Acne free recipies

Easy Lemon Lentil Soup with Spinach

Ingredients

* 1 1/2 cups red lentils, rinsed

* 1 cup chopped tomatoes with their juice

* 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

* 1/4 teaspoon turmeric

* 8 whole garlic cloves, peeled

* 4 slices fresh ginger (each about the size of a quarter)

* 1 sprig fresh rosemary

* 1 bay leaf

* 10 ounces (1 bag) washed baby spinach

* 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice

* Coarse sea salt or kosher salt to taste

* Freshly ground black pepper

Directions

Combine 6 cups of water with the lentils in a 3- to 4-quart saucepan over high heat. Skim off the foam as the lentils begin to boil. Add tomatoes, oil, turmeric, and garlic. Reduce the heat to a simmer. Wrap ginger, rosemary, and bay leaf in a piece of cheesecloth, tie it closed with kitchen string, and add to the pan. Simmer until the lentils are tender and the garlic is soft; discard the cheesecloth.

Add the spinach and simmer until wilted. Stir in the lemon juice. Crush the garlic against the side of the pot with the back of a spoon and stir so that it melts into the soup. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.

------------------------

Except you should crush or finely chop the garlic and let it sit for 10 minutes or so before cooking, rather than cook whole. Crushing the cells activates enzymes that start converting compounds into their most usable, potent form and would otherwise be prevented by cooking and destroying the enzymes. This applies to onions and apparently to many other plant foods foods. See this about whfood.org's food of today, collard greens:

http://www.whfoods.org/genpage.php?tname=foodtip&dbid=5

Acne-Free Spaghet-ti!

Gluten/Casein/Sugar/Soy/Nut/Egg-Free - Low-Protein/Carb, High-Fat

serves 1

1 zucchini

1 can pure tomato paste

2 tbspns olive oil

1 pinch sea salt

1 pinch apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar

1 dash hot sauce

1 pkg chicken or turkey sausage gluten-free

1 tsp tamari soy sauce gluten-free

1 tsp ghee

1/4 cup water

Turn on an element to low-medium and add ghee and water. Place a couple sausages in the mixture and cover.

I have a small peeler that creates thin noodles, so I peel the zucchini and make spaghetti out of it. It takes less time to prepare than cooking pasta, it's raw too - much less processed! I combine the olive oil, sea salt and zucchini 'noodles' and mix well. The oil and salt slightly soften the 'noodles' and they'll end up al dente.

Check on the sausages. Flip them over. Adjust heat if necessary. When one side of them browns, flip them over and add the GF tamari, cover again. Once the other side is brown, turn off heat and place sausages on cutting board to cool.

Next I add a heaping teaspoon of tomato paste to the 'noodles'.

I add the clear yellow fat from the sausages to the spaghetti mixture. I'm used to a high-fat diet so if you want to skip this step, feel free =) but it does make it taste wonderful.

Cut up the sausages. Add some and put the remainder in the fridge, remainder of tomato paste as well. Finish with a pinch of vinegar and hot sauce for digestion; bon apetit!

I just ate this, and oh man...better than pasta.

Do your dishes yo!

Southwestern Omelette

serves 1

2 egg yolks

1 knob ghee or butter

1/2 diced and peeled red pepper and green pepper

1/4 cup ground beef

taco seasoning mix

pinch of cayenne pepper

hot sauce

Works well with leftovers from taco night!

Place butter or ghee in a non-stick pan on medium heat.

Mix taco-seasoned ground beef with peppers.

Separate egg yolks, break them and stir them in a small dish.

Pour egg yolks into pan. Once they cook on the bottom, cover with ground beef and peppers.

Tilt pan to the side and remove omelette from pan onto plate.

Add a small knob of butter or ghee to the hot pan.

Flip the plate so the omelette turns over onto the pan and cook for another minute or so.

Sprinkle egg side with cayenne pepper.

Add hot sauce if desired.

Canadian Pea Soup

1 pork shank (I used the meaty bones of a bone-in salted ham I got on sale and prepared for family dinner @ Easter, therefore I added small cubes of ham in with the veggies)

3 quarts water

2 1/2 cups peas

1 medium chopped sweet onion

1 medium grated carrot

1 bay leaf

Soak and rinse peas for 10 minutes in lukewarm water.

Combine first 3 ingredients and boil gently for 3 hours. Add vegetables and simmer for 1/2 hour more.

This soup is delicious. If you have a large bone-in ham, I would suggest doubling this recipe, as it is really very good and makes for quick meals on nights you can't cook. Healthy!

you can try amys pizza found in health food stores")

It has brown rice crust, organic tomatoe sauce and soy cheese its rather good and you can make it in ur oven quickly")

Canadian Pea Soup....

You mean dried split peas, right? Not fresh? I love split pea soup. It's not a Canadian thing, though it is kind of a cold weather thing.

I think this a good thing to do with fresh or frozen peas:

Veggie Puree Soup

Just boil up some aromatics like onion, garlic, carrot, along with peas and a potato, then puree. You can use any veggies you like, but I think the texture and color is nicest when it's primarily peas and a bit of potato.

Also, you get more flavor for soups if you saute and even brown the onions, garlic and other hard veggies first, then add water to boil other veggies. Also, that way you can make sure the hard things get cooked without overcooking the softer things.

Canadian Pea Soup....

You mean dried split peas, right? Not fresh? I love split pea soup. It's not a Canadian thing, though it is kind of a cold weather thing.

I think this a good thing to do with fresh or frozen peas:

Veggie Puree Soup

Just boil up some aromatics like onion, garlic, carrot, along with peas and a potato, then puree. You can use any veggies you like, but I think the texture and color is nicest when it's primarily peas and a bit of potato.

Also, you get more flavor for soups if you saute and even brown the onions, garlic and other hard veggies first, then add water to boil other veggies. Also, that way you can make sure the hard things get cooked without overcooking the softer things.

The recipe was called Canadian Pea Soup! I'm not being patriotic lol :)

That soup sounds great... although i seem to have a problem with onions.

French onion soup

This is a delicious, healthy and acne free recipe that can be eaten as a lunch or a starter.

Ingredients:(serves 1)

-1 medium-large yellow onion chopped into thin slices.

-1/4 cup dry white wine.

-1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive/Coconut oil (You're the cook).

-350 mls of water (Can substitute for chicken or beef broth if desired)

-Bay leaf (Optional)

-Basil to taste

-Salt and pepper to taste

-Stevia to taste (Optional)

Directions:

1.Chop onion into half and then slice into thin strips about 1/4 inch in width.

2.Pour your oil into a deep saucepan over a medium high heat.

3.Next put the onions into the pan and sautee for about 25-30 minutes until caramelized and a nice golden brown colour (Be careful not to burn because it will taste nasty).

4.When caramelized add the white wine and a teaspoon of stevia if desired.

5.Leave the wine burn off and add the water (or if you're using broth) and a small amount of salt and pepper.

6.Basil and a bay leaf will give a huge taste boost.

7.Let simmer on a high heat for 10-15 minutes and serve.

Extras:

If you want, but I don't, you can put a slice of whole grain bread into your soup and sprinkled grated cheese or cheese substitue on top and add two slices of cheese or a sustitute again.Next put into a broiler or oven for 3-5 minutes to melt cheese and serve.

French onion soup

This is a delicious, healthy and acne free recipe that can be eaten as a lunch or a starter.

Ingredients:(serves 1)

-1 medium-large yellow onion chopped into thin slices.

-1/4 cup dry white wine.

-1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive/Coconut oil (You're the cook).

-350 mls of water (Can substitute for chicken or beef broth if desired)

-Bay leaf (Optional)

-Basil to taste

-Salt and pepper to taste

-Stevia to taste (Optional)

Directions:

1.Chop onion into half and then slice into thin strips about 1/4 inch in width.

2.Pour your oil into a deep saucepan over a medium high heat.

3.Next put the onions into the pan and sautee for about 25-30 minutes until caramelized and a nice golden brown colour (Be careful not to burn because it will taste nasty).

4.When caramelized add the white wine and a teaspoon of stevia if desired.

5.Leave the wine burn off and add the water (or if you're using broth) and a small amount of salt and pepper.

6.Basil and a bay leaf will give a huge taste boost.

7.Let simmer on a high heat for 10-15 minutes and serve.

Extras:

If you want, but I don't, you can put a slice of whole grain bread into your soup and sprinkled grated cheese or cheese substitue on top and add two slices of cheese or a sustitute again.Next put into a broiler or oven for 3-5 minutes to melt cheese and serve.

Oh yum, thanks! I'm making this soon :)

I know this is gonna be off the topic but can anyone suggest a good tomato sauce to put on my spaghetti? I've been craving some spaghetti but have no clue what kind of tomato sauce or tomato paste would be okay.

I wish I could eat pizza

:(

I know this is gonna be off the topic but can anyone suggest a good tomato sauce to put on my spaghetti? I've been craving some spaghetti but have no clue what kind of tomato sauce or tomato paste would be okay.

I wish I could eat pizza

:(

I use this safetoeatfood brand with:

83% tomatoes

14% tomato puree

1.5% extra virgin olive oil

Sea salt

Black pepper

Can't be safer than that

If you want to make your own just put some tomatoes and a clove of garlic with a small bit of olive oil and puree into a blender, that's what I do :)

Spinach and Sweet Potato Healthy Sauté

Prep and Cook Time: 35 minutes

Ingredients:

1 medium onion, chopped

4 medium cloves garlic, minced

1 cup + 1 TBS chicken or vegetable broth

½ tsp turmeric

½ tsp coriander

½ tsp cumin

¼ tsp cardamom

1 TBS fresh lemon juice

2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed

6 oz frozen spinach, thawed

2 TBS chopped fresh cilantro

salt & pepper to taste

Directions:

Chop onions and mince garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out their health-promoting benefits.

Heat 1 TBS broth in a large stainless steel skillet. Healthy Sauté onion in broth over medium heat for 5 minutes stirring frequently. Add garlic and continue to sauté for another minute.

Add seasonings and stir to mix thoroughly. Add broth and sweet potatoes. Simmer covered over low heat, stirring occasionally, until sweet potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Uncover to allow sauce to thicken and cook another couple minutes. Add cilantro, salt & pepper to taste.

Press water out of spinach and add to sweet potatoes. Cook uncovered to allow sauce to thicken and cook another couple minutes. Add cilantro, salt & pepper to taste.

If you want pizza follow this simple recipe

Cut an oval wohlewheat pitta in half.

Put a couple of tomatoes,puree and 1 clove garlic into blender and blend till desired chunkiness.

Cover the pittas with sauce and whatever toppings you want.

Pop into oven for a while untill done to your liking and viola.

A very healthy pizza :):)

Kale & Potato Hash From EatingWell Magazine October/November 2005

A variation of a mashed potato and kale dish traditional in Ireland and elsewhere in Europe. Do this with sweet potatoes instead or in combo. And you can use frozen chopped greens

Serve as a side with a steak or pork chops or set a poached egg on top for a hearty breakfast or brunch.

Makes 4 servings, 1/2 cup each

ACTIVE TIME: 35 minutes

TOTAL TIME: 35 minutes

8 cups torn kale leaves (about 1/2 large bunch; see Tip)

2 tablespoons horseradish

1 medium shallot, minced

1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 cups cooked shredded potatoes (see Ingredient note)

3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

1. Place kale in a large microwave-safe bowl, cover and microwave until wilted, about 3 minutes. Drain, cool slightly, and finely chop.

2. Meanwhile, mix horseradish, shallot, pepper and salt in a large bowl. Add the chopped kale and potatoes; stir to combine.

3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the kale mixture, spread into an even layer and cook, stirring every 3 to 4 minutes and returning the mixture to an even layer, until the potatoes begin to turn golden brown and crisp, 12 to 15 minutes total.

NUTRITION INFORMATION: Per serving: 240 calories; 12 g fat (2 g sat, 8 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrate; 6 g protein; 5 g fiber; 244 mg sodium.

TIP: Tip: A 1- to 1 1/2-pound bunch of kale yields 16 to 24 cups of chopped leaves.When preparing kale for these recipes, remove the tough ribs, chop or tear the kale as directed, then wash it--allowing some water to cling to the leaves. The moisture helps steam the kale during the first stages of cooking.

Ingredient Note: Fresh, partially cooked, shredded potatoes for hash browns can be found in the refrigerated produce section and sometimes in the dairy section of most supermarkets. Alternatively, boil potatoes until they can just be pierced with a fork but are not completely tender. Let cool slightly, then shred.

Here's a good recipe. very simple..

Half of organic canned pinto beans ( Microwave for 40-50 sec thus will vary on the person )

( I usually add cold water into beans and let it sit for a min which will lower sodium a lot! )

1 ezekiel tortillaz ( warm it!!! It's delicious )

Lettuce

half of avocados

Warm tortillas then add beans, lettuce and avocados on top, close it, and enjoy. :)

I know that this recipes is everywhere.. but it's not posted here. :)

Yesterday was my first time doing this.. and man.. it was great. :)

Edited by EddieE
If you want pizza follow this simple recipe

Cut an oval wohlewheat pitta in half.

Put a couple of tomatoes,puree and 1 clove garlic into blender and blend till desired chunkiness.

Cover the pittas with sauce and whatever toppings you want.

Pop into oven for a while untill done to your liking and viola.

A very healthy pizza :):)

I might try this on ezekiel buns!!

I need more veggies pizza recipes. ;)

First I need to find out where to buy this ezekiel buns. :(

Edited by EddieE

Delicious ways to enjoy turmeric?

(And enjoy its antinflammatory health benefits!)

Indian dahl comfort food! (for 1)

1/2 cup soaked lentils

chopped onion

chopped bananna pepper

1/3 cup low sodium vegetable stock

1/3 cup tomato juice (or 2 tbs tomato paste)

1/4 tsp turmeric

half of a 1/4 tsp cumin

1/2 tbs agave nectar

1/2 tbs EVOO

dash of pepper

*I didn't add diced tomato or celery but those would make lovely additions. Also I added a bit of Silk soymilk to make it creamier.

1. Soak lentil overnight.

2. Cut onion and crush garlic - let sit.

3. Simmer lentils in pot.

4. In another pot add onion, garlic, tomato juice/paste, vegetable stock, and bananna peppers and simmer.

5. Once lentils are mostly cooked remove from heat and drain/rinse and add to your other pot.

6. Let simmer maybe 5 minutes stirring occasionally.

7. Remove from heat and transfer to bowl where you stir in agave nectar, cumin, turmeric, EVOO, pepper, and other spices.

8. Enjoy!

Edited by clairebear6292

Mix a can of low sodium black beans, kidney beans, white beans, corn and diced tomatoes and throw in some taco seasoning. Tastes amazing and is gluten and dairy free!

This recipe might break you out if you are alergic or can't eat legumes and beans. :0

Throw it all in a pot and throw it on the stove for 10 min!