Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NewLife325

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion SPF 15

so i have some red marks from past acne ...and ive decided to go and buy some NHSFL ....but i have a few questions ....i usually shower at night ..and then moisturize ...and i do understand there is a Night verison ..but i wanted the one with SPF to help block the sun from my face ....so if i apply it at night ...then next day when i wake up ...will the SPF still be effective to blocking the sun ? or is it better to apply it during the day ...so it wont wear out ..as if im applying it at night then waking up ...because i dont usually moisturize in the morning/day ..im not sure if this is too confusing ..because i cant explain ..but hopfully some of you guys can help me with the answer...

so i have some red marks from past acne ...and ive decided to go and buy some NHSFL ....but i have a few questions ....i usually shower at night ..and then moisturize ...and i do understand there is a Night verison ..but i wanted the one with SPF to help block the sun from my face ....so if i apply it at night ...then next day when i wake up ...will the SPF still be effective to blocking the sun ? or is it better to apply it during the day ...so it wont wear out ..as if im applying it at night then waking up ...because i dont usually moisturize in the morning/day ..im not sure if this is too confusing ..because i cant explain ..but hopfully some of you guys can help me with the answer...

You want to apply sunscreen about 20 minutes before going into the sun. Applying at night means that you're far more likely to rub it off on your pillowcase. Also, chemical sunscreen agents degrade over time, which is why you're supposed to reapply. Sadly, the more important issue is that Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion lacks a UVA-protecting agent, so it's next to useless for preventing wrinkles and skin cancer. And, since it contains AHA at an effective concentration and pH, you're definitely going to want to apply a real sunscreen as AHA's can make your skin slightly more vulnerable to sun damage.