Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
inf

NEED HELP! Does GREEN TEA really WORK?

Hi, I read on this site green tea works wonder for acne from drinking it and apply it to your face. So I've been applying it to my face everyday for some time now and ti really does help you stop from getting pimples But I was wondering if you guys use it while going out also because I have been I just put it on with a mostizure over it, is that okay? sometime it gives you a tanned look but the green tea can somewhat clump too and leave a dry look or a greenish mark spots. so I Was wondering if it is safe to use morning - along with going out of the house and then apply again over night. I use this isn't of the proactiv revatlazing cleanser so is it okay for daily usage.

I take a warm tea bag and squzee it all over my face then apply mozitures and let the both dry on.

-Thanks!

Dude.. but I put it on my face is that safe, to do daily and normal? does anyone elsE?

I don't think putting green tea on your face is harmful. Just out of curiosity, what do you do with it? Do you just put tea bags on your face?

Related question... Drinking green tea is supposed to be beneficial. I have been drinking it daily for about two years -- without seeking any health benefits from it. I just like green tea. Anyway, I recently started drinking green tea with goji berry and pomegranate, and it is like crack. Seriously, I drink numerous cups during the day. Since I developed this green tea addiction last month, my acne has flared up, despite the fact that these ingredients are all supposed to promote healthy skin. I am wondering -- and this could be wishful thinking on my part -- if it is cleaning my skin form the inside, like pushing out the bad before it can do the good. My skin has started to calm down in the past week.

An herbalist gave me some tea once that did something similar. However, the spots that resulted were very deep and painful, so I stopped drinking it. Has any heard of green tea helping to push the bad out before leaving you with great skin? Or do I need to get rid of this tea? Or should I wait a couple of weeks and see if things keep improving? Thoughts?

Thanks, bran88! That's really interesting. I had never heard of that problem with green tea. In any event, I will keep drinking it for a couple more weeks and see what happens. I will go put the kettle on now in the interests of science!

Dude.. but I put it on my face is that safe, to do daily and normal? does anyone elsE?

I don't think putting green tea on your face is harmful. Just out of curiosity, what do you do with it? Do you just put tea bags on your face?

Related question... Drinking green tea is supposed to be beneficial. I have been drinking it daily for about two years -- without seeking any health benefits from it. I just like green tea. Anyway, I recently started drinking green tea with goji berry and pomegranate, and it is like crack. Seriously, I drink numerous cups during the day. Since I developed this green tea addiction last month, my acne has flared up, despite the fact that these ingredients are all supposed to promote healthy skin. I am wondering -- and this could be wishful thinking on my part -- if it is cleaning my skin form the inside, like pushing out the bad before it can do the good. My skin has started to calm down in the past week.

An herbalist gave me some tea once that did something similar. However, the spots that resulted were very deep and painful, so I stopped drinking it. Has any heard of green tea helping to push the bad out before leaving you with great skin? Or do I need to get rid of this tea? Or should I wait a couple of weeks and see if things keep improving? Thoughts?

if you are drinking tea that isnt decaf then it might be the caffeine that is causing your flare ups.

mhm, Green Tea wouldn't do much for acne, but it sure has a good amount of Antioxidants which is suppose to cleans the skin.

I used to drink a bunch of water and cranberry juice when starting the regimen, it cleanses the body of all toxins, prevents kidney stones, flushes the body of wasted fluids. Beware of Vitamin Water, since they are artificial vitamins.

Take 4 Fish Pills, 1 Zinc Tablet, 1 Multi Vitamin Pill should be the best way to go.

Wash Face 2 times a day.

Don't drink too much Tea since it suppose keeps people awake sorta like coffee.

My Daily Regimen

Mornings:

Dan's Cleanser

Dan's 16oz Treatment

Olay Complete SPF15 Sensitive Skin with Jojoba Oil.

Night time:

Dan's 16oz Cleanser

Dan's 16oz Treatment

Alpha Hydrolic Acid + Favorite Song: Matchbox 20 - How Far We've Come

Night of Olay around eyes Others: Fish Oil, Zinc

Nice regimen......love the matchbox 20 part :P I really love that song too :D

I don't know how effective green tea is to acne specifically, but I believe that it's great for your skin--and body in general, of course. Not sure how it's affected me personally, either, because I've been drinking green tea, hot and cold, for years for my own personal enjoyment.

*is drinking some green tea right now* :P

Has any heard of green tea helping to push the bad out before leaving you with great skin? Or do I need to get rid of this tea? Or should I wait a couple of weeks and see if things keep improving? Thoughts?

I think all theories of acne that involve weeks-long processes simply thrive on the natural fluctuations of symptoms in this disease. Did you see any improvement at any point within a month? Aha, then it must have been working (ahem, that day). Did it get worse then? Oh well, you didn't do it right, or enough of it, or you had impure thoughts... Any time period related to acne longer than 72 hours and I start whistling the scarecrow's song from The Wizard of Oz.

Caffeine will strip some of the zinc from your system. If you're going to drink a lot of caffeine, you might try replacing some of the zinc it removes.

These are wacky ideas, but they are my wacky ideas! :D

Make sure that the tea you're purchasing is 100% ORGANIC NATURAL GREE TEA, with only Green tea leaves as the ingrediant.

Some people go off and purchase green tea without reading the ingrediants, because many green teas have other things in the ingrediants.

If the tea is all natural and all green, you will definetly be okay on using it, and I gurantee your face / body / skin will be completely happy with what you're feeding it, and shouuld definetly reward you for what you're doing.

Using natural products is safe and healthy, always giving great outcomes.

Need more help with organics? get a hold of me :]

I'm the absolutely greenest person!

It's the caffiene. When I was drinking like 3 cups of green tea a day, my skin was bad, same way it gets after drinking coffee.

Caffiene raises cortisol (stress) levels

maybe it's the goji berry and pomegranate :)

for me it wasn't really a full solution, but i reckon it did pretty good as part of my diet overall. now i'm fully hooked, its really good in summer iced with a little honey (:

also i get the decaf kind, cause if i don't sleep i turn into tyler durden

When I went back to Vietnam this summer, all I drank was fresh green tea (not made from dried tea leaves) and my skin was the clearest it had ever been in years.

I hesitate to attribute this newfound clarity to my beverage though, I also had a fever and almost completely stress free.

I still drink it anyway because I like the taste and it's a good way to get water into your body. At least there's that.