Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pontings

Does he need to be on the regimen?

My friend asked me to post this. I told him about the regimen and he was interested. Having tried loads of over-the-counter shit his face is a bit flaky and dry etc. Should he give it time before he begins the regimen or is it ok to get straight in? Could it cause any damage to his skin if he does?

Is his acne mild? does he suffer from excema? does he take any medacation at the moment? Does he have sensitive skin?

If the answer to any of these is yes then he should not use this regimen, unless under a doctors supervision anyway!

Tell him to try a good cleanser first and a good moisturiser. I suggest Cetaphil Liquid cleanser and Eurcin Renewal.

If this does not help maybe a light BP (maybe Quionderm 5%) might help and Eurcin renewal moisturiser.

Hope this helps..

Pointings, if your friend has tried a lot of otc products then the regimen shouldn't be a great skin shock. Make sure he comes to the site and follows dan's instructions (particularly starting slowly and increasing the dosage slowly) to the T. The regimen uses topical otc products which don't cause permanent or systemic changes. Like any topical acne med bp can cause localised redness and flaking. Which is why it is important to start out slow.

Is his acne mild? does he suffer from excema? does he take any medacation at the moment? Does he have sensitive skin? 

If the answer to any of these is yes then he should not use this regimen, unless under a doctors supervision anyway!