Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GirlNextDoor

In need of advice

hey people,

Im posting a message on here in the hope that someone, ANYONE will give me some advice as to what i should do! plzzzz smile.gif

For the last month my skin has grown worse and worse. sad.gif Im 19 now but when i was 16 this happened before and the doctor put me on antibiotics to help reduce the number of breakouts i was having. I have an awful concept of time but im guessing i was on them for 6 months to no avail. ](*,) my skin cleared on its own and i just put it down to adolescence but now its back with avengence!

I tried Dans regime for 3 weeks but it has failed to prevent the breakouts and my skins continually getting worse. So, i'm looking for something to use in conjunction with Dan's regime before my face becomes one huge spot!

my main problem areas are my chin and forhead. i tend to suffer with painful whiteheads and pimples.

can anbody give me advice, and/or their opinion as to what is the best thing i can do for my skin to reduce/clear the number of breakouts im getting.

Sorry, i wrote an essay. but id love you forever if you told me the secret to clear skin! biggrin.gif

xxxxx

I think you need to see either your Dr. or a Dermatologist. Maybe s/he can put you back on antibiotics in conjunction with a topical. That may be all that you need. There are many good medications out there, you just have to find the one for you. What may work for me or someone else may not work for you or vice versa. I have tried many medications that didn't work and have FINALLY found something that may do the job. The only thing that I haven't tried is Accutane and since I am not a candidate for it due to health issues, it is totally out of the question...so I hope what I am using works. [-o< My advice to you is to go through the message boards here and gather as much information as you can and call and make an appt. with your Dr. Good Luck!