Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sammy1

mineral makeup never looks right!

i got new mineral make up... but it never looks right!

my skin always ends up lookin old! im only 17..but i swear it makes my skin look wrinkly ahah

i moisturise all the time.. but my skins jus an odd texture.

any tips how to make mineral makeup look best?:)

The makeup itself may not be the correct formulation for your skin type. Most mineral makeup companies have different formulations depending upon oiliness/dryness, etc. Sometimes using a primer helps. For me, I find that waiting half an hour or more after cleansing with my gentle cleanser and warm (NEVER hot) water helps my mineral makeup (Everyday Minerals) look completely natural. And I'm 40. :D

And the proper application brush helps a great deal, too! I use an Everyday Minerals kabuki brush and one of their concealer brushes.

I can't wear any mineral makeup, even the much touted Everyday minerals. It makes me look older than old and deader than dead. So I stick with liquid makeup instead. I know that minerals are supposed to be good for your skin, but to be honest, I have metal allergies so some of them break me out in a rash and make me itch like a mo-fo.

The Bismuth Oxychloride in Bare Minerals and in most of the Drugstore Mineral Formulations will break me out and make me itch. It also makes you look very shiny. They use it to make the powder adhere to your skin better but it just makes all your imperfections stand out. It sinks into every pore and line on my face no matter how much I moisturize or the millions of primers I've used. It also leaves me blotchy at the end of the day. I think they work well for folks that have oily skin and whose pores might not be craters. But it just makes me look ashen and old. I tried every technique in the book and was a theater major in college with lots of tricks up my sleeve. It just doesn't look good and not every person can wear it.

thanks for ur reply!

i gues si jus kinda thot it wud be maazing cuz of all the 'wonder' stories!

i dont think its for me either

i hate wearing liquid foundation as it makes me feel all clogged up but it does look better...

all my blemishes look shiny and darker with the mineral makeup for some reason

and it looks all creasy in my eyes and mouth.

wish it worked for me like it did for others!

i also have huuuuuge pores which probly doesnt help

:(

xx

thanks for ur reply!

i gues si jus kinda thot it wud be maazing cuz of all the 'wonder' stories!

i dont think its for me either

i hate wearing liquid foundation as it makes me feel all clogged up but it does look better...

all my blemishes look shiny and darker with the mineral makeup for some reason

and it looks all creasy in my eyes and mouth.

wish it worked for me like it did for others!

i also have huuuuuge pores which probly doesnt help

:(

xx

Sometimes I can get away with tinted moisturizer and just a really good coverage concealer. And then sometimes I just wish I had perfect skin so I don't have to wear makeup at all! They do make foundations that are lighter, but of course your not going to get great coverage. I'm looking into Liquid Minerals now, Youngblood and Jane Iredale make them. I got to check the ingredients for irritants.

Try a primer. My favorite is Monistat Chafing Relief Gel, because it's super-cheap.

If you find that powder makeup isn't for you at all, and you don't want to waste what you bought, then try mixing it with your moisturizer to make a tinted moisturizer/foundation. Since you control how much pigment goes in, you control the amount of coverage. I do this on days when I just don't have the time for the whole buffing and blending thing, although on my skin I prefer the look of brush-applied mineral powder.

I cannot wear mineral makeup in powder form either. It does the same thing to my skin. Looks old and makes my pores and fine lines stand out like crazy. I have recently tried physicians formula mineral liquid foundation and this works pretty good. I have been using it this last week and I have no complaints. It is for blemish prone skin so it doesn't break you out and it is the only foundation that I have found that matches my skin tone almost exactly. You can find it at Walgreens for like ten bucks, and they have a 10 day money back policy so if you don't like it you can exchange for something else or just get your money back which is great. Good luck!