Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lappj

Why not take lower dosage if that works faster and better?

On my first accutane course, I took 30mg/day. The acne cleared within 5 weeks with no initial breakout. Now I am on my 2nd course, taking 70mg/day of Roaccutane (British version). I am a little over two months into the treatment and my acne has gone from moderate to severe, with no sign of improving. I recently posted a question asking why my two courses are giving such different results and was told that it was due to the higher dosage.

Why not just take 30mg if that clears acne instantly than take 70mg which causes a horrible outbreak with the risk of scaring?

I'm getting worried that my skin won't be clear by June (month 6) when I start college.....

The first course obviously didn't work if you're on your second now, so maybe the high dose method will get rid of your acne permanently.

The first course obviously didn't work if you're on your second now, so maybe the high dose method will get rid of your acne permanently.

yea, it didn't work in the long run. I was clear on the four months I was on tane and the following three months before the mild acne began to return. I am just afraid that my this dosage won't work at all....it has been over 2 months with no sign of improvement. My face is still producing a fair amount of oil and my lips are only mildly dry.