Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
countdown2failure

Does Benzoyl Peroxide interfere with Hydroquinone ???

I know using the two together will cause increased irritation, but is there a chance that either benzoyl peroxide or AHA, when applied to the skin after Hydroquinone, will prevent the Hydroquinone from working to it's fullest?

Does anyone know?

Wynne?

Someone?

Anyone?

Thanks in advance

I found this on http://www.drugs.com/mtm/hydroquinone-topical.html

Using hydroquinone topical together with benzoyl peroxide, hydrogen peroxide, or other peroxide products may cause a temporary staining of your skin. This staining can usually be removed with soap and water.

Does anyone have any experience using BP and HQ together? What about BP and AHA together?

just wondering how well th hq is working for you? im using 4% and i try not to mix BP, i have mixed a few times dooing quick applications, nothing out of the ordinary happened.

I love Hidroquinone. I used it for many years. It's not an overnight miracle, but it works. Make sure you don't rub it and don't put too much on your face. It is very powerful and it will irritate your skin. 2% is totally useless, 3% is ok (that's the one I used the most) 5% is better. I have used 12% I know, pretty illegal, that's probably Michael Jacksons prescription (the tabloids used to say he bleached his skin with 20% hidroquinone concentration) I would try to get the 5% if possible, if not then the 3%

I would be careful about putting so many products on your skin. Maybe do it in increments to make sure your skin does not get irritated. If your skin is irritated already please stop, otherwise you will get breakouts.

That's all BP did for me, it gave me nasty breakouts. I know it works for some people though. We're all different.