Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mdr8

3 courses of accutane, still didnt work

I finished my 3rd course of accutane on Dec. 14th 2007. 80 mg a day for 7 months. My second course was finished 6 months before that on the same dose and the first course was also the same dose. I am starting to get acne again which sucks at 21 years of age. I realized that the problem is simply my oily skin. Once the oil levels return to normal on my face, the acne starts coming back. Its looking like I may have to go on a long term low dose course of accutane. Im hoping my doctor will allow this....

That really sucks. I am on my second course and like you I have really oily skin and I am afraid when I get off this second round that the acne is going to come back. That's what happened after my first round. It wasn't as bad but I did notice once the oil came back so did the acne. I hope your doctor allows for the long term low dose treatment. Good luck with everything.

I finished my 3rd course of accutane on Dec. 14th 2007. 80 mg a day for 7 months. My second course was finished 6 months before that on the same dose and the first course was also the same dose. I am starting to get acne again which sucks at 21 years of age. I realized that the problem is simply my oily skin. Once the oil levels return to normal on my face, the acne starts coming back. Its looking like I may have to go on a long term low dose course of accutane. Im hoping my doctor will allow this....

Continues to take accutane if you did not suffer from major side effect. But remember that accutane might cause hairloss on some people which is even more difficult to treat than acnes.

Why in the world would you continue taking it if it didn't work the first time? Have you heard of anything that works the third och foruth time? People saying that just want your money...it works the first time or it doesn't work at all.

Imagine if heroine or alcohol or something would work after taking it four times (!)...wake up.

Most ridiculous comparison ever, doesnt even make sense. I took it 3 times and it worked better each time, just not fully. And yes, you can go on a long-term, low dose treatment which is effective.

Why in the world would you continue taking it if it didn't work the first time? Have you heard of anything that works the third och foruth time? People saying that just want your money...it works the first time or it doesn't work at all.

Imagine if heroine or alcohol or something would work after taking it four times (!)...wake up.

Ever tried b5 megadose? reduces oil pretty well if that is the main cause of your acne... much safer than tane aswell.

mm8 - accutane is known to work for some people only after multiple tries.. MANY people go on at LEAST a second course of accutane.

Do people ever go on a fourth course? I've never heard of that ever happening.

I've heard of people going on a 5th course. I don't know, I'm sure each individual is different and it's up to them if it's still worth it. I'd be pretty disappointed if I had to keep doing courses. I suppose you can just try to keep a good maintenance and hope that it will go away as you get older. My mom said my dad had acne til he was around 28. My sister is 28 now and still has acne. I am still 22, so I'm guessing it's going to be a long time until my face will ever clear. I just hope it works, but I'm willing to do a second course if I have to.