Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ChapinaCutie

Come along as I start my accutane journey * D0NE !!!!!!!

D0NE WITH ACCUTANE!!!:)

12/3/10----STARTED ANOTHER TREATMENT POST 'TANE. HAVE A LOG FOR THAT AS WELL. CHECK IT OUT ;) -----

Hello All !

Let me start off by saying thank you for dropping by. Support is much appreciated as we all know how emotionally wrecking this process can be. Hmm where shall I start? Well I start accutane tomorrow. Which i'm very ambivalent about.

Hmm a little background Information about me...

I'm a 15 year old teen who has been dealing with acne for not too long. Maybe about 3 or 4 years. It was never bad, or at least I thought it wasn't. Like most of you, I've tried it all. Nothing works. My mom has/ had VERY severe acne. She's done 2 rounds of accutane herself. My sister who is a lot younger than me also had severe acne and is on accutane. It's going great for her and she's happy with the results. I only hope I could say the same. I have mild/moderate acne. I don't know. Depends on who you ask. I have mostly redmarks && possible scars.

Anyways enough about that. I'll try and post some pictures up. My camera isn't very good and the one picture i have doesn't show too much. Oh well.

Excuse the ugliness :ninja:

My makeup was a little off.. or a lot off lol Oh well

Thanks

Xoxo

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a193/michelle71231/048.jpg

*SORRY FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO CAN'T SEE MY PICTURES ANYMORE, i DON'T FEEL LIKE GOING BACK TO PUT THEM UP AGAIN

Edited by ChapinaCutie

Your acne isn't that bad...I bet you will start to see really good results after the first few weeks.

Hey Cutie!

first of all I wish you good luck and good success - which I think is what we are all hoping for.

I have acne very similar to yours and would say that it goes between mild to moderate persistent acne for my anyways.

I just wanted to say be ready for it to get worse before it gets better - when I started it was more on the mild side and then for about a month it went to very moderate but is calming down now that I am nearing my the end of my second month.

Stay positive - accutane is definitely a bit of a curvy road one minute you are high on how good your face looks and then five minutes later can decide that you hate your face, but then you have a good day again. Up and down.

Anyway we are all here for you and can't wait to see your progress!

Hey bob

Thanks but i was wearing make up && it covers a lot of the redness.

Anyways i'll try & post some pictures where you can actually see the marks. The only reason i picked that picture was because it was the most recent ( a couple of days ago) It was mainly a photo just for "fun" Hence, the big cheesy smile lol. Good luck with your journey !

Hey Cutie!

first of all I wish you good luck and good success - which I think is what we are all hoping for.

I have acne very similar to yours and would say that it goes between mild to moderate persistent acne for my anyways.

I just wanted to say be ready for it to get worse before it gets better - when I started it was more on the mild side and then for about a month it went to very moderate but is calming down now that I am nearing my the end of my second month.

Stay positive - accutane is definitely a bit of a curvy road one minute you are high on how good your face looks and then five minutes later can decide that you hate your face, but then you have a good day again. Up and down.

Anyway we are all here for you and can't wait to see your progress!

Hey !

Thanks for the reply. I've been reading so many logs and I see how people get in a matter of minutes. It's a roller coaster ride. To tell you the truth, I'm very nervous because I know how sensitive I am about my skin and just knowing that it will get much worse makes me wonder if i can handle it. but on the other hand, much of it is the hope that at the end of the road i'll be a lot happier. Actually, Scratch that. I'm prepared for whatever happens. I'm gonna get through this !! Woo lol :clap:

Anyways good luck to you too ! & thanks for the support !

Day 1

Okay so... I just finished having a big, juicy argument with my mom :( Not cool. Oh well anyways, I just took my first pill at around 7:30pm and OHMYLANTA ! my skin is cleared ! Lol woah. I wish that was true. Don't you? Hah yea But anyways... like always, there isnt much to report. What is there to report on the first day anyways?

Just wanted to know how everyone else is doing... Well.. This was unnecessarily long. Stay smiling everyone !

I've decided to post a joke of the day every entry to brighten everyones day. Enjoy !

"I went to the store the other day. I was only in there for about five minutes, and when I came out there was a motorcycle cop writing a parking ticket. So I went up to him and said, 'Come on buddy, how about giving a guy a break?'

He ignored me and continued writing the ticket. So I called him a stupid idiot. He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having bald tires!

Then I really got angry at him. He finished the second ticket and put it on the car with the first. Then he started writing a third ticket!

This went on for about 20 minutes. The more I abused him, the more tickets he wrote. I didn't care. My car was parked around the corner."

Hey everyone

Haven't updated in a couple of days. These have been the craziest days of my life.

I had to go on an emergency trip to guatemala in such short notice. I was only there for 2 days. It was crazy and hectic. I got back yesterday. I've been taking my accutane but it was in weird hours of the night >.< I have so much family and I was trying to spend time with all of them in only 2 days.

Day 2-5

Anyways.. nothing changed in my skin... Just experience dryness in the lips. I HATE dry lips so i'm gonna run to the store later on and buy some aquaphor. I've been smothering my lips with lip balm which is gross but helps a tiny bit. I've been experiencing headaches as well. I dont know if it was because I was tired from an overnight flight or if it was the accutane. or maybe a combination of both. I also have a bit of pain in my back but that was probably from being on the plane as well.

Yesterday as I was at the airport with my mom waiting to go back home, our flight was delayed 2 hours for "technical problems" So once we finally got on, it was a small jet. 10 minutes before we were about to land, the plane almost completely flips over to the right, it was the most horrible experience. My mom screamed and started a chain reaction of screams. It recovered balance and before anyone had time to realize what had happened the plane did another almost complete flip to the left. Everyone on the plane screamed the 2nd time. We all thought we were going down. No doubt. The flight attendent fell face first and ran to his seat. His face turned white as he tried to stabalize to calm everyone down. It was a good 5 or 6 min untill he began explaining what had happened. It was horrible. I was jerked to both sides over the water. I thank god that we didnt crash. At the end everyone on the plane started clapping. Woooo it was a near death experience i can tell you that much. But i'm alright, still a little shocked

Here's another joke.. Enjoy !

Late one night, a burglar broke into a house he thought was empty. He tiptoed through the living room but suddenly he froze in his tracks when he heard a loud voice say, "Jesus is watching you!" Silence returned to the house, so the burglar crept forward again. "Jesus is watching you," the voice boomed again. The burglar stopped dead again. He was frightened. Frantically, he looked all around. In a dark corner, he spotted a bird cage and in the cage was a parrot. He asked the parrot, "Was that you who said Jesus is watching me?" "Yes," said the parrot. The burglar breathed a sigh of relief, and asked the parrot, "What's your name?"

"Clarence," said the bird. "That's a stupid name for a parrot," sneered the burglar. "What idiot would name a parrot Clarence?" The parrot said, "The same idiot who named the Rottweiller Jesus.

DAY 7

Wow its been a week. it went by so slow and fast at the same time... Nothing new.. my face looks like its getting better, people have been complimenting it but it kinda depresses me of that fact that I know it will get way way worse :( someone give me some words of wisdom to snap me out of this ! Anyways... dryness in my lips, pretty chapped. Aquaphor really really helps. Although, i dont know if anyone has had this but at the hair line just above my forhead, it got red patches maybe from me scratching it and it was really dry. Anyone have any suggestions/tips. My skin is also getting a little dried out... Anyone reccomend a mosturizer??

Well.. Not much to it

stay smiling and keep hope !

Day 11

EXTREME headaches. I have one now :( My eyes are dry. Baaaaddd for contacts ! Back pain. As soon as I lay down my whole back gets cramped up. I can't explain the pain. I'm sick as well. I caught a bad cold. My lips are getting dryer as well. I'm putting on a lot of aquaphor every hour or so. When I wake up in the morning my lips are severely dry. Accutane is drying out the acne though. I haven't had time to mosturize my face. I do however moisturize my face in the morning before putting my make up. I've also realized myself dozing off to class. More than usual :doh: Lol It sucks.

What is sad to me is that this is the infamous "calm before the storm" Maybe i'll skip the IB. My sister was on the same dosage and she's younger and shorter & she didnt realy have an IB. she kinda skated right through it. she breaks out here and there but no way in comparison to how it was before.

Anyways. I know this is a hard process so i'm trying to keep my hope and be optimistic.

Stay smiling ! Does anyone actually read my posts? I hope this could benefit to anyone. Other than the 40548986498 million other accutane posts out there

A man was getting a haircut prior to a trip to Rome. He mentioned the trip to the barber who responded, "Rome? Why would anyone want to go there? It's crowded, dirty and full of Italians. You're crazy to go to Rome. So, how are you getting there?"

"We're taking TWA," was the reply. "We got a great rate!"

"TWA?" exclaimed the barber. "That's a terrible airline. Their planes are old, their flight attendants are rude, and they're always late. So, where are you staying in Rome?"

"We'll be at the downtown International Marriott."

"That dump! That's the worst hotel in the city. The rooms are small, the service is surly and they're overpriced. So, whatcha doing when you get there?"

"We're going to go to see the Vatican and we hope to see the Pope."

"That's rich," laughed the barber. "You and a million other people trying to see him. He'll look the size of an ant. Boy, good luck on this lousy trip of yours. You're going to need it."

A month later, the man again came in for his regular haircut. The barber asked him about his trip to Rome.

"It was wonderful," explained the man, "not only were we on time in one of TWA's brand new planes, but it was overbooked and they bumped us up to first class. The food and wine were wonderful, and I had a beautiful 28 year old stewardess who waited on me hand and foot. And the hotel - it was great! They'd just finished a $25 million remodeling job and now it's the finest hotel in the city. They, too, were overbooked, so they apologized and gave us the presidential suite at no extra charge!"

"Well," muttered the barber, "I know you didn't get to see the Pope."

"Actually, we were quite lucky, for as we toured the Vatican, a Swiss Guard tapped me on the shoulder and explained that the Pope likes to personally meet some of the visitors, and if I'd be so kind as to step into his private room and wait, the pope would personally greet me. Sure enough, five minutes later the Pope walked through the door and shook my hand! I knelt down and he spoke to me."

"Really?" asked the Barber. "What'd he say?"

"He said, 'Where'd you get the lousy haircut?'"

Day 12

Hey everyone,

It's been 12 days. Its gone by fast. Let's see... Where shall I start? I'm working with my mom right now & my dad isn't cooking dinner so i'm gonna have to eat something in order to take my accutane. I don't know if it's because i'm sick, but everytime i eat or take my accutane medicine i get very nauseous. Everytime I lay down, my whole back hurts for a min or so. Umm.. Got two new zits; one on my chin one by my lip. Doesn't look too bad, should be gone in a matter of days. My skin has gotten a lot smoother, i'm not gonna lie. It's not all bad. My family has been complimenting me on how my skin is getting better. mind you, they've never seen me without make-up. :liar: Lol. Anyways, i'm beginning to develope a headache. Bummer. the 1000mg of tylenole wore off :wacko: Anyways... That's pretty much it for now. I'm gonna try and post a picture of my skin so far W/O make-up. Even though the before picture pretty much looked good in comparison to how my skin really is.

Good luck to everyone !

Hi there and thanks for posting on my log, just been reading yours, you seem so mature for 15! I think you are doing the right thing by going on Accutane while you are young and your acne is mild/moderate to make your body snap out of it, i wish to God i had, i may have escaped the hideous scarring i have today! Sorry to hear about the effects you've been having though, i too feel a little nauseous when i take my tablets but im not sure if its the Tane or whether i'm just excited coz its another day of taking it haha (how sad is that!), but i've also noticed my appetite is shrinking, especially later on in the day?! This for me is a good thing as I had my 2nd son 6 months ago so I have some post baby weight to shed; kill 2 birds with one stone hey :dance: Good luck with your course and i'll keep checking your log!

Best wishes, Amy x

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my log. I came to show you some support as well :) Sounds like you are doing great so far! I have been getting the horrible headaches as well. Our side effects are very similar so it's good to hear i'm not the only one!

Good luck and def keep in touch! :)

Day 13

I got some new pictures but i dont know how to resize them.. So if someone could be so kind as to help me do that, i'll put them up when I know how. My face looks pretty red but it doesn't look that bad in real life. I have no makeup whatsoever and i feel actually pretty embarrassed to post them.

Now for the update:

My skin is looking a lot better. It's a lot smoother and softer to the touch. My pores are shrinking. Everything is good except for the ugly pimple above my lip. it got a bit bigger. eww So far so good. i know i've been acting like a big baby just complaining, which I probably shouldn't. Not much to it.. I'm gonna mess around with my pictures to see if i can resize it. I'll post 'em up later today or tomorrow.

wow, it's over 2 weeks for you now! i definitely know what you mean about the back pains/aches. i sometimes need to use the heating bad. they definitely have gotten much better than they were when i 1st started tane. however, it's the WORST the 1st day of my period. but as long as we hang in there....we're going to have great results! woohoo :)

Day 16

Well... I'm two days past the two week mark. If you think about it, that's not a long time but it went by fast. I don't know. My skin is looking pretty good and less red. I'm happy with the results although I'm still no where near clear. Accutane users; isn't that funny how it works out? You feel so much more confident although you're not clear. i will be such a happier person once I feel comfortable in my own skin. Although i'm sick with asthma and i can't run or do any exercise, i can't wait till I get better so that I can start going to the gym again. I can't wait till I start running 3-4 miles :X I want to be fit. Anyways, i'm going to post those embarrassing pictures of myself from 3 days ago. My skin has gotten a lot better since then; Don't mind the weird edits, i was messing around with it. Enjoy ;]

I have absolutely no make-up on except some smeared on eyeliner. I'm quite embarrassed but its for the good of the world ! lol

DAY 13 PICTURES

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a193/michelle71231/002.jpg

FRONT

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a193/michelle71231/003.jpg

RIGHT

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a193/michelle71231/004.jpg

LEFT

Day 18

I'm so scared for an initial breakout !!! Lol. I know that i'm getting closer to that point and that is something I really want to avoid :wall: . My skin is looking smoother and smoother. I get small blemishes here and there but nothing as frequent as before. My confidence is getting so much better and its just really frusterating. Is it possible that I can avoid it as little as possible or at all? I'm only on 40mg a day. i'm 5'7. My sister is on the same dose & she didn't get an IB. Well. Let me enjoy the skin I have now and be hopefull for the future right? Whatever happens happens :) That's the only way I can think. Anyways, I have a real head throbbing headache right now. I thought it was cause i'm hot but I remembered accutane does that >.< My back pain isn't as bad. The only real annoying problem is my dry lips. It's actually like peeling. Gross >.< But, It doesn't hurt. At one point my lips got so dry that it hurt to smile. Aquaphor is a miracle. That's pretty much my only complaint. My skin isn't dry at all. It was at one point and then it got oily. Now it's normal. i can wear my makeup much longer than usual. That's a plus :) Anyways, hope all my pals are doing great ! I haven't posted a joke in a long time :/ . Oh well, you'll live !

Smile :D [My motto]

I'll try and Post pictures some time next week. I just got my hair done & I want to show it off ! All my pictures, i've looked gross and really unattractive !! Lol

Hey!

good luck on the rest of your treatment, I just started today! From what I've heard, the IB usually starts after about 2 or 3 weeks, then takes another 1 or 2 to clear up again. I'm not looking forward to it either.. :| thank god for makeup right? lol

Hey twilimidna6

You are so right ! Thank the lord for makeup :dance: Goodness, what would I look like without it >.< Well i stopped by your journal & i just want to tell you once again, good luck with your treatment. We'll get through this ;]

Anyways

Day 19

Um well.. my skin is pretty dry today. Nose is kinda flaky but i suppose it's just getting rid of everything that i didnt even know was there :whistle: Umm i had about 3 headaches that left and came back yesterday. Oh well, small price to pay for the long run. The redmarks on my skin are pretty red today. My makeup covers all that very nicely now that my skin has gotten a lot smoother. Um, nothing really new. I suppose i'll post some pictures up soon. Not much change, but we'll see how it looks in comparison. I kinda started breaking out on ny forehead. not too bad. just about 3 or 4 zits but they are healing quickly. I put a little dab of Retin-A on it and i don't know if it did any help but i think it makes it disappear faster. Anyways good luck everyonee !! Mucho amore

Edit: HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE !!

Here is a picture that I took just now. My idea of a good skin day :D W/ make-up but very little ;] I was squinting one eye soo dont make fun of me !! Lol Enjoy ! tell me what you think

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a193/mic...day19makeup.jpg

Day 20

(The bold is the actual update. The rest is my rant)

Ughh. today is definitely not my day. My skin is dry dry dry. I had to apply a ton of mosturizer. My lips are getting very cracked and dry and it hurts. I have a headache :(. Got some more actives popping up on my forehead. I don't usually get them there. I feel horribly fat. Today was a day that I found all of my flaws. Funny how acne can really bring someone down. I feel bad that i hate myself when other people go through so much more and still keep a positive outlook on life. For goodness sakes there are people out there starving and i'm complaining about my skin as i'm chomping down on a piece of steak. :snooty: Not cool. How ungrateful am I? Whatever. Im just having a really bad day. I can't wait until I become entirely happy with myself. I'm missing out on so much. Would you believe that just yesterday i posted a picture of how good my skin looked and today i feel like wearing a paper bag over my head. Lord give me strength. I feel like throwing my accutane and my BC pills at my derms face and saying "Screw this!" Even though that would change nothing. It would make me personally feel better :) Lol woo thats enough of my vent. I might get my license around October for anyone that cares. Well... that's all I really have to say for today. Another pill of accutane is another day closer towards the end of my treatment. Goodness that will be a GREAT day. I'll have to shout it to the world ! Well.... Hope everyone else is good. Take care & keep me posted !

Day 20

(The bold is the actual update. The rest is my rant)

Ughh. today is definitely not my day. My skin is dry dry dry. I had to apply a ton of mosturizer. My lips are getting very cracked and dry and it hurts. I have a headache :(. Got some more actives popping up on my forehead. I don't usually get them there. I feel horribly fat. Today was a day that I found all of my flaws. Funny how acne can really bring someone down. I feel bad that i hate myself when other people go through so much more and still keep a positive outlook on life. For goodness sakes there are people out there starving and i'm complaining about my skin as i'm chomping down on a piece of steak. :snooty: Not cool. How ungrateful am I? Whatever. Im just having a really bad day. I can't wait until I become entirely happy with myself. I'm missing out on so much. Would you believe that just yesterday i posted a picture of how good my skin looked and today i feel like wearing a paper bag over my head. Lord give me strength. I feel like throwing my accutane and my BC pills at my derms face and saying "Screw this!" Even though that would change nothing. It would make me personally feel better :) Lol woo thats enough of my vent. I might get my license around October for anyone that cares. Well... that's all I really have to say for today. Another pill of accutane is another day closer towards the end of my treatment. Goodness that will be a GREAT day. I'll have to shout it to the world ! Well.... Hope everyone else is good. Take care & keep me posted !

Awh. Just hang in there! You can do it. Whenever I think my face looks bad, I just think about the people who have it 100x worse than me, and then it makes me feel better. Nonetheless, you still look pretty. :]

ThatAznKid, Thanks you are too kind ;]

Day 21

My lips are horridly dry !! that's really my only inconvenience. My skin is dry as well but my moisturizer is REALLY good and i apply it once and its not a problem for the rest of the day. Umm.. my redmarks are getting pretty noticeable but the new actives are slowly drying up. These couple of days i know my skin is going to look pretty bad. Thank goodness for spring break :) It'll give my skin time to calm down and get better. Umm.. my eyes are a bit dry. nothing that i can't tolerate. This is really random and off topic but.. I cooked dinner all by myself :) Haha yes i know, pathetic but i don't care. hopefully it comes out good. It was just chicken soup and sandwiches... nothing big but still yummy So... hopefully everyone is doing very very good :) Good luck on your road

Hey i haven't posted a joke in a while so since i'm in a weirdly good mood here it is ;]

Three sons left home, went out on their own and prospered. Getting back together, they discussed the gifts they were able to give their elderly Mother.

The first said, "I built a big house for our Mother." The second said, "I sent her a Mercedes with a driver." The third smiled and said, "I've got you both beat. You remember how Mom enjoyed reading the Bible? And you know she can't see very well any more. I sent her a remarkable parrot that recites the entire Bible. It took Elders in the church 12 years to teach him. He's one of a kind. Mama just has to name the chapter and verse, and the parrot recites it."

Soon thereafter, Mom sent out her letters of thanks: "Milton," she wrote one son, "the house you built is so huge. I live in only one room, but I have to clean the whole house."

"Gerald," she wrote to another, "I am too old to travel any more. My eyesight isn't what it used to be. I stay most of the time at home, so I rarely use the Mercedes. And the driver is so rude!"

"Dearest Donald," she wrote to her third son, "you have the good sense to know what your Mother likes. The chicken was delicious!"

Yay! Day 21 =) I wish you good luck on your road to clear skin! I'll be going on the pill in 2 days and I feel less nervous when I read people's logs, yours included ^__^.

Awesome joke btw hahahaha.