Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NEC2234

Facial Exercises

I've been battling redness (if not technically Rosacea, something close) for approximately two years. It's troubling to deal with, and really has affected my confidence in situations where the lighting isn't exactly perfect.

Well, what's interesting is several months ago I was browsing the internet looking for solutions to slim my face. I have a disproportionately chubby face, and have already ruled out excess fluid retention or thyroid problems. When I came upon this website (http://www.ageless.co.za/faciallip.htm) I thought it was interesting. Why not, I thought. Didn't think how, if at all, it'd effect my facial redness. I was much more concered about whether it'd cause acne.

After sitting on the website for awhile, I was compeled to try it after several pictures of me were posted on Facebook. The chubbiness just seemed to push me over the point of caring, and I thought -- if acne comes up then I'll deal with that later.

Two weeks pass (leading up to yesterday) and I'm fairly sure my redness is lifting. Little by little it's getting better; but it's difficult to know for sure. It wasn't until I was at this one bathroom in my school yesterday that I REALLY noticed the difference. This bathroom has the worst lighting imaginable, and I know I hadn't been in there for atleast a month. My face was noticeably slimmer as well, which was obviously an added bonus. What surprised me the most is how I didn't develop the acne issues which originally delayed the exercises

Nothing within my regimen has changed, either. All I do is wash with the CVS brand knockoff of Cetaphil gentle cleanser twice a day. I haven't done any "rosacea diets" (which I believe are crap anywyas as it only controls flushing), and neither have I avoided common stimulants of Rosacea (I've been drinking the last several weekends AND I smoke everyday). I've been exercising, but this isn't unusual.

I know it may not Rosacea, and thus may not work for everyone with it, but considering how I haven't done anything different aside from the facial exercises I'd consider it noteworthy. Just ask yourself this if you're skeptical -- what's the problem with trying it? Five minutes out of your time. Sure less expensive than laser treatments.

What's going to be interesting is observing my face in the coming weeks. Since I can't locate anyone who has done this before, there isn't exactly evidence to fall back on.

Hell it can't hurt to try. Started today it today, lets compare notes. BTW which ones are you doing?? I'm just doing the cheeks and eyes.

One month has gone by since I first started and I'm utterly convinced these facial exercises have been the main reason my redness has subsided 60-70%. I'm serious people, if you're suffering from Rosacea (or some variation involving redness) follow the link posted above and atleast use the cheek exercises.

In my unscientific opinion, I'd say these exercises -- which work with muscle positions not typically used in the face -- help to repair broken or damaged blood vessels. I've always been under the impression that topicals are useless in fighting redness since the true issue is deep within the skin. Give me an option such as facial exercises, which may do nothing, rather than an expensive treatment.

I'll continue posting as I go along. What's most surprising is I've had three pimples appear since starting last month, and every single one disappeared within a few days. Definitely not the cystic type I first feared when starting.

Oh, and John -- I had been doing the cheek exercises for one month, and the neck/throat exercises for about two weeks.

It's possible that the facial exercisers are strengthening your capillary walls in your face. thus making you less prone to redness. Going gentle with skincare helps too.

HI NEC2234 :D good to hear your redness is subsiding with the facial excercises!

I was wondering, since its been over a month..have you noticed any slimming of your face as of yet?

HI NEC2234 :D good to hear your redness is subsiding with the facial excercises!

I was wondering, since its been over a month..have you noticed any slimming of your face as of yet?

do you think this can cause wrinkling

i notice a lot of stress on my forehead when i do this and wrinkle creases when i do the workout, although it tends to fade with time

do you think this can cause wrinkling

i notice a lot of stress on my forehead when i do this and wrinkle creases when i do the workout, although it tends to fade with time

i've read the directions over and over again but im not quite understanding exactly how to perform these exercises.

Are there any videos of these? those would greatly help.

if not, do you think you can post what you do as far as your exercises go? im just so confused after reading this over many times.