Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pascottish

moisturisers for acne, do i need to use it?

quick question, i have bad acne, my face is norm dry in the morning due to medication etc... is there any good moisturisers that would not clog up my pores?? if so i need some advice.

i live in uk, so if anyone has any examples over there that would be good, but if you are from anywhere elso can you tell me what kind of moisturisers i should be looking for in a shop and what kind of description or properties in the moisturiser. i.e. whether they should be oil free or gentle, as i do not know very much about cosmetics Lol

thank you

p

quick question, i have bad acne, my face is norm dry in the morning due to medication etc... is there any good moisturisers that would not clog up my pores?? if so i need some advice.

i live in uk, so if anyone has any examples over there that would be good, but if you are from anywhere elso can you tell me what kind of moisturisers i should be looking for in a shop and what kind of description or properties in the moisturiser. i.e. whether they should be oil free or gentle, as i do not know very much about cosmetics Lol

thank you

p

If your skin can tolerate silicones, then look for moisturizing gels and serums. Of course, if your skin isn't oily AND dry, then you can probably go for a slightly heavier moisturizer without inviting too much trouble. Some people look up a list of pore-clogging ingredients on the internet and take it with them to the store, comparing it to ingredient lists to know which to avoid. This can help you out, although what clogs one person's pores may not clog another's and vice versa. A lot of "acne moisturizers" contain drying or irritating ingredients like alcohol, menthol, etc. Try to avoid anything that mentions "tingling" as a good thing. :)