Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kawaisou

Accutane & Make up

As the title suggest, can you wear make up while on accutane? Or is that not only a dumb move but also can't be done? Any advice is much helpful.

- Kawaisou

Yes, you can wear makeup. It is just fine! You will probably need to moisturize before applying foundation, because your skin might be very dry.

Yes, you can wear makeup. It is just fine! You will probably need to moisturize before applying foundation, because your skin might be very dry.

kawaisou! don't feel sorry for yourself with that name. my mom used to look at me and say "nikibi ga ippai deteite kawaisoune" ugh i hated it

anyway i do wear makeup after i put on moisturizer but its still never enough to cover my redmarks. kawaisou! lol

When i was on accutane a few years back..I wore makeup because i never wanted to leave the house w/o it! but i made sure i moisturize like mad before i slap anything on..I also use non oil based make up......clinique has this heavy coverage stuff that is non oil base and you can just put on a little and it will do some pretty good coverage ^_^...good luck with it!!!

I had my makeup done last week for a wedding, and the make up artist KNEW I was on accutane!! She said your skin absorbs the makeup!! Howver, normally I use Bare Escentuals Mineral Makeup and LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! You can buy it on ebay for a lot less than retail too!

Yes you can wear make-up. Make the foundation oil-free.

Also since your skin loses a bit of its defense you may be more prone to allergies so make sure you are careful with the ingredients. I always wear a natural oil (Decleor) under everything. Also try using something natural overnight to give your skin a break from chemicals.