Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SPGator

I go to the doctor in 2 weeks, what to expect? Bad acne

Cliff Notes:

I'm 20. I have crappy acne and bad scarring. Have had it for years. I went to this person around November of last year and they told me that laser treatment and a prescription (accutane/b5???) may be the only way to cure my problems.

Longer, extended/bored as hell version:

I'll take pictures later. I used to not be bothered by acne, but with my short temper, i've had enough of this s**t to last anyone a lifetime. When people talk about trying everything, I have. Nothing has worked. Nothing. It's only slowed it down.

Benzyl Peroxide is not for me by the way. Ouch, worst thing was putting anything with that in it on my face.

But back to the script. I am hoping to go to my regular doctor and get him to write this off so my insurance company can cover it. I really don't feel like being put on a payment plan for the next 40 years to pay this off.

If I was to guess, from talking to them, they are going to:

Remove the scarring

Give me some topical cream to use throughout the day

And b5 or Accutane as well

Let me say this, i'm fed up. I'm at the end of my damned rope. I don't know if it's humanly possible, unless I spend $50,000, to get rid of this acne. "Extreme Makeovers" would have trouble getting this back to normal. When I take pics, you will see.

Someone give me something to look forward to. My life has been consistent with me getting my hopes up for something and vanished in a god damned heart beat. Hopefully, you experienced folks can give me something to look forward to other then a boring lecture from the doctor telling me I'm f**ked for life.

I don't know what quite to say other than to keep positive. I'm sure you've tried a lot of o.t.c. meds but the doc. will give you something that works. Everyone's different, something might work for me but not work for you. You'll find something that works for you, no doubt. Keep positive and post the pic so we can see how severe your acne/scarring is. Remember to never give up biggrin.gif

SP GATOR do not worry its all going to be fine especially if they give you accutane.. once you take accutane in 2 months it will all dissapear and youll think "WHAT THE hell!??" but dont go out in the sun to much as your skin is generally more weaker.. the only bad thing is after your acne is cured, they take you off accutane, then it comes back but it WILL NEVER COME BACK like it did before, youll only get breaks here, clear for a week, breaks here..

but accutane will destroy the bastards once and for all. Im like you I get so mad and angry but finnaly after 4 years of suffering accutane cured me, 4 years after accutane I still get acne, recently it has gotten a tad worser, im thinking of going on it again.

This is what usually happens on accutane

1 month before accutane - VERY BAD ACNE

1 month on accutane - Burning skin, acne decreases, depression

2 month on accutane - Start feeling good, face starts lookin good you find yourself being very cheerfull and talkative.

4 month on accutane - Absolutely NOTHING you feel very positive (I picked up so many girls after my 4th month)

2 months after using accutane - Small but manageable breaks.

1 year after accutane - starts comin back a bit, girls start dissapearing again.

This is what usually happens on accutane

1 month before accutane        - VERY BAD ACNE

1 month on accutane              - Burning skin, acne decreases, depression

2 month on accutane              - Start feeling good, face starts lookin good you find yourself being very cheerfull and talkative.

4 month on accutane              - Absolutely NOTHING you feel very positive (I picked up so many girls after my 4th month) 

2 months after using accutane - Small but manageable breaks.

1 year after accutane              - starts comin back a bit, girls start dissapearing again.

I know, I got some black market pills as well, I used it 3 months more then I should have.. just helped me be without acne for longer..

It will piss you off though after you go off accutane, youll get like 1 pimple that will give you hell, you get rid of it, then youll get 1 pimple somewhere else, it wil lnever be like it was before, but acne will not be totally gone from your life, I believe it never can. its a lifelong battle.

The highest dose of non-prescription B5 is called "B5 ClearSkin". B5 reduces oil production if taken in high doses, and in this product you only have to take 3 teaspoons a day...

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8...clearskin&meta=

And the product that cleared up my skin was Paula Begoun's "Remarkable skin lightening lotion" with AHA (not the BHA one). I use it everynight and it doesn't matter if I don't change my pillow case or anything... it keeps me clear night after night. I couldn't beleive it.

I hope that helps. It's cheap too.

well, I was on Accutane for a few months and cleared up my really bad acne after a few weeks to a month. I was clear for about two years and started breaking out again but not even a 10th as bad. I received laser treatments for my dented scarring and my sking plumped up. You have monthly sessions and they do hurt a bit but they are worth it. You have six sessions more or less and then just every 4 to 6 months to maintain. I don't know if it's the same laser you'll go through though. This was cool touch treatment. I have faith in lasers and hopefully you will have good results. Keep us posted