Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spud2007

Pros and Cons DKR?

Pros: Affordable effective products. Clearer skin. Increased confidence.

Cons: Some irritation and dryness possible (common with most topical acne meds). May not work for everybody, but worth a try. :)

Pros and cons of the DKR products and regimen?

Pros - Illusion of progress, psychological comfort, a chance of destroying p.acne bacteria temporarily.

Cons- dry skin, oily skin, clogged skin regardless of non-comedogenic label, pimples, slow skin healing, dependence, future blackheads.

Recommended? No. Not from me.

Starfish13!!!! I am with you!!! I've been on the regimen for a month already, actually today is a month!!! and my skin is almost clear, I just have 3 red marks from old pimples!

Boss maybe you gave up too soon! this regimen even helps red marks and makes your skin very smooth!! Knock on Wood!! this is working for me and I am happy with it!!!

Pros: Gets rid of inflamed acne. Worked brilliantly for me. Effective in this regard.

Cons: Doesnt get rid of non-inflamed acne, i still have tiny bumps and clogged pores, but no big zits or red spots at least. Some people say their face gets red and irritated, but for people with tougher skin, its not really an issue. I dont even use moisturizer and my skin is fine.

Its just another regimen, works for some people, for others it doesnt. It worked for me, felt amazing to hear "wow, your face is really clearing up" from my friends.

Pros: clears up non-hormonal acne, easy to do, results are seen within a few months

Cons: does nothing for those suffering from hormonal acne, does not get to the root of the problem (i.e. diet, hormones)

Pros: clears up non-hormonal acne, easy to do, results are seen within a few months

Cons: does nothing for those suffering from hormonal acne, does not get to the root of the problem (i.e. diet, hormones)

Idk what you mean by hormonal but I'm 18 and have had acne for like 5 years and this is working right now (About 6 weeks in). Also what's with the pessimism boss, just 'cause you're so angry and frustrated doesn't mean you have to bring everybody else down with you.

Pros- it works, not expensive.

Cons- some irritation might occur, can dry out your skin a bit (but if you use a decent moisturiser, everything's alright), BP bleaches fabrics (and hair!!)

Summary: If you want to take control over your acne, it's worth a try.

Idk what you mean by hormonal but I'm 18 and have had acne for like 5 years and this is working right now (About 6 weeks in). Also what's with the pessimism boss, just 'cause you're so angry and frustrated doesn't mean you have to bring everybody else down with you.

everyone has already said it, it works really well, you may experience some drying initially, but that will go away. I suggest buying some organic jojoba oil to battle flakiness if you have dry skin. Give it a shot, and stick with it. It may take some time to see results, but if you stick with it I'm almost positive it will work. Good luck.

i think the problem people have with it is not that it doesn't work..its that your skin becomes dependent on it and once you stop it comes back..

thats just from what I hear..ive been on it for 12 weeks and havent stopped yet..but i hope tha when I do it doesnt come back..cuz then what was the point >_>

:clap:

I love this site, the education on skincare and the encouragement from the boards are wonderful. I used my left over Proactiv stuff until my Acne.org products came. I love the ease and simplicity of the routine and seen dramatic results in only a week. I also appreciate the photos that everyone shares here, it helps put life in perspective and know that I am not alone.

The biggest Pro is that someone finally explained to me why you shouldn't pick your blackheads and you don't need to strenuously scrub your skin. Isn't that ridiculous? For almost 20 years I have heard that you shouldn't pick your face, but no one ever explained why!!! And I have iritated my skin to the point of bleeding and crusting by scrubbing. Not even a handful of dermatologists or an aesthetitian that microdermabrased my face with disastrous results. I've paid a fortune for that stuff and this site told me in one day what has helped heal me up the most.

And I love the DKR moisturizer and the gel formulation of the BP.

I haven't found any Cons yet, the light flaking is nothing in comparison to what I have already been through. I just can't wait to share this info!

I just don't like the moisturizer because it leaves your face feeling and looking greasy. But that's about it.

I personally like the moisturizer, but I use mineral makeup over it, so I don't get the shine. I imagine you wouldn't be using mineral makep, :-) That is a bonus for women.