Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I remember my grandmother's sister was married to a guy with lots of scars. but I didn't see any acne.. maybe those scars were from the past

I remember my grandmother's sister was married to a guy with lots of scars. but I didn't see any acne.. maybe those scars were from the past

My acne is horrible, and my boyfriend told me he wants to get married :) Does that count? lol

I'm getting married next month, and the hubby met me in High School, when my acne was DEFINATELY on the moderate to severe side!

I've known tons of people who have pretty bad acne who get married all the time. To me they look beautiful no matter what,

frankly if you're picking a mate by appearance....you're pretty damn shallow and the marriage won't last long.

THE HORROR!!! PEOPLE GET OLD! THEY GET GREY HAIR! THEY PUT ON WEIGHT! THEY START TO SAG!

and yet we still have GRANDPARENTS who love each other (well most of us do or did)

so seriously, ask yourself how stupid that question is. Does appearance have much to do with marraige?

initial attraction maybe but nobody gets engaged on the first date, if you're in a relationship people are not seeing the acne as the only thing keeping them with you.

I am very scarred, yet I'm married to a handsome, kind, wonderful man. When we met I had those scars. People have found me attractive over the years regardless of those scars and part of it might be my confidence; I've got lots.

So. Get over your appearance, and be proud of whatever else it is that makes you you.

When hubby and I got married I was clear of active acne, but had scarring. It's amazing what a makeup artist can do and hubby loves me no matter what :snooty:

Oh! and I was a gorgeous bride :whistle:

I've known tons of people who have pretty bad acne who get married all the time. To me they look beautiful no matter what,

frankly if you're picking a mate by appearance....you're pretty damn shallow and the marriage won't last long.

THE HORROR!!! PEOPLE GET OLD! THEY GET GREY HAIR! THEY PUT ON WEIGHT! THEY START TO SAG!

and yet we still have GRANDPARENTS who love each other (well most of us do or did)

so seriously, ask yourself how stupid that question is. Does appearance have much to do with marraige?

initial attraction maybe but nobody gets engaged on the first date, if you're in a relationship people are not seeing the acne as the only thing keeping them with you.

Yeah, me... But, I had seven tons of makeup on. You couldn't see it in the pictures.

I'm getting married and I have moderate acne still at 32 (although it's slowly getting better with spiro) and light scarring. I was friends with my fiance in high school when I was 14 and had severe acne. He tells me every day how much he thinks I'm beautiful and that my skin doesn't matter in the least to him. I'm truly a luck woman.

I am engaged to be married this autumn and still occasionally get breakouts every now and then. When i proposed to my fiance we both sat down and told each other everything that made us feel insecure or nervous so that there would be no secrets from either or us when we finally get married. I was very anxious about raising the subject of my skin with her, but when i was half way through telling her i sometimes get hung up about my skin, she told me to close my eyes and kissed me softly on the lips, afterwards saying that no matter how i look, she loves me to the depths of her heart and nothing will change that. I love her a lot. :wub:

I am engaged to be married this autumn and still occasionally get breakouts every now and then. When i proposed to my fiance we both sat down and told each other everything that made us feel insecure or nervous so that there would be no secrets from either or us when we finally get married. I was very anxious about raising the subject of my skin with her, but when i was half way through telling her i sometimes get hung up about my skin, she told me to close my eyes and kissed me softly on the lips, afterwards saying that no matter how i look, she loves me to the depths of her heart and nothing will change that. I love her a lot. :wub: