Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sanjoseskin

Fraxel RE:Pair not approved for acne scars?

I'm somewhat confused, maybe someone can give insight on this.

If you visit fraxels website at http://www.reliant-tech.com/fraxel-repair-laser.cfm

it states that they MAY later on get approval for acne scars. It also states it is NOT cleared for acne scars. In contrast, the older Fraxel Re:Store IS APPROVED for acne scars. Ok so what does this mean? Does this mean the older fraxel is better on acne scars than the new Co2 based fraxel?

So confusing, another thing that makes me mad, its obvious fraxel doesn't consider acne scars very important, otherwise they would have included acne scars in their initial clinical trials and obtained FDA approval or Denial with the release of the product. Seems like Acne Scars are not of their concern. Again another example of acne scar patients being shafted.

I'm somewhat confused, maybe someone can give insight on this.

If you visit fraxels website at http://www.reliant-tech.com/fraxel-repair-laser.cfm

it states that they MAY later on get approval for acne scars. It also states it is NOT cleared for acne scars. In contrast, the older Fraxel Re:Store IS APPROVED for acne scars. Ok so what does this mean? Does this mean the older fraxel is better on acne scars than the new Co2 based fraxel?

So confusing, another thing that makes me mad, its obvious fraxel doesn't consider acne scars very important, otherwise they would have included acne scars in their initial clinical trials and obtained FDA approval or Denial with the release of the product. Seems like Acne Scars are not of their concern. Again another example of acne scar patients being shafted.

It might just take longer to get approved for acne scarring. I think they have to show enough improvement to warrant the approval first. I remember the original Fraxel and the las tthing it was approved for was acne scarring too. It just seems to take longer.

I have a question. I was really planning on doing 5 fraxel sessions during the summer period between school years. I was going to do my first one in June, but would it be better to wait for this treatment? I'm kinda worried about (a) how available it will be to get to [althugh i live in vain so-cal so hopefully that helps] & (b) how effective it really is compared to the 5 fraxel sessoins, which would probably cost more anyways...

Thanks a lot.

I have a question. I was really planning on doing 5 fraxel sessions during the summer period between school years. I was going to do my first one in June, but would it be better to wait for this treatment? I'm kinda worried about (a) how available it will be to get to [althugh i live in vain so-cal so hopefully that helps] & (b) how effective it really is compared to the 5 fraxel sessoins, which would probably cost more anyways...

Thanks a lot.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks a lot.

Maybe u should look into Active FX which is similar to re:pair.1 session is as effective as 5 fraxel re:store sessions from what I've heard.From where you live,both systems should be available.Lucky you!

All in all Id say my 1 treatment with active fx + deep fx was probobly better than what I wouldve got with 20 fraxels. Get the results you want now and also save your money!!! Just my experience

All in all Id say my 1 treatment with active fx + deep fx was probobly better than what I wouldve got with 20 fraxels. Get the results you want now and also save your money!!! Just my experience

My guesses are:

1. Mfg first do studies for FDA clearance on wrinkles and pigment issues first becsue the market is way bigger than for acne scars. Docs want clearance to treat these conditions before they want a machine cleared for scarring because of the market size.

2. Scarring can be more diffcult to treat if deep, so clearnce might be more difficult to obtain than for wrinkles, etc.

3. Fraxel SR 1500 (restore) is likely to be less effective than the new fractional lasers that are ablative. Like most, I have had some improvemnt, but way less than expected. The 1500 was better than the 750.

I will not spend any more on SR 1500, but will consider trying an ablative fractional laser for my last procedure. I am close to the finish line, after many mistakes along the way.

Retardiest: I like your comment "so I can hopefully look smooth and sexy by the summer!" If you're female, pls send pictures!

Nissan Pilest offered me the procedure for acne scarring w/o much hesitation over at Total Dermatology. Says they're just setting it up now should have it ready for march.

I'm not entirely sure how effective this machine would be, but it is intriguing. I'd wait for more information concerning its ability against acne scarring though. If I had a couple grand to be a guiney pig I'd try it out for you guys, but right now someone else will have to be doing that.

Nissan Pilest offered me the procedure for acne scarring w/o much hesitation over at Total Dermatology. Says they're just setting it up now should have it ready for march.

I'm not entirely sure how effective this machine would be, but it is intriguing. I'd wait for more information concerning its ability against acne scarring though. If I had a couple grand to be a guiney pig I'd try it out for you guys, but right now someone else will have to be doing that.