Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

There is a mall right next to my university. The mall's parking lot can be used for students whom go to that school; and what we do is just park there and take the shuttle to the school. Sometimes when I get on the shuttle; or just riding the shuttle to school in that natural lighting. I wonder if people can see through my makeup. After all there must be a reason....since they are staring so much!!!!

Are they staring at my skin??

I get scared when people stare at me......I always wonder if it's my face? or just because they have nothing else to stare at..

My parents try to tell me they stare because I'm adorable...heheh

BUT STILLL .....do you guys ever get stared at? And when you do how do you deal with it?

....AND AND!! heheh Don't you ever feel like you should just flip them off???

^_^

I went on vacation to Germany and you wouldn't believe how much people stare there because I was American.

So there is something that separates you from those that stare at you. In your case it's probably because they want to get freaky naughty with you.

I went on vacation to Germany and you wouldn't believe how much people stare there because I was American.

So there is something that separates you from those that stare at you. In your case it's probably because they want to get freaky naughty with you.

My mom said once, "Oh they stare 'cause you're beautiful", yeah, uh huh :rolleyes:

I get kinda paranoid, I hate when people stare, I keep wondering like what's wrong

with me, what are they staring at?! And one time I was brave enough to take the

advice that you should just look right back at the person, so I did, but he didn't look

away!! Ugh, that was bad.

Whenever that happens to me, I sometimes feel a bit insecure on the inside, but I've gotten used to this routine of having a "blank mind" when going out; that is, a "blank mind" on how my face looks with acne. I've gotten so used to this that when I'm out with my friends or going somewhere, I kind of make myself forget that I have acne (the only times that I get obsessive or reminded that I suffer from acne is when I'm alone in my room, ready to apply medications in front of the mirror).

It's difficult when your skin isn't at its peak, but try enjoying the attention that you get when you're out in public. Plus, you know most people don't stare at someone who has a problem. Like, if you ever think about it, if someone had a major burn on their face or was walking around with a urine tank, people kind of avoid looking at them (they're afraid to "offend" them by looking).

So, if people really could notice that your skin was bad, they wouldn't be staring. They'd be avoiding looking at you. So, that's another positive way to think about it.

Enjoy their line of vision! It means you're attracting attention. :D

Yes! I hate this so much. I wish people would just understand what we go through every single day. It's horrible. I never know if they think I'm cute or if they are staring at my new zits that I got that day. I just want the staring to end!

um. for one, people dont stare because you are "american". People stare because you show you are american by acting that way. We dont look at you and instantly say "oh he is american". We can only tell if you act a certain way, dress a certain way, or talk with an accent. Americans always think we will pick you out of the crowd right away, so they dont even try. They bring their phany packs around their waste and think that makes them safe. Its so funny in my opinion. If you want to be safe in europe, dont wear a bag around your waste with all your valuables!

And secondly, you are probably right.

um. for one, people dont stare because you are "american". People stare because you show you are american by acting that way. We dont look at you and instantly say "oh he is american". We can only tell if you act a certain way, dress a certain way, or talk with an accent. Americans always think we will pick you out of the crowd right away, so they dont even try. They bring their phany packs around their waste and think that makes them safe. Its so funny in my opinion. If you want to be safe in europe, dont wear a bag around your waste with all your valuables!

i'm trying to learn to ignore the stares. plus, who cares if they stare? what will that do if they look? stare back at them. i do that sometimes, like "yeh, what" kind of look. and you know, you won't ever see most of those people ever again.

we're all in this together!

i'm trying to learn to ignore the stares. plus, who cares if they stare? what will that do if they look? stare back at them. i do that sometimes, like "yeh, what" kind of look. and you know, you won't ever see most of those people ever again.

we're all in this together!

um your acne isnt bad..

so im thinking theyre not staring at your acne

stop being so self conscious.

actually four years ago..it was horrific...and then i went on accutane and it helped..but just having that experience will and most definitely make you self conscious. If it's not the acne..it's the scars..if it's not the scarring it's the oil that makes your makeup uneven.....it's an endless cycle....

my acne is actually coming back..and it's actually getting worse..and the fear and the self conscious issues kicks back in......it's human nature..so actually i can't STOP! can you?

um your acne isnt bad..

actually four years ago..it was horrific...and then i went on accutane and it helped..but just having that experience will and most definitely make you self conscious. If it's not the acne..it's the scars..if it's not the scarring it's the oil that makes your makeup uneven.....it's an endless cycle....

my acne is actually coming back..and it's actually getting worse..and the fear and the self conscious issues kicks back in......it's human nature..so actually i can't STOP! can you?

um your acne isnt bad..

yeah but girl youre so cute. peeople have probly seen it so much worse. so stop worrying. take a deep breath and just smile!

Well they stare at me because I'm a freak.

I don't really mind it to much.

If it bothers you try bringing a stress ball along when you go out and when you feel someone staring throw the ball at their face.

hehe... ^_^

There was a thread like this last year I believe. The part that gets me is that, they stare at your face and then they pull out a mirror or look into a glass as to see if they have acne to. Like, um, hello, if you can't tell your face is breaking out, then don't stare at mine and use my skin as a means to gauge yourself on. :hand:

I wonder if my acne is that bad when I'm at a store and they keep looking past me or the other way when I'm purchasing an item.

I was on the train yesterday and there was a beautiful girl, she had great eyes. Her acne was very extreme, she tried using make up to cover but it didn't work that well. Anyways, a stranger randomly stares at her and then goes you look tired. I guess he was staring at her acne and they met eyes and he had to blurt something out or it would be awkward.

Well they stare at me because I'm a freak.

I don't really mind it to much.

If it bothers you try bringing a stress ball along when you go out and when you feel someone staring throw the ball at their face.

hehe... ^_^