Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Great Reizo

Acne free recipies

I have been on my regimen and it's been working well but I have modified my diet, I eat am eating alot less bread and dairy and more fruits, vegetables , and protein. I will probably keep it this way considering I feel alot better. I am wondering though; Is there a recipe for an acne free pizza? Pizza is one of my favorite foods! If you guys wanna share any healthy alternatives to popular food items it would be a big help for me and everyone else here!

well if you make your own from scratch then thats a start as at least you know what you are putting in it i make my own as follows:

wholemeal thin pizza base (either home made or bought)

tomatoe puree

no cheese or very little

red/green peppers

sweetcorn

mushrooms

rocket leaves or spinach

some fresh herbs

if you need to put meat on it i go for turkey or chicken ( no skin) or quorn or tofu

no salt, a little pepper if needed

yum yum :D

Whole Foods carries a prepared brown rice crust in the frozen food section. I can't remember the brand name of it. It's pretty decent tasting and crisps up in the oven pretty well.

I make my own pizza sauce using organic low-sodium strained tomatoes simmered with fresh basil, oregano, garlic, onion & parsley.

I've tried two different dairy-free cheeses. The first is rice cheese sold at Whole Foods. The second is a soy cheese found at Trader Joes called Soy-Sation. It melts and tastes much more like real cheese than the rice cheese. (Both do contain a very small amount of casein if you are lactose intolerant)

Top with your favorite toppings.

I also make a quick Mediterrean pizza for lunch frequently. I take an Ezekiel sprouted-grain tortilla and throw it in the oven at 350 for a couple of minutes. I let it cool, then spread it with hummus and top with kalamata olives, onion, avocado, tomato and cucumber. Yum!

I'd been meaning to start a list of adapted recipes and food substitutes. And by that I don't mean fake foods. I mean things like spaghetti squash instead of noodles. Veggie purees instead of sauces or soups thickened with flour or cream.

One thing I want to try making is a spaghetti squash Pad Thai.

I like roasting vegetables (10-15min @ 400F) :

bell peppers (red, yellow, orange).... though these are kinda pricey

asparagus

white onion

4-5 garlic cloves

heaping bit of butter

a very little bit of balsamic vinegar

salt, pepper, and cayenne

It is good with a nice steak.

I will have to try these things out, there is a health food store up at the street. Anyways, how do you guys feel about the japanese diet. Their food is high in fish, seaweed, and soy. The seaweed part scares me because it is high in iodine and that isn't beneficial at all to acne...any thoughts?

I will have to try these things out, there is a health food store up at the street. Anyways, how do you guys feel about the japanese diet. Their food is high in fish, seaweed, and soy. The seaweed part scares me because it is high in iodine and that isn't beneficial at all to acne...any thoughts?

Crust

85g (3oz) rice flour, plus extra for dusting

85g (3oz) gram flour

35g (1¼oz) maize flour

½tsp sea salt

1tsp easy-blend dried yeast (if you want a deep base)

2tbsp olive oil

Pizza Toppings

1 ounce fresh basil

4 tablespoons olive oil

3 garlic cloves , crushed

3 tablespoons tomato pure

1 tablespoon lemon juice

3 Italian plum tomatoes , sliced

2 cups mushrooms , thick sliced

1 medium red onion , cut in half and sliced

add some good quatlity meet or fish if you want

Dairy-free, wheat-free dishes

http://www.allaboutyou.com/Living/recipes/...d-rocket-pizza/

Thank you so much above poster, and everyone else too! When I get the money I am going to try this stuff out! I am also curious about what fish are really tasty. My friends think I am dumb for not eating fish simply because I don't like tuna and they are pretty much right? I am just nervous about trying fish, I dunno...I've heard salmon is good, or maybe sushi...

Mushroom soup mmmm!!

Havent really got measurements as such so just kind of experiment I guess lol

Ingredients:

Chicken stock/Vegetable stock

(Homemade/Store Bought Dont use cubes or granules!)

Mushrooms

Butter

Celery

Onion Granules (I use this instead of using onions to reduce the carb content :))

Salt and Pepper

Chop celery finely, put in a heavy thick saucepan with fitted lid and cover and cook until soft with a good bit of butter. Dont let them brown.

Next add the onion powder. Let it simmer a bit then turn the heat off while you cook the mushrooms.

Cook Mushrooms in separate pot in more butter on a high heat. Be sure to cover with a lid and cook until they are really soft with loads of juices.

Add the celery to the mushroom pot and pour the stock over. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and cook until REALLY soft.

Using a hand blender puree until REALLY smooth. Add more butter if you want to make it creamier. No need to add cream!

Add more water and puree to create a bigger batch or thin to required consistency.

Done!

Season with salt and pepper.

Ps. Add some chicken pieces or other meat to the soup at the end if you wish.

Knorr do a great ready made pouch of stock called "Knorr simply stock" and basically thats all it is. Some Water, Reduced Broth, Flavouring of carrot and celery and salt and pepper. Its tastes LOVELY and is GREAT!

Knorr Stock

I came across this recipe in my search for vegan carrot cake. Carrot cake is my new love since I gave up chocolate, and I am sooooo excited to try this recipe. It does have sugar in it, so you may have to make your own substitutions:

3/4 cup sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

2 cups flour

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

3 cups finely-shredded carrots

3/4 cup vegetable oil

3/4 cup applesauce

2 teaspoons vanilla

4 egg substitute (Ener-G)

1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

"Cream Cheese" Frosting

3 ounces Better Than Cream Cheese cream cheese substitute

1/4 cup margarine

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Directions:

1. Grease and flour a 10" X 9" or square cake pan.

2. Stir together dry ingredients.

3. Mix in the carrots, egg subs, oil, apple sauce, and vanilla.

4. Beat about 2-3 minutes , until well mixed.

5. Stir in the nuts, if used.

6. Bake at 325 F for about 40-50 minutes , or until a toothpick comes out clean.

7. Cool on a wire rack.

8. Once the cake is at room temperature, mix all ingredients together. Frost cake.

My favorite wheat-free pancakes:

1 cup buckwheat flour

1 large organic egg

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 or 2 pinches of sea salt

Water or almond milk

Blueberries

Mix the flour, egg, baking powder and sea salt in a bowl, add just enough water or almond milk to make a dough-like consistency. Not too thick though or it won't cook all the way through (my first mistake). Cook on a pan until the bottom is slightly brown..while it's cooking, add a handful of blueberries to the pancakes. Flip and cook until ready. Then garnish with either fruit puree (blueberries and a banana blended), or 100% pure Grade A maple syrup.

The best skin-loving pancakes I ever invented! Hope you try them.

My favorite wheat-free pancakes:

1 cup buckwheat flour

1 large organic egg

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 or 2 pinches of sea salt

Water or almond milk

Blueberries

Mix the flour, egg, baking powder and sea salt in a bowl, add just enough water or almond milk to make a dough-like consistency. Not too thick though or it won't cook all the way through (my first mistake). Cook on a pan until the bottom is slightly brown..while it's cooking, add a handful of blueberries to the pancakes. Flip and cook until ready. Then garnish with either fruit puree (blueberries and a banana blended), or 100% pure Grade A maple syrup.

The best skin-loving pancakes I ever invented! Hope you try them.

I made these yesterday, altered somewhat of course. They were good.

Pennsylvania Dutch Baked Oatmeal

from Bob's Red Mill

1/4 cup Vegetable Oil

1/2 cup Sugar

1 Egg

1/2 cup Milk

1 tsp Baking Powder

1/2 tsp Sea Salt

1-1/2 cups Gluten Free Rolled Oats

1 Apple, Sliced

Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or spray an 8" x 8" baking pan.

Wash and slice apple. Layer on the bottom of the pan. (Optional: sprinkle with cinnamon sugar). Mix oil, egg, and sugar together until well blended. Stir in milk. Add baking powder and salt and mix again. Stir in oatmeal.

Pour oatmeal mixture over apples and spread evenly. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the oatmeal begins to brown at the edges. Cut into four squares and serve with milk and sugar or syrup. Makes 4 Servings.

*Other fruit may be used such as canned pineapple chunks, frozen peach slices or frozen blueberries.

I think this is from Mercola's site. You basically just mix together mashed bananas and oatmeal and bake. I think all the other ingredients are optional, but add flavor.

Fruit Dishes/Desserts/Breakfasts:

Yummy Banana-Oat Bars

Serves: 8

Preparation Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients:

* 2 cups quick oats (not instant)

* 1/2 cup shredded coconut

* 1/2 cup raisins or chopped dates

* 1/4 cup chopped walnuts

* 2 large ripe bananas, mashed

* 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (optional)

* 1 tablespoon date sugar (optional)

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix ingredients together in a large bowl.

Press dough in a 9"X 9" baking pan and bake for 30 minutes.

Cool on wire rack. When cool, slice into squares or bars and serve.

For when you are tired of stir frys:

Curried Veggies

( a good way to get the good for your liver, sulfur containing veggies and spices. )

This is adapted from Alton Brown's recipe

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/re...6_25740,00.html

Saute chopped onion and 2 teaspoons curry powder. Add garlic and frozen mixed veggies, primarily broccoli.

When broccoli is nearly done, you can add some shrimp. You could add fish or chicken, but unless it's precooked, I've no idea when to add it so it will cook without overcooking the veggies and destroying nutrients.

Remove from heat and add spinach and let wilt. Stir in a little yogurt or coconut milk (but consider the sugar).

Note: To get the most nutrients from onions and garlic, you are supposed to chop or crush it fine and let it sit for 5 minutes or so before cooking. Crushing the fibers from chopping starts some enzyme reactions which would be stopped by cooking.

I love mixing a half cup of steel-cut oats, a cup of plain or vanilla yogurt, and a half-cup of frozen strawberries that have been thawed in the refrigerator, and then sprinkling on a bunch of cinnamon and a little bit of ginger.

I wouldn't suggest for every day use, but whenever I don't feel like cooking eggs in the morning I make this.

:cry: I am in college and we are not allowed to cook in the rooms...

PS: And they have really crappy (nutrition-wise) food in the hostel mess

Anyone have any suggestions on how to make this brownie recipe more acne friendly. It came up when i searched for "healthy brownies" but i still feel like it would be bad for my acne. I've already made major progress over the last few days and don't want to mess it up. I could not make them alltogether but i have a really bad craving for them right now and usually no matter how hard i try i always give in to food cravings. I atleast want to make these better.

Nonstick cooking spray

1/4 cup butter or margarine

2/3 cup granulated sugar

1/2 cup cold water

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 cup all-purpose flour

1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

1 teaspoon baking powder

is there anything you guys suggest that i replace with something else that would work?

^^^^If possible, skip the nonstick cookie spray. Use butter (preferably organic) instead of margarine. Use stevia instead of granulated sugar (If you don't like stevia, try xylitol, or even some honey, but as little as possible). Use a mix of almond flower, buckwheat flower, and spelt flower (or find other combinations online), use a really good quality cocoa powder, and the baking powder is fine.