Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zitophobe

Vitamin E linked to lung cancer

And while neither vitamin C or folic acid use had any effect on lung cancer risk, vitamin E use did.

Maybe because vit E is fat-soluble and people dont eat enough fats with the vit E sup...

Stupid study, consumption of fat and many other variables arent taken in account...

Maybe because vit E is fat-soluble and people dont eat enough fats with the vit E sup...

Stupid study, consumption of fat and many other variables arent taken in account...

The problem with that "explanation" is that it doesn't explain why there would be an INCREASE in lung cancer among vitamin E users! If it wasn't being absorbed, we would expect there to be no changes at all in the incidence in lung cancer.

BTW, Veen, your avatar still drives me crazy! ;)

Personally I don't have trouble believing this.

Just because something is an antioxidant doesn't mean it'll protect you from cancer. Far from it. =/

There is a similar case with beta-carotane overdose overtime, except I've read it's exclusive to smokers.

I too, don't have any trouble believing this. Considering the highest amount of vitamin E found in nature is in sunflower seeds (~18mg per 1/4cup), 400mg is quite a lot.

"But the US researchers speculate that, in high doses, it may also act as a pro-oxidant - causing oxidation and therefore damage to cells."

OMG

So I have been taking 400 I.U. Vitamin E one capsule daily. I don't know what 400 I.U. and the difference with mg is but is that a lot?

Cheers