Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Josie4us

Alpha-Lipoic-Acid & DMAE...and Peels, what to use

I read in Dr. Perricone's acne book these products are good for acne and large pore proned skin. Anyone try them? Are they in supplement or skin care product form?

Also looking for an at home peel that would work well for diminishing fine lines and scarring. I wanted to try at home instead of expensive dr. visits. But I'm leary of doing this at home. Any good results to share would be greatly appreciated!

Josie O:)

I've been taking all of Dr. Perricone's recommended supps for well over a year...I don't know how well they work or not, but I used to break out occassionally and don't any more...

But I would say it's a combination of the supps and topicals I use.

Oh I also just got the C-extreme resurfacer from Serious Skin Care...used it once and it works nice...it's second ingredient (in the activator) is lactic acid. A lot of people here like lactic acid peels.

Are the lactic acid peels preferred to glycolic and salicylic peels? Are the reslts comparable? Diminished fine lines, smoother skin and discoloration?

Where can I find more information about peels on this board. Can you tell I'm new!

thanks for helping!!

Josie

Use TCA complex, it is preferrable than everything you mentioned. Use the Search feature on the top of the page. I hope my answers are responsive .