Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
seven_star_glory

Antibiotics correlation?

I'm just curious, how many of you were on antibiotics as children?

I know I was extensively for ear infections.

I'm the only one in my family with acne.

Just thinking...

I'm just curious, how many of you were on antibiotics as children?

I know I was extensively for ear infections.

I'm the only one in my family with acne.

Just thinking...

I was several times for strep throat...like once or twice a year for several years...and then i took tetracyclines for 3.5 years...eek

I dont know if I did but I probably did too for ear infections. I am to this day hard of hearing in my right ear. When I was three years old my ear drum burst on the way to the ear doctor

I was on them quite regularly when I was younger...

You know, I actually thought about the link between antibiotic use and acne, you know. The serious flare-up on my temple that persisted for months happened when I was on doxycycline for acne... Check out aubergine's pics on the accutane gallery, apparently it was erythromycin that made her skin so much worse...

i had antibiotics when i was only a few weeks old and i continued for years when i was younger for hearing problems.....i am quite intrigued by this theory...

I took antibiotics maybe a few times in my life (like less than five), and while some of them were heavy duty antibiotics I was on them for no longer than week. My mother was against doctor's for the most part and only believed to resorting to antibiotics if it was a must.

I still have persistent mild to moderate acne.

I took them several times for strep, bronchitis, mono, etc etc. and the tetracyycline for probably a year or two when i first got acne at like 16 or something...doh!

Lots of ear infections and even impetigo a few times as a child. Did use antibiotics.

But then again, so many children DO use antibiotics and many do not have acne as teenagers or adults. The results here will be skewed as all of us here have had, or do have, acne so the answers HERE really won't tell you anything. :)

You're right Wynne.

I was just wondering, more specifically for people that had been on them extensively. It was just a question. I'm not attempting to discover the source of all acne.

But boy, wouldn't that be nice?

i too was on antibiotics almost constantly growing up. my main problem was ear infections and some problems with sinuses and throat infections. this is very interesting. it kind of makes me mad to think something a doctor gave me could've caused all this. note to self: if i ever have children i will never give them antibiotics!

i had tons of ear infections when i was a kiddo. i came very close to having one of those tubes put in. i took those sulfate drugs until they found out i was allergic.