Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oli_ramsay

A moisturiser that WONT leave my skin oily/greasy

Hi, I've been using Nivea Oil free Moisturising Fluid for a while now, but it doesn't moisturise my skin all that well. I still get flakey and red skin sometime after using only a smell amount of 2.5% Panoxyl Aquagel BP.

The reason I've stuck with the stuff for so quite a while is because it's the only moisturiser I've used so far that doesn't leave my skin really oily and greasy after use.

Is there any other moisturiser that you know of that is good enough for very dry skin, and at the same time wont leave my face shinier than a mirror?

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

Since you like that one for it's matte appearance, why not alternate it and use something more hydrating at night. This may allow you to get away with using the Nivea during the daytime, if your skin has gotten some good hydration at night.

Try Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion at night. It usually almost always takes care of the dryness and flaking. It will look shiny, but using it at night may let you be able to use your lighter lotion for daytime use.

Since you like that one for it's matte appearance, why not alternate it and use something more hydrating at night. This may allow you to get away with using the Nivea during the daytime, if your skin has gotten some good hydration at night.

Try Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion at night. It usually almost always takes care of the dryness and flaking. It will look shiny, but using it at night may let you be able to use your lighter lotion for daytime use.

Thats a wonderful idea Brandy :) I often alternate between two moisturizers, Neutrogena for Sensitive Skin and Aquaphor

That's a great idea Brandy, why didn't I think of that b4? Thanks! ;)

I'll have a look in boots 2morrow for a good night-time moisturiser for dry/sensitive skin.

Any suggestions for a good cheapish one? I live in the UK and I've never seen any Cetaphil in stores, or do you have to get it from a pharmacy?

A favorite of our UK members is Eucerin Dry Skin Relief Face Cream with 5% Urea. (man, that's such a long name!)

Eucerin it is then!!

Thanks for your help :D:D:D