Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ChapinaCutie

Come along as I start my accutane journey * D0NE !!!!!!!

Thanks all of you! :)

deadbeat007- I use makeupforever's camouflage pallette (it's a concealer) to hide all the redness and/or marks I don't want. Then I use bareminerals foundation. (i add lotion to the cap and mix it with the bareminerals to make it into liquid form. and apply that all over and then of course, i use the mineral veil to top it all off. There you have it =] Lol. With that method, I'm able to get more coverage and that's what I want/need.

26 more days to go ! (if my calculation is right! :))

DAY 150

So i'm just patiently waiting for the day that I don't take these pills anymore. I'm looking forward to moisturized skin, and LIPS. These lips are absolutely crazy but I have to deal with it for another 26 days. It's all good. School starts august 19 :( SSSooo not looking forward to that. I have to retake chemistry again #[email protected]#%$%. That's frusterating. I try not to think of it. Anyways that's it for today.. Bye

DAY 151

Okay so I have a quick question. For about 2-3 weeks, when I come out of the shower or even if I splash water on my face,it becomes extremely red and irritated. When I say red, it's not your usual red because of the steam from the shower and whatnot. When I apply lotion to my face it becomes even redder and I can't cover it with makeup. Is this something I should be concerned about? Should I tell my derm about it or is this normal?? It's really making me feel so self-concious because I look like a tomatoe. Blahh. Anyways, I'd appreciate it if anyone would answer this.

wowww. i compared your first day picture to your latest one and holy crap! huge improvement! believe it or not, i'm actually really happy for ya haha.

i'm at the point where nothing's getting worse but nothing's changing either. but i'm nearing the end of my 4th month..so i hope to see some kind of improvement soon!

Some people have said that the more water they drink while on Accutane, the faster the redness goes. If your skin is irritated while on Accutane one morning, try chugging a lot of water and then compare your redness after a bit. You can also ask your doctor for a low-dose hydrocortisone cream. I have Rosacea and use it to calm my skin and help redness on my bad days. But yeah, redness is a common side effect when the skin gets too dry or the body gets too dehydrated.

kangin- And to think that I actually thought my skin didn't look too bad there. I had makeup on!! I was looking at it the other day and eww what grossness lol. My skin isn't perfect now, but damn there is a big improvement. Thanks for being happy for me lol :) Yea if you read my previous posts there was a point (and i'm still at that point) where my skin had no changes. It's kind of frusterating but you have just got to wait it out.

Deadbeat007- Hmmm... Maybe I do need more water. Not sure. I'm going to try to drink more than usual and see if that helps any. I'll talk to my derm about it. I go on august 14 to see him. Cause my skin looks terribly ugly with the redness I can't even explain it. Thanks for your help

Hey everyone, I'm taking my written permit test in about an hour so hopefully i'll pass it and start driving lol. Finally!

I didnt' get there in time so I'm going to take it tomorrow. I'm kind of annoyed but it does give me a little bit more time to review. I'm determinded to pass it the 1st time lol.

I didnt' get there in time so I'm going to take it tomorrow. I'm kind of annoyed but it does give me a little bit more time to review. I'm determinded to pass it the 1st time lol.

Oh dear god, thank you for the warning. :P

Lol well bob, I failed it so i won't be driving anytime soon.

I'm actually annoyed about that because I spent 1 hour and 45min at the DMV waiting to take my test, only to fail. It's cool though I guess. I have to take it again next tuesday and they gave me the answer to the questions I got wrong. It's common for people to fail the first time. (at least among all my friends it is lol) The 2nd time I'm passing for sure or i'll shoot myself in the head lol.

DAY 153

Luckily, my sister and I have the same derm. and I had to go along with her to her appt. I asked him about my skin being super super red when I wash it. He told me that my skin gets irritated easily with the accutane and that even water is too strong for my skin. He told me to buy this cleanser that is for super sensitive skin called Aquanil. I haven't tried it yet but I assume it's good. For anyone that may have the same problem, go to your pharmacy, you can purchase it without a prescription. I'm not sure where else you can get it. My redmarks and dryness seem to be my only problem. I didn't have time to put on makeup today and I went to the DMV without it and had to take a picture :doh: Lol. Oh well. Anyways, that's pretty much it. My next appt. is August 14. and then I have 2 more weeks left of accutane.

Good luck, hun!! I failed my first permit test, too... I studied like crazy and luckily got the second one. I have a lot of friends who've failed their first ones too, lol, so don't worry. I'm 18 and still haven't taken the test for my license. I really dislike driving, so I kept putting it off, then I got acne and wanted to wait till my skin was clear for my license picture (silly, I know :P ), but I'm hoping to get it by the end of the year. I always stress when I drive - I much prefer dozing in the passenger seat. ;)

deadbeat007-Lol yea even both of my parents failed it the 1st time. So i'm assuming the 2nd time will be much better. I suppose i have to study like crazy. I'm sick of tests lol. My chemistry class really burned me out last year and i did so much for it only to find out i flunked it. Grr lol. oh well not much I can do now. Driving is only fun when you do it cause you want to, not cause you have to lol.

DAY 156

Okay so i'm really annoyed because my lips are super super super super (i can't say super enough times) chapped,dry, peely, and overall gross. That's the only thing that really pisses me off about accutane. It's like i'm immune to aquaphor. Worked great before now it just kinda sits there and doesn't do a damn thing. Anyways, my skin is doing good i guess. I'm 100% clear of acne. Now all I have left are redmarks. I'm thinking bout quitting 2 weeks early. I really cannot tolerate this dry chapped lips any longer. The derm said those 2 weeks won't really do anything anyways. It just means that i'll have received 100% of my treatment instead of 95%. I'll think about it. I just want to get rid of this sooooon ! It can't come any closer lol. that's pretty much it for today

DAY 160

I have a derm appointment in two days :) It will be my second to last one. After that, I only have two weeks more or less. It's really coming fast. To be honest, i'm really scared to get off accutane. I've been able to eat what I want and not breakout. Chocolate was my worst enemy and now i can eat it all day everyday and not get one pimple. My sister had a relapse and now has to take retin-a and some pills that she's taken before but they help so much more now. I don't want to have to do that but I am accepting it as a reality. I still feel like I have a face full of acne and then I look in the mirror and realize I don't. My skin isn't perfect, but it's getting there. It's taking some getting used to. Lol I sound so weird but its true. I'm much happier about skin that now i'm focusing on other parts of me that I need to work on and it's really annoying. blahh anyways, i have dry lips like always, continuous back cramps and that's pretty much it. no more noticeable changes that I can see. red marks, red marks, redmarks

Yay awesome! Congrats on (almost) finishing your accutane course! Must be amazing. I'm actually starting next week myself. Good luck.

I'm much happier about skin that now i'm focusing on other parts of me that I need to work on and it's really annoying.

exactly what i'm going through right now =(. now that acne is pretty much gone, other flaws are more noticeable haha

jdruler-thanks ! I'm excited and really scared to get off accutane !

kangin- Don't you hate how that works? It's like why can't i just be happy with myself? We have to learn to love ourself as cheesy as that sounds or we'll never be happy.

DAY 162

1/20

So i went to the derm today. my cholesterol is good finally. He added 20 more days to my course just to be safe since I didn't want to stop today. I think I should just finish the whole thing. I've come too far to stop now

2/20

DAY 163

I'm really annoyed by all the redmarks i have on my face, thats all I have left. Ugly redmarks. I'm grateful for not having any more acne though. My journey is so close to the end it's quite scary. School starts soon which I'm not looking forward to. I FAILED MY PERMIT TEST again. lol. I missed 2 this time as opposed to 8 which is good i guess. I met a really cute guy there but my friend being the whore she is went off with him while I was taking my test. I find it pretty annoying. We walked over to the hamburger joint but i didn't eat. I'm not one to fight over a guy either, that's messy. If he likes her, good for the both of them. She has the nerve to tell me "i like him can you back off?" I was like wtf. lol she's supposed to be my best friend. thats my story in a nutshell. Oh well, i can't wait for these redmarks to go away. PLEASE :)

Wow, your friend sounds a little territorial, lol. I'm glad your skin is doing well. =] Yeah, I realllly hate red marks. I feel like my forehead has more red marks than normal skin. At least they heal on their own - this time next year, they won't be here, woo! lol

SOMEBODY help me with my lips. What can I put on them? No matter how much I exfoliate, apply aquaphor, blistex, vaseline I cannot tolerate it anymore. That in itself makes me soooo self-concious. Wtf... I've become immune to it all, it seems. What other options are out there? I need help. They are ugly and hurt and uncomfortable grrr. Someone help :(

5/20

DAY 166

Cannot wait till I get my oils back in my skin. My poor lips are suffering in this whole thing. Grrrr Other than that, everything is okay.

SOMEBODY help me with my lips. What can I put on them? No matter how much I exfoliate, apply aquaphor, blistex, vaseline I cannot tolerate it anymore. That in itself makes me soooo self-concious. Wtf... I've become immune to it all, it seems. What other options are out there? I need help. They are ugly and hurt and uncomfortable grrr. Someone help :(

5/20

DAY 166

Cannot wait till I get my oils back in my skin. My poor lips are suffering in this whole thing. Grrrr Other than that, everything is okay.

My derm had me get Dr. Dan's CortiBalm. She said it's the best, so I have it and Aquaphor stashed away for when I start Accutane. Maybe give it a try? I ordered it online from Amazon.

5/20

DAY 166

My derm had me get Dr. Dan's CortiBalm. She said it's the best, so I have it and Aquaphor stashed away for when I start Accutane. Maybe give it a try? I ordered it online from Amazon.

I don't know if it's too late for me to order it. I was thinking that but by the time I get it i'll have like a week left and there's probably no point. I will look it up though. Today my dryness wasn't so bad but it's such a hassle to get rid of to the point where I just get so frusterated. Thanks though :)