Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aimee_lou_uk

Accutane/isotretanoin/roaccutane users... DEBATE

I'm stopping reading anymore on that site because it has scared me senseless

How true do people think it is?

And if it was true, then how could it pass its clinical trials? :doh:

I read part of it.....then stopped. It's frightening! But on the other hand, I don't believe it's as serious as the writing makes it out to be. That's my opinion because I've seen so many commenters and bloggers here who have completed treatment and who are even beginning their 2nd or 3rd round of treatment, who haven't reported any brain-type problems :cool:

I read part of it.....then stopped. It's frightening! But on the other hand, I don't believe it's as serious as the writing makes it out to be. That's my opinion because I've seen so many commenters and bloggers here who have completed treatment and who are even beginning their 2nd or 3rd round of treatment, who haven't reported any brain-type problems :cool:

I'm glad you posted this since many of us are worried about what could happen to us during Tane and even after. Well I looked at the actuall report (http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/content/full/162/5/983) rather than the guys post on that other forum which seemed kind of one-sided to me and learned more interesting facts. The picture thats they posted on that forum should've included this in it since it is the effects of just ONE person.

"There was a visible decrease in metabolism in the orbitofrontal cortex following isotretinoin administration in this patient. This patient suffered from headache, was noted by her family and clinician to have disturbed behavior, and dropped out of school. She did not, however, have a clinically significant increase in depression as measured by the Hamilton depression scale."

Secondly, the tests for the glucose metabolic rate (Which is what showed the change in brain activity) was done four months post-accutane and correct me if I'm wrong but our bodily functions usually go back to normal 6 months after accutane so why wasn't the test done then? And it doesn't seem like the subjects were given more tests on this same matter lets say a year post-accutane. I don't think this study was done accordingly so try not to stress it...

im sure roche and any major companies associated would of already known this if it was true, thats why i think its fake, because it would be blown all over the media, so i think its garbage, and i belive wat Lost12 said aswell. about the 6month thing

im sure roche and any major companies associated would of already known this if it was true, thats why i think its fake, because it would be blown all over the media, so i think its garbage, and i belive wat Lost12 said aswell. about the 6month thing

I'd be a little wary of this. Only 28 out of the initial 88 people finished the whole study, which may or may not have skewed the results. I wouldn't trust much research that studied this small amount of people. There aren't any concrete results in this article. The article said that

"To our knowledge, this is the first study of the effects of isotretinoin on human brain functioning" and that their results "suggest a link" which really means nothing.

I'd be a little wary of this. Only 28 out of the initial 88 people finished the whole study, which may or may not have skewed the results. I wouldn't trust much research that studied this small amount of people. There aren't any concrete results in this article. The article said that

"To our knowledge, this is the first study of the effects of isotretinoin on human brain functioning" and that their results "suggest a link" which really means nothing.