Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
babygrand88

February 23, 2004 GOING ON ACCUTANE. My Log/Updates

Hi Babygrand88. Just wanted you to know you're not alone. We're reading about your progress, so keep us posted. Good luck!

I have started accutane too 11 days ago. I don't notice a big difference. I do see some though. I know about the cysts though. They suck big time. I have one by my ear. I did a no no and picked at it but hey what's a few more scars right. I also have a couple small ones that hurt. I am on 80mg a day. I like that. I do have an itchy face and scalp though and dry lips other than that I am doing good.

I don't see a big difference but my DH says he see's a difference. I hope he's right.

I have really bad acne have had it for almost 20 years. But Dh and I were trying for our 2nd baby and she took a long time in coming. Now that we are done with kids I was able to start it. Now it's never been this bad and I am fed up with it. I am on 80mg though probably cause its so bad.

This should be on the Personal Logs board just so you know. Good luck with the Accutane man! I'm just about finishing up my cycle and the only reason I'm not as happy about my face as I should is because of the depression Accutane brought me...not trying to scare you though. I was one the unlucky few who experience that side effect.

lol i had that happen, i had 4 pimples right next to each other.. eventually they merged and it looked so awful, now only a big redmark is left so i know how you feel on that part... wow i get those tiny bumps too that go away in a day.. thats so weird hehe, your doing well, hang in there and good luck! wink.gif

Being on Roaccutane was very exciting for me. I was terribly depressed in the first 2 months because it kept getting worse but believe me, it will suddenly get better out of no where smile.gif

Soon enough you'll be finished with less acne and no more side effects. When you are finished, don't forget to take care of your skin! Use BP to prevent further outbreaks and always mousturize! Try to take care of your eyes too, maybe get eyedrops. I think many people dismiss that

I didn't use the BP while I was on the roaccutane, I started to use it a few months after I finished. I would only use it in the night all over my face (except my jawline where I shave the most and never get acne so I didn't want to irritate it) and use a good mousturizer that hasn't got any perfume or anything in it such as QV. Actually thats a good idea for anyone using any product.

Eventually I used the BP twice a day but it irritated my skin after a year and I used 'Cortef' which my dumb head derm told me to use (for rashes) which clogged my pores and now I'm on isotrex (like a topical roaccutane with no side effects smile.gif ) getting my skin back to perfection biggrin.gif well as close as you can get with the faded marks and shallow scars (I had severe acne)

hmm, you gotta stick with it, i know it may seem like its not working now, but some people dont kick in until the last month! dont give up yet.. just cause you lose the battle some weeks, doesnt mean you cant win the war! you can do it smile.gif hang in there

Hi Babygrand88,

Good luck with your accutane, I hope it clears you. I was wondering, are you still taking the spiro. I am told that if it works, it keeps working, and there will be no more breakouts.

Just wondering, thank you.

Liz Lee