Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RJ_14

Does my regimen contain 'safe' products??

I am currently applying Stiemycin (Erythromycin) in the morning and PanOxyl (Benzoyl Peroxide) at night.

In the morning I have a shower, applying Clean and Clear deep action cleanser.

http://www.cleanandclear.com/productDetail.do?productid=40

I then apply the stiemycin. Half an hour later, just before school, I apply Nivea for Men Rehydrating Moisturiser to the dry areas of my skin. (Cheeks, Forehead)

http://www.nivea.co.uk/products/show/11448

At night I wash with warm water then use the Clean and Clear again, then apply the PanOxyl.

What I want to know is this, are these two products harmful in any way to my skin? Do they contain any harmful chemicals that should be avoided? Accutane failed me and so I am looking for excuses :wall:

Thanks!

The PanOxyl might be a bit high concentration for you, but if you haven't had trouble with it, don't worry about it.

The cleanser has menthol, which doesn't do anything for skin except make it tingle. Tingling is almost always a sign of irritation, so switch to a more gentle cleanser. Trust me, there's nothing about the one you're using that will give you a deeper clean than their Foaming Wash for Sensitive Skin.

The Nivea Men's Moisturizer that's sold here in the U.S. has decent sunscreen protection, but also contains denatured alcohol pretty high on the ingredient list. Again, that might not be a good idea for acne-prone skin, as alcohol can be very drying and irritating to a lot of people.

Do you have any specific products that you would recommend?

Preferably sold in the UK?

Do you have any specific products that you would recommend?

Preferably sold in the UK?

Sadly, I have no idea what's sold in the UK. I would think if they have Clean and Clear products then they would carry the Foaming Cleanser for Sensitive Skin. It's identical to Purpose, which so many people on this board swear by.

As for sunscreen/moisturizer, just look for one that contains UVA as well as UVB protection and doesn't contain SD alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, menthol, camphor, eucalyptus, etc. Of course, if the alcohol isn't bothering you at all (no increased dryness, redness, or breakouts), then you can keep using the one you're using.