Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ok i started taking accutane last feb. to july 07 then my derm immediatley put me on differin. i was clear after accutane but she gave me differin for me to use for i guess the rest of my life to keep me clear. well im a light olive skinned so my face was on the darker side and since accutane and differin my face is all reddish/pink.ive been using the differin since last july 07 to now march and my face is not the same color as my body anymore and i just want it to be the same again. so i was wondering can i just stop using differin or do it every other night? my face gets so dry from it that i think its going to rip when i smile and my face is still all flaky from the differen. thank you! im clear by the way.

how much differin do you put on? it should only be a small pea sized amount that constitutes a very thin layer.. if your skin is still red, try applying every other night. Good luck.

thanks for replying. yep i started last night of doing every other night. i didnt put any on last night so lets hope my face gets better. i mean i have 2 different colors of skin on my body and i feel very wierd. i was wondering, since the last time i took accutane was at the end of july 07 and it is now march 08, is the accutane still in my system? maybe thats creating the pink/redness.

hi there.. i saw a dermatologist around 2 years ago... gave me differin..im still using it today.... you have to be very careful with it.... im silly... i hate anyone seeing me with no make up on..so i tend to walk around my house with either a face mask on..or a thick layer of cream / moisturiser ( dont ask why ..im insane ) erm.. n yes.... i keep making the same mistake..i will sometimes put a thick layer of differin on also.... not good really..as it really does dry youre skin out..n make it sore..... in the morning..i cleanse.... then use bp.. then moisturise... in the evening after work.. i wipe make up off with facial wipes... then cleanse......then apply a thin layer of differin.....if my skin is dry / sore from the previous night of applying the differin.. i then follow it by a small amount of moisturiser...rub in softly for around 5 minutes..then go to bed... hope this helps :) x

The redness is usually a side effect that most people get the first few weeks. Right now I'm strictly on differin only with no BP and no moisturizer and it's working well. My skin used to be really red but it's subsided significantly.

ok i started taking accutane last feb. to july 07 then my derm immediatley put me on differin. i was clear after accutane but she gave me differin for me to use for i guess the rest of my life to keep me clear. well im a light olive skinned so my face was on the darker side and since accutane and differin my face is all reddish/pink.ive been using the differin since last july 07 to now march and my face is not the same color as my body anymore and i just want it to be the same again. so i was wondering can i just stop using differin or do it every other night? my face gets so dry from it that i think its going to rip when i smile and my face is still all flaky from the differen. thank you! im clear by the way.

it definetly is cause of the accutane. tons of people are going through that as well

thanks for replying. yep i started last night of doing every other night. i didnt put any on last night so lets hope my face gets better. i mean i have 2 different colors of skin on my body and i feel very wierd. i was wondering, since the last time i took accutane was at the end of july 07 and it is now march 08, is the accutane still in my system? maybe thats creating the pink/redness.

differin user here for 3 years now. Facial color is no longer the same with my body color. Im so white now! i was brown before (im filipino)

Like Axsuul said, you should use no more than a pea sized amount or it will dry you out. One pea sized amount spread out over your entire face, no more than that. And be sure to moisturize.

ok so ironhide, ur skin is now white color? and will mine be like that as long as i stay on differin? and moregano, you think the discoloration is from the accutane? if so, how much longer do you think till my coloring returns to normal? thank you!