Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
firefly7

Spots on cheeks - corrisponding with a certain part of body?

I only get sore inflamed whiteheads on my cheeks usually. ( they do however pop up on other parts of my body/face but get them most on cheeks.)

im sure i remember being told that different parts of your face corrispond with other parts of the body. therefore if you have problems in a certain area of your face it means your kidneys are stressed/ stomach stressed etc. a bit like reflexology, that sort of idea. if i remember rightly i was going to have a Dermalogica ( which i now hate) facial and the therapist had a map of the face showing this.

anyway i wasnt really listening to her, so fast forward a few years and i always get bad spots on my cheeks. obviously i have done the whole not using blusher thing to see if it was that. made absolutly no differance. i only use everyday minerals and am very happy with it.

i follow a 'holistic' approach to food and have no dairy, wheat etc and do not drink alcohol. i drink 3litres of water a day and my diet is based on fruit and veg. also had clinical blood test which revealed i am highly intollerant to cows milk products, yeast and wheat, so i avoid them. i make most of our meals from scratch and always double check labels of anything i buy that is prepackaged on the odd occasion. i also take zinc, fish oils, vitamin c and vitamin b2. im sure you get the idea. my good diet has improved my acne loads but it is just as oily.

so i am totally stumped on why i have bad spots only on the cheek area. its also mostly on the left side. i clean my washcloths and pillowcases regularly.

could it be anything to do with the skin mapping thing that the dermalogica therapist was on about. any ideas? any certain foods or supplements that i could have to improve this.

any help appreciated.

I have the same problem! I only breakout on my cheeks and a bit on my chin. I remember reading that part of the cheeks correspond to the lungs. I used to breakout all over my face years ago but now my forehead and nose are clear - and they are still oily. I will rarely get pimples there. I wonder why that is... I tried many colon detox methods but I still breakout. I'm also on Yasmin but it doesn't seem to help...

I find that my I break out on my cheeks when my digestion is bad. Do you think you might have any digestion problems?

try googling chinese face reading. im not gonna preach to yous but im gonna check this out. think the spots on my cheeks could be linked to this.

I only get sore inflamed whiteheads on my cheeks usually. ( they do however pop up on other parts of my body/face but get them most on cheeks.)

im sure i remember being told that different parts of your face corrispond with other parts of the body. therefore if you have problems in a certain area of your face it means your kidneys are stressed/ stomach stressed etc. a bit like reflexology, that sort of idea. if i remember rightly i was going to have a Dermalogica ( which i now hate) facial and the therapist had a map of the face showing this.

anyway i wasnt really listening to her, so fast forward a few years and i always get bad spots on my cheeks. obviously i have done the whole not using blusher thing to see if it was that. made absolutly no differance. i only use everyday minerals and am very happy with it.

i follow a 'holistic' approach to food and have no dairy, wheat etc and do not drink alcohol. i drink 3litres of water a day and my diet is based on fruit and veg. also had clinical blood test which revealed i am highly intollerant to cows milk products, yeast and wheat, so i avoid them. i make most of our meals from scratch and always double check labels of anything i buy that is prepackaged on the odd occasion. i also take zinc, fish oils, vitamin c and vitamin b2. im sure you get the idea. my good diet has improved my acne loads but it is just as oily.

so i am totally stumped on why i have bad spots only on the cheek area. its also mostly on the left side. i clean my washcloths and pillowcases regularly.

could it be anything to do with the skin mapping thing that the dermalogica therapist was on about. any ideas? any certain foods or supplements that i could have to improve this.

any help appreciated.

any help appreciated.

my naturopath said in chinese medicine the cheeks are related to the stomach.

My cheeks are the worst and after going on paleo and eating apples and pears (fructose), I got terrible G and D and my cheeks broke out and my face became red and irritated the next day.....digestion/allergy it would seem for me.

I have a very similar situation to yours, where my skin is really oily pretty much everywhere, but I typically only breakout on my cheeks.

I'd be really interested to find out if there is a link between the cheeks and something as well.

Ok MAJOR bump!! but i think there is something to this face mapping. Ever since ive been drinking lots of water i dont get spots on my forehead anymore; which used to be my main site for breakouts. I looked at the face mapping diagram and it states that zone 1 (forehead) is linked to your bladder and digestive system; and by drinking a good amount of water will help cure this area.

Coincidence? Im going to do some more research about this.

Yeah I thought there was some validity to face mapping, until I found there were several different face map pictures that had COMPLETELY different areas corresponding to whatever organ.