Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
robneedsclearskin

Poll, when did your adult acne stop or not

I just want to have an idea how bad is it for some of the folks on this forum. I'm quite depress that it's not going away anytime soon, even at my age. I'm not sure if race has different factor. I'm Asian and I sure rarely come across any other Asian men who has this problem like me. I just know this is hereditery, which I got from my dad, I can't imagine this will occur onto my 40s.

1. How old are you? I'm 35, 36 very soon

2. When did your adult acne stop or does it still persist? still persist

3. What kind of acne do you have? cyst, quite embarrassingly big sometimes

4. Any solution tried? was on accutane twice, and just recently taking a break from septra due to the length of time I've already been taken it, but acne just came back literally in less than a week

I just want to have an idea how bad is it for some of the folks on this forum. I'm quite depress that it's not going away anytime soon, even at my age. I'm not sure if race has different factor. I'm Asian and I sure rarely come across any other Asian men who has this problem like me. I just know this is hereditery, which I got from my dad, I can't imagine this will occur onto my 40s.

4. Any solution tried? was on accutane twice, and just recently taking a break from septra due to the length of time I've already been taken it, but acne just came back literally in less than a week

1. How old are you? I'm 21.

2. When did your adult acne stop or does it still persist? It still persists, but it is definitely better than what it was!

3. What kind of acne do you have? I get cysts on occasion, also whiteheads and lots of blackheads

4. Any solution tried? I've tried just about everything! I was on Accutane when I was 16. Right now I am using the OCM and Tretonin and I am having very good results. I have just one active zit right now, a small cyst on my chin.

bran88, you're right about everybody else having roughly the same problem. I'm just trying to find out if there's anybody out there around my age still struggling with similar acne issue as me. Of all the traits to inherit from my dad. guess I'll have to wait it out like everybody

I am 36. I never had acne as a teenager. It started for me when I was 20.

I still have skin issues, but I'm clear right now. I started to wean myself off my topicals just to see what would happen. I successfully cut back by half, but when I tried to cut back more I broke out again. Damn!

I have moderate acne. Whiteheads and blackheads.

I have been on minocycline, tetracycline, Differin and every single over the counter product I could purchase, ProActive being the worst one. Right now I am on a modified DKR Regimen and it has kept me fairly clear for about 3 years now.

I'm 42. My skin cleared 2 years ago from diet and supplements as described in my sig.

Before that, I'd been prescribed just about everything from dozens of antibiotics to accutane. All of which I quit bothering with around the age of 25 when I discovered the worst of my cystic acne was an allergic reaction to citrus. And when I told any derm that, they either shrugged or denied there was any connection.

I've seen one derm since when I developed rosacea and that would be the only derm that ever prescribed anything that helped. Although Aloe vera works just as well as the prescription.

I still have skin issues, but I'm clear right now. I started to wean myself off my topicals just to see what would happen. I successfully cut back by half, but when I tried to cut back more I broke out again. Damn!

I have been on minocycline, tetracycline, Differin and every single over the counter product I could purchase, ProActive being the worst one. Right now I am on a modified DKR Regimen and it has kept me fairly clear for about 3 years now.

I'm 42. My skin cleared 2 years ago from diet and supplements as described in my sig.

Before that, I'd been prescribed just about everything from dozens of antibiotics to accutane. All of which I quit bothering with around the age of 25 when I discovered the worst of my cystic acne was an allergic reaction to citrus. And when I told any derm that, they either shrugged or denied there was any connection.

I've seen one derm since when I developed rosecea and that would be the only derm that ever prescribed anything that helped. Although Aloe vera works just as well as the prescription.

Here's knockin on wood, I will be free from acne by 40. I had several allergy test. I do have a very slight reaction to peanuts, otherwise allergy free. Stress/anxiety do cause more breakout for me, if you count that as an allergic reaction.

That would be the greatest birthday present ever! To be clear by 40. Not worrying if my skin is to dry or to oily or if I'm using to many topicals or to little? Yep, that would be the best birthday ever!

That would be the greatest birthday present ever! To be clear by 40. Not worrying if my skin is to dry or to oily or if I'm using to many topicals or to little? Yep, that would be the best birthday ever!

Stress can do a lot of bad things to your body. I sometimes get obsessive about analyzing my face, making myself crazy over every single mark. I am ALWAYS reminding myself to take a breath and relax.

Yes 4 years is a long time to wait, but maybe it won't take that long for you. Who knows, maybe your best regimen ever is the one you are on now, or the next one you try? Soon you just might be starting a thread about your new regimen and how it works wonders! :D

1. How old are you? I'm 24.

2. When did your adult acne stop or does it still persist? Hasn't stopped completely sometimes very bad breakouts still. sometimes think im clear them baam.

3. What kind of acne do you have? whiteheads , blackheads and lots of imflammed red things that make my scars look worse

4. Any solution tried? accutane , antibiotics, change of diet and lots of physical exercise,

blah blah blah

Stress can do a lot of bad things to your body. I sometimes get obsessive about analyzing my face, making myself crazy over every single mark. I am ALWAYS reminding myself to take a breath and relax.

Yes 4 years is a long time to wait, but maybe it won't take that long for you. Who knows, maybe your best regimen ever is the one you are on now, or the next one you try? Soon you just might be starting a thread about your new regimen and how it works wonders! :D

the acne isn't coming in full force like it used to in my early 20s-mid 30s and I've notice it' slowing down. the cyst aren't any smaller, just less of them. I have to take myself of the meds, just because I've been taking accutane, minocyline, tetracyline, septra since my mid 20s. It's literally over a decade of hard meds. I'm only using a topical right now.

1. How old are you? I'm 31

2. When did your adult acne stop or does it still persist? it is significantly reduced almost to nothing

3. What kind of acne do you have? cystic

4. Any solution tried? most medications and some facial peels. I am so glad I refused accutane.

I once went to a dermatologist who told me that at my age my acne could be a result of excess hormones and he was correct. A few years later, I changed my primary care and was really sick with other things that turned out to be diabetes. It turns out that my body couldn't process sugars and was turning into hormones which caused my painful outbreaks of acne. My skin is clearer and I feel so much better.

1. How old are you? I'm 31

2. When did your adult acne stop or does it still persist? it is significantly reduced almost to nothing

3. What kind of acne do you have? cystic

4. Any solution tried? most medications and some facial peels. I am so glad I refused accutane.

I once went to a dermatologist who told me that at my age my acne could be a result of excess hormones and he was correct. A few years later, I changed my primary care and was really sick with other things that turned out to be diabetes. It turns out that my body couldn't process sugars and was turning into hormones which caused my painful outbreaks of acne. My skin is clearer and I feel so much better.

1. How old are you? 30

2. When did your adult acne stop or does it still persist? still persists

3. What kind of acne do you have? cystic without medication

4. Any solution tried? Oh my, yes. Everything OTC you can name, infomercial crap, and prescribed creams, antibiotics, and gels. My last step is Accutane. Took my first pregnancy test and blood work today.

1. How old are you? 21

2. When did your adult acne stop or does it still persist? persists had it since i was 14

3. What kind of acne do you have? moderate, postules, blackheads, whiteheads, occasional cysts.

4. Any solution tried? neutrogena oil free acne wash, proactiv, accutane, differin, antibiotics, murad acne complex, tons of facials!, etc... recently changing my diet and starting to exercise.

I am 23 and I have been on Accutane three times with two full course times and one "burst" accutane cycle....to no avail!!!!!!!!! I use BP, exfoliation products and peels which actually seem to help...although I have yet to find a moisturiser that controls oil and hydrates my skin without breaking out?!?!

Anyways...I am considering going back on accutane burst cycle for six months again because my response to accutane is absolutely brilliant, my skin clears up completely to the point that you would never know that I have a complex about it, skin is never oily never dry and the black heads on my nose are a figment of my imagination!!!!!!

The other thing is that my dad and my mom never or dont suffer from acne, neither does anybody I know in my family, however it seems my youngest brother (three of us)(I am the oldest) seems to also suffer from acne but not as bad as mine was when I was his age...maybe it is a hormonal problem?? How do I get that tested? All I can say is that acne controls my life and has affected my social life...I am by no means a fugly looking guy but when you as old as I am and you have these red things on your face that makes you look like a teenager, you just feel like that girl you like is better off with the dude with no acne problems :redface: I ask "why me?" all the time :boohoo:

I am 23 and I have been on Accutane three times with two full course times and one "burst" accutane cycle....to no avail!!!!!!!!! I use BP, exfoliation products and peels which actually seem to help...although I have yet to find a moisturiser that controls oil and hydrates my skin without breaking out?!?!

Anyways...I am considering going back on accutane burst cycle for six months again because my response to accutane is absolutely brilliant, my skin clears up completely to the point that you would never know that I have a complex about it, skin is never oily never dry and the black heads on my nose are a figment of my imagination!!!!!!

The other thing is that my dad and my mom never or dont suffer from acne, neither does anybody I know in my family, however it seems my youngest brother (three of us)(I am the oldest) seems to also suffer from acne but not as bad as mine was when I was his age...maybe it is a hormonal problem?? How do I get that tested? All I can say is that acne controls my life and has affected my social life...I am by no means a fugly looking guy but when you as old as I am and you have these red things on your face that makes you look like a teenager, you just feel like that girl you like is better off with the dude with no acne problems :redface: I ask "why me?" all the time :boohoo:

1. How old are you? 21

2. When did your adult acne stop or does it still persist? Still persist , had acne since 15-16 i always be getting 1-3 acne on my face when i break out.. =/ , My dad had bad acne my mom said when she meet em he didn't have acne.. so that was at age 24-26... hopefully it stops at that age for me ^^ but he still gets body acne sometime ;( and yes i do have back acne etc. >:(

3. What kind of acne do you have? lol not sure but is acne! :) all i know is red.. ;/ and it hurts when i touch it.. but of course i never touch it. :) could be worst

4. Any solution tried? Proactiv solution and stil using that ;) makes my forehead oily but I now put a tiny bit i was putting it way to much i guess!!!! I do notice this cream makes my acne disappear so fast ;X but the red mark takes long to go away.. =\