Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mangos21

DIM in Canada

just wondering if anyone has been able to find DIM in a store in Canada, i don't own a credit card so i can't purchase some online. i posted in the original DIM thread but got no reply (perhaps b/c the thread is long), so i started this topic :ninja:

i suppose i'll call my local pharmacy and see if they can order it. not sure if theyh'll be able to though.

thanks a lot!

I went to like 5 different health stores that "specialize" in pill distribution. They havnt even heard of the stuff, they looked at me like I had lost my mind. "What is this diindolymethane?!"

How can no places in toronto have this? I havnt gone everywhere but you would think it would be findable. Shame really. I cant even find a canadian company to order it from, because I hate paying like 30 dollars for shipping from the usa. In fact, I ordered some last week frm vitamin shoppe and now they tell me they cant ship it because theres something wrong with my billing address.

yeah, i was hoping some place in t.o. would carry it. where did you go to check? i was thinking GNC/Shoppers/The Super store mgiht have something. doesn't seem too likely though. fck.

Try going to a large natural supplement store (not GNC, something more geared towards vitamins and herbal remedies, etc.) and asking if they have it or can order it for you. You could also maybe try a larger health food store that also carries supplements (like Goodness Me in Hamilton and Burlington).

I went to the one on the NE corner of spadina and bloor. They had a pill with DIM in it but it was in a small amount, 25% or less, and it wasnt Natures Way brand. Im trying to find a pill with just DIM in it, not BIO-DIM(vit E, 25%DIM etc) the pill had like 20 mg dim in it i think, and you need 100 mg a day I think or more for males.

Then I went to all the places west or spadina along bloor, and there is alot of them. At least 5, and none of them knew what I was talking about. Theres a good vitamin place at eaton center near sports chek, im gonna go there tomorrow I think.

I will keep you updated on my progress. You two do the same as well.

Peace

ah, i see. hmm, goodness me has a location on locke street in the hammer, not too far from mac. i should be able to take the bus down..although i dont know when. i'll give them a call tomorrow and see if they'd be willing to order it for me. thanks a lot! i'll get back to this thread when i find out more.

I found Nature's Way DIM at my local health food store, which is not a chain but just a single store. So I don't know where exactly you can get it, but some stores should have it.

I wasnt able to find DIM but was able to find something similar...I3C which also contains flax ligands. Apparently DIM is a better version of I3C, but since I cant find DIM this will do for now.

It seems to be tough to find in stores in Canada. However I did go to a Pharmacy right down the street and they usually carry it but they were out of stock. However they did say that they could order me some and that they could get it there pretty fast, apparently.

Here's the info:

Smith's Pharmacy:

3463 Yonge Street. Toronto ON, M4N2N3. 416.488.2600

If you absolutely can't get it online that might be a good bet. I just ordered mine online, but I would have asked them to order me some if I couldn't.

It seems to be tough to find in stores in Canada. However I did go to a Pharmacy right down the street and they usually carry it but they were out of stock. However they did say that they could order me some and that they could get it there pretty fast, apparently.

Here's the info:

Smith's Pharmacy:

3463 Yonge Street. Toronto ON, M4N2N3. 416.488.2600

If you absolutely can't get it online that might be a good bet. I just ordered mine online, but I would have asked them to order me some if I couldn't.

I just bought it from GNC, Newmarket. The one I bought has both DIM and I3C. Look in the womans health section.

I don't have the bottle with me, but I'll look later. It's called EstroDex or something that starts with Estro! There is 50mg per capsule and the recommended dose is 2-4 capsules daily.

I called one of the two Goodness Me in hamilton, and said that they could order it from the larger store for me - the nature's way 60 capsule package. should be ready for pick up soon. pretty excited. thanks for ally our help guys.

It took the website I ordered from a week to tell me they are out of stock. Just ridiculous!

Now im ordering from another site(fingers crossed)

btw I dont think they sell DIM anywhere in toronto. I dont think anyones even heard of it, not even so called pharmacists.

I bought Dim for my daughter at the Carrot Common Dispensary in Toronto (348 Danforth, 416 466 2644). They had 3 different brands. I bought Nature's Way 60 capsules for

$26.00(?) - sorry I can't recall the names of the other two.

There is another holistic store on the Danforth close to Carrot Common that sells homeopathic remedies and supplements. I didn't check there but they might have it. Also check out Noah's, it seems to be a retailer with a wide variety of supplements. Noah's has a few locations in Toronto.

http://www.noahsnaturalfoods.ca/retailer/s...CDDB4F565E2742F

I hope this helps you in your search.