Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pwnoy

Baking Soda

Hey guys,

I know this may seem like a common question, but does Baking Soda help clear red marks left over from acne?

Thanks in advance.

Hey guys,

I know this may seem like a common question, but does Baking Soda help clear red marks left over from acne?

Thanks in advance.

OMG< DO NOT USE BAKING SODA, it burned my skin, luckily the burn marks are gone not but jesus, worst mistake ever, but thats just me

Thanks for the replies. :D

@JPizzle: Did you wash immediately after applying the Baking Soda or did you leave it on for a few minutes and then wash it off?

baking soda has actually worked for me.

but dont use it every day.

i would use it maybe once a week.

mix it with some water, make it into a paste, and leave it on for about 30 minutes.

it has helped with my redness and helping with breakouts.

The terms "Baking Soda" and "Bicarbonate of Soda" are used interchangeably, but they are very different products. Baking soda contains other ingredients apart from Sodium Bicarbonate. It is the baking soda which will damage your skin. My guess is that those who have been burnt or had other bad experiences with baking soda were using the wrong product.

Once a week, it is safe to use Sodium Bicarbonate to exfoliate your skin. Mix a paste with a little water, and spread it gently onto your skin. Do not scrub it in, as this will damage your face. Leave it for a minute or two until it dries, and then wash it off thoroughly with lukewarm water.

baking soda a big no no for me..burned my face bad i still have redness and irritation the first time i used it i was impressed but the second time worst mistake i looked like i had a sunburn all day...so if you decide to use it..i say once a week like JacksonG said

Thanks for the replies. :D

@JPizzle: Did you wash immediately after applying the Baking Soda or did you leave it on for a few minutes and then wash it off?

I've read that if you use baking soda, then you should use ACV/water toner directly afterwards. Since the baking soda destroys the acid mantle on your skin, the ACV will help to restore your ph since it is acidic. I would definitely stress DO NOT LEAVE the baking soda on your skin!! If you're going to use it, just gently massage it in for a minute or so then rinse off. In all honesty though, why not try one of the sugar mixtures I suggested earlier first? they should be gentler and will also help with red marks