Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I started swimming to lose weight about 1 mo. ago, and started Accutane yesterday. Is it safe to keep swimming while I'm on it(forgot to ask the doc)? Has anyone been burned by the chlorine from swimming while on Accutane?

I took my first dose last night and this morning the acne I had was considerable reduced. Is that normal? From what I've heard most people get considerably worse, not better. I'm excited that its worked so quickly, I'm just curious if its a normal reaction?

Also would you recommend starting moisturizers before the dryness starts, or wait?

I asked my Dr. about this and she said it was fine, we had a swim unit in gym and it didn't bother me at all.

As for getting better most people including myself got worse then better, I didn't get a really bad IB but it was noticeable. And start using moisturizers now even if you don't need it it's good to get into a routine of using them, I've been using Cetaphil and it works wonders compared to the other one I was using when I first started.

you might need to moisturize when you finish swimming though, chlorine tends to dry skin out. perhaps thats why you noticed your skin clearing ?

you might need to moisturize when you finish swimming though, chlorine tends to dry skin out. perhaps thats why you noticed your skin clearing ?

perhaps chlorine aggravates you acne? i have heard it is an irritant and strong, but we wouldn't have this problem if people didnt wee in swimming pools hahaha :)