Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brulia

Good Foundation?

What is a good foundation to use for redmarks and icepick type scars? Not for active acne. I'm currently using Covergirl whipped foundation. I don't think it covers well enough. I was something that is going to cover at least the redmarks. I have VERY light skin as well so it needs to work around that too. What about green foundation underneath? Help!

I use Double wear from Estee Lauder, it's awesome, very easy to wash off and covers well, It won't make you break out like other foundations!!!!

This is the only one that worked for me!!!!

I use Double wear from Estee Lauder, it's awesome, very easy to wash off and covers well, It won't make you break out like other foundations!!!!

This is the only one that worked for me!!!!

Weird, I was about to come and recommend the same thing. :D

However, I wouldn't go for foundation to cover my imperfections. It will look to 'masky'. I would say you had better use a concealer instead.

Weird, I was about to come and recommend the same thing. :D

However, I wouldn't go for foundation to cover my imperfections. It will look to 'masky'. I would say you had better use a concealer instead.

So, would it be better to cover red marks with just concealer by itself, or do you need foundation on top of the concealer? I'm a guy, so I don't want nobody to know that I'm wearing make up...

Use a good concealer that comes in a pot/pan that you need to apply with a brush. With this kind of concealer you need to get the hang of it first, practice makes perfect.

I have loads of dark/red marks on my cheeks from previous acne and I use Laura Mercier's secret camouflage over my sunscreen and then touch up with my Anna Sui loose powder and I'm set, NO ONE can tell that I have red marks or am wearing makeup. They just think that I have nice even skin. The trick is to use a sunscreen that doesn't leave any noticeable white trace on your skin. I recommend Japanese brands, they have very very very good fluid sunscreens that go on dry and don't leave any residue/cast look. The one I'm using now is Shiseido Anessa smooth sunscreen SPF50 PA+++

Then use a concealer that exactly matches your skin color. Same thing goes for powder, use one that matches your skin exactly or else look for a translucent powder.

If you have any more questions, I am happy to help out!

I use Bare Minerals and it covers everything! If I use any mosturizer before that it looks heavy thou. But If I wash my face and then try to put it on, it doesn't really work. Your skin shouldn't be too oily or too dry when u put it on. I really love it because I used a lot of stuff and nothing worked. Before that I liked Cargo foundation that was advised to me by one of their workers. It's light but it give a pretty good coverege. U tap it on with your finger tips.

I think foundation can cover just as good as concealer. What the heck is the difference really? Makeup is makeup to me. The brands are what make the difference. I ended up getting Revlon. I couldn't find Estee Lauder anywhere and didn't want to pay a fortune. I tried the mineral makeup thing. I did not think it worked that well. I didn't feel that it covered anything. So I'm going to try this and see how it works.

I think foundation can cover just as good as concealer. What the heck is the difference really? Makeup is makeup to me. The brands are what make the difference. I ended up getting Revlon. I couldn't find Estee Lauder anywhere and didn't want to pay a fortune. I tried the mineral makeup thing. I did not think it worked that well. I didn't feel that it covered anything. So I'm going to try this and see how it works.

I tried Revlon Colorstay today. I didn't really like it. So I'm back to square one. My town doesn't have a Macy's. I don't want to order makeup online. I'll pass. I want something now. I'll just keep looking. Thanks for the advice.

a lot of people have said good things about physician's formula too. you could try that. i know maybelline just came out with a liquid mineral foundation too, although i'm not sure how good it is. good luck!

I tried Revlon Colorstay today. I didn't really like it. So I'm back to square one. My town doesn't have a Macy's. I don't want to order makeup online. I'll pass. I want something now. I'll just keep looking. Thanks for the advice.

a lot of people have said good things about physician's formula too. you could try that. i know maybelline just came out with a liquid mineral foundation too, although i'm not sure how good it is. good luck!