Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaurim540

makeup remover for colorstay

i use colorstay and its really hard to get off ... anyone know what is good to use on the face for foundation removal.. that doesnt have a ton of oil in it

ps. revlon colorstay = doesnt come off with water,soap easily)

I have the saaaaame problem, its so hard to get off. Ponds cold cream + a damp washcloth works wonders though (followed by soap and water.)

Cleansing oil. They remove everything in one step. I can't believe they aren't popular here.

You just massage the oil on your face and wash off with water. All your makeup comes off. This kind of oil can be washed off with water, I don't know how they do it but they are not like normal oils that are greasy and stick to your face and impossible to take off.

My HG is Fancl mild cleansing oil. Shu Uemura and DHC are also supposed to work well and are available in the US.

I'm prone to milia, so any oils on my face gives me bumps around my eyes and elsewhere. So the cheapest way to go is to use a clean washcloth, wet it, and put your favorite cleanser on it, and gently scrub your face in circular motions. Use an alcohol free toner afterwards if you want, but it takes everything off for me. I love Revlon Colorstay :)

Here are the non-OCM cleansers I used to use that worked well for getting rid of long-wearing makeup:

Clean & Clear Foaming Cleanser for Sensitive Skin (same as Purpose liquid cleanser)

Pond's Pristine Clean Gentle Cleansing Foam

Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foam Cleanser

Olay Daily Facials Cloths

You can also try a makeup remover before cleansing -- Almay makes a pretty good makeup remover wipe.

make-up removers are awesome. i've heard good things about clean & clear's make-up remover and ponds (although i haven't tried either.) i'm also a fan of cleansing oil (different from oil-cleansing.) cleansing oils emulsify with water and rinse clean, so they're not difficult to remove like in the oil-cleansing method. i love mac's cleanse-off oil. you can always follow up with another cleanser although not necessary.