the Cetaphil cleanser and moistrizer on sale for 8 something now.

those are usually around 12 dollars everywhere else (loblaws, shoppers etc)

MemberMember
(@macgrrl)

Posted : 02/06/2005 2:10 pm

I usually buy my stuff at Walmart, ha ha. If not there, I buy it at my work... "The Real Canadian Superstore". They're just starting to open up the stores in Ontario.... And I found them to be cheaper with certain products compared to Walmart! eusa_dance.gif But usually Walmart is the cheapest!

MemberMember
(@cleanunclear)

Posted : 08/02/2005 12:53 am

In Vancouver BC.. the shoppers has $5.99 for on the spot neutrogena.. this week.. stock up =D

MemberMember
(@iceboi)

Posted : 11/08/2005 8:16 pm

For Toronto Area or GTA only

There's a powder dollar store on Jane/Wilson in the Plaza where you see Fortinos beside the store is Soctiabank.

This store sells Spectro Jel 473ml the purple one fragrance free sensitive acne prone and the blue one for dry skin scented is about $3.49 this so cheap for this size and for those who love Spectro Jel products!!

Also a $0.99 cents store located at Jane/Wilson in Sheridan North York Mall has Spectro Jel for Dry skin only 473 ml at $2.99 which is a steal.

Also they have the purple ones too but it's only in a 90ml bottle and it costs 2 for $0.99 which is real cheap too

so those who love Spectro Jel's line vouch for these savings!!!!

MemberMember
(@sick-of-acne)

Posted : 11/09/2005 11:11 am

There's a powder dollar store on Jane/Wilson in the Plaza where you see Fortinos beside the store is Soctiabank.

This store sells Spectro Jel 473ml the purple one fragrance free sensitive acne prone and the blue one for dry skin scented is about $3.49 this so cheap for this size and for those who love Spectro Jel products!!

Also a $0.99 cents store located at Jane/Wilson in Sheridan North York Mall has Spectro Jel for Dry skin only 473 ml at $2.99 which is a steal.

Also they have the purple ones too but it's only in a 90ml bottle and it costs 2 for $0.99 which is real cheap too

Thank you Iceboi for the information. I will be going there on the weekend to grab some. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@tired_of_waiting)

Posted : 11/09/2005 12:28 pm

damn. i can't get there to stock up. oh how sweet it would be.

MemberMember
(@19yochickfightingacne4toolong)

Posted : 11/09/2005 12:39 pm

okay, sounds good, but what are the names of the two stores?

MemberMember
(@iceboi)

Posted : 11/09/2005 11:31 pm

The first store is called Power Dollar or something like that the store is on the plaza where you see Fortinos and when you walk up you can see ScotiaBank beside Socita Bank is that dollar store go into Aisle 2 and you should find it. I went again today to buy other stuff for skool and they still had some Blue ones left they only had 4 purple ones left so get it b4 it runs out.

As for the other one it's just called the $0.99 cents store it's located on the 2nd floor below the mall and is located near the library and it looks like there's another store attatched to it. Go to the Soap section on where they sell Soap and Shampoo they should have it on the last row for the 90ml bottles for the blue big bottle for $2.99 they have it on the same section but you have to really look around since its in a small area and its there about 10 bottles left seems no one is buying this stuff.

Since personally who would actually wash their face with dollar store products? i was amazed on seeing Spectro Jel and i opened 1 to smell it to see if it was the same and not some rip-off and it's the same~!

2 for $1.15 is a can't go wrong cost its the 90ml each ones

Good luck to all and hope that helps since stores like Walmart charge about at least $8 or higher

MemberMember
(@pink_panda86)

Posted : 12/07/2005 11:55 pm

The first store is called Power Dollar or something like that the store is on the plaza where you see Fortinos and when you walk up you can see ScotiaBank beside Socita Bank is that dollar store go into Aisle 2 and you should find it. I went again today to buy other stuff for skool and they still had some Blue ones left they only had 4 purple ones left so get it b4 it runs out.

As for the other one it's just called the $0.99 cents store it's located on the 2nd floor below the mall and is located near the library and it looks like there's another store attatched to it. Go to the Soap section on where they sell Soap and Shampoo they should have it on the last row for the 90ml bottles for the blue big bottle for $2.99 they have it on the same section but you have to really look around since its in a small area and its there about 10 bottles left seems no one is buying this stuff.

Since personally who would actually wash their face with dollar store products? i was amazed on seeing Spectro Jel and i opened 1 to smell it to see if it was the same and not some rip-off and it's the same~!

2 for $1.15 is a can't go wrong cost its the 90ml each ones

Good luck to all and hope that helps since stores like Walmart charge about at least $8 or higher

Actaully, if you along Kennedy Rd. where there are a lot of outlets, they sell spectro jel fairly cheap.

Depending which store you go to, they sell between 3 to 5 bottles for $0.99. But it's the free sample size bottle.

MemberMember
(@iceboi)

Posted : 02/14/2006 2:13 pm

Any fans of Neutrogena Products?

Well Shoppers is having AGAIN another sale on them this week.

All 25% off so products range from $3.99-$7.99

If you love the Neutrogena Body wash scrub like I do it's $5.99 for it.

MemberMember
(@january)

Posted : 03/09/2006 1:22 am

Wow that dollarstore sounds sweet! I live north of T.O. though don't think I'd make it there for that. The Great Canadian Superstore/centre though (previously Loblaws) is pretty cheap for all washes/toiletries. Shoppers seems to be the most expensive, aside from sale times.

MemberMember
(@sayitloud)

Posted : 03/12/2006 8:41 pm

The cheapest place to buy otc products in my small town is Extra Foods. ( it's owned by superstore i think) I shop at walmart or superstore when i'm in the city though. I also work at a drugstore and get a 10% discount there, so that can sometimes work out pretty good.

MemberMember
(@teesha)

Posted : 03/21/2006 1:58 pm

i bought Olay total effect cream for blemish pron skin frm Walmart ,coz it was cheapest there.....almost $10 less as compare to other stores.

MemberMember
(@captormoonlu)

Posted : 07/05/2007 4:50 pm

I always check Wal-mart first. I found Desert Essence 100% Jojoba Oil at Real Canadian Superstore for $15. As to the other products, I found the price to be similar to Wal-Marts. Perhaps a $1 or less difference, I would still go to Wal-Mart though.

Shopper's is only good when it has sales.

MemberMember
(@2689)

Posted : 12/21/2007 7:57 pm

I LIVE in Canada, and since i cant order online, i wud like to do a mail-in. However, i dont know the correct way since i have never done this. So since i want to try Dan's BP gel for $8.50, do i just send:

- $8.50

- a little message inside the envelope that reads: "This $8.50 is for

Dan's BP gel

- and finally do i send the envelope to this address? : Daniel Kern, Inc.

1026 Castro St.

San Francisco, CA 94114

Also, how much is shipping and approximately how long will it take to deliver?

Thnx and i so will APPRECIATE it if u can help me since i have alot of pimples!!