Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

Sweating while walking to work

Every weekend I have to walk about twenty minutes to work and I do not really mind it because I get exercise. My only problem is when I get to work, it looks like I havent washed my hair and it gets oily all over again. I do wash my hair though every single morning and I do two washes of shampoo. Do any of you have a solution so that my hair doesnt get all sweaty when Ive arrived from my walk to work? Is there anything I can put in my hair when I get to work? My hair looks nasty when it is all sweaty and oily blah! Recommendations for a solution to this problem would be great! : :nod:

have you tried putting some baby powder in your hair? I don't know if it is possible to do that when you get to work, but it sops up oil etc. pretty well.

it's your diet

Huh? Diet doesn't necessarily have anything to do with sweating. I guess it could if you eat a LOT of spicy foods. I sweat like a PIG and it has nothing to do with diet-it's the fact that I'm fit. (sweating cools the body and generally speaking, the more fit you are the more adept your body is at cooling itself i.e; sweating).

wash your hair with a ratio of vinegar to water i think 1:3 but i'm not quite sure. that should make it less oily

If it's just sweat, it should dry up on its own soon afterwards, so no worries. Maybe bring a fan to help keep yourself cool as well so you sweat less.

If it's oiliness, try changing shampoos and condition less often.

What do you use for your hair? List all products (shampoo, conditioner, other products) and I may be able to provide suggestions.

SUPPPP molly! I'm a dance teacher and I sweat a lot. I dance with my hair loose. Or you can twirl your hair in a couple of circles and your hair should dry out that way. No fan needed there.

SUPPPP molly! I'm a dance teacher and I sweat a lot. I dance with my hair loose. Or you can twirl your hair in a couple of circles and your hair should dry out that way. No fan needed there.

I recommend a dry shampoo or baby powder to soak up the oil. If that doesn't work, on the days you have to walk to work you could wear your hair up in a ponytail or a bun and get a wide headband to wear- that will cover up your roots where the oil is, and headbands are a really cute look right now. I think if you wore a bun and a headband, you would look very cute and put-together.

I recommend a dry shampoo or baby powder to soak up the oil. If that doesn't work, on the days you have to walk to work you could wear your hair up in a ponytail or a bun and get a wide headband to wear- that will cover up your roots where the oil is, and headbands are a really cute look right now. I think if you wore a bun and a headband, you would look very cute and put-together.

I've used Klorane Extra Gentle Dry Shampoo and I liked it. I've also used the Ojon dry shampoo. I liked that one better, but I really didn't like the smell. If you carry a big enough purse, you can bring the dry shampoo with you to work and use it in the bathroom when you get there. It will get rid of any oil and give your hair nice volume. Just don't use too much or it can leave a residue.

hey molly! i definitely think a dry shampoo will be your best bet! there are few you can buy, i know that bumble and bumble makes a good one, but I was doing some googling and i think you could make one at home that would be just as effective! here's the link :click here!

Do you keep sticking your hands in it fussing with it as you worry about how it looks? Then it's oils from your hands and your hands working the scalp oils out.

Put it up in a pony tail or barrettes and don't touch it.

Do you keep sticking your hands in it fussing with it as you worry about how it looks? Then it's oils from your hands and your hands working the scalp oils out.

Put it up in a pony tail or barrettes and don't touch it.

maybe putting your hair in a ponytail while you walk to work?

for me my bangs get oily if i run during track practice, so when i pim em back they normally dont get nasty

maybe putting your hair in a ponytail while you walk to work?

for me my bangs get oily if i run during track practice, so when i pim em back they normally dont get nasty

That sounds like a fun job! :) Im not quite clear what you mean by twirling my hair in a couple of circles.