Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soul78

What topical is best when done Accutane?

What topical retnoid did people start using on their skin for maintenance once finishing Accutane?

Differin, Tazorac or Retin-A micro?

- Thanks

About 2 years after my first course I started breaking out.. and a derm perscribed me Klaron for the day time, and Differin at night. I loved using the combination of the two. It really cleared me up! Then I stopped using it for a long time, and well.. you all know the end result!

About 2 years after my first course I started breaking out.. and a derm perscribed me Klaron for the day time, and Differin at night. I loved using the combination of the two. It really cleared me up! Then I stopped using it for a long time, and well.. you all know the end result!
What topical retnoid did people start using on their skin for maintenance once finishing Accutane?

- Thanks

Are you shittin me soul, you are having flushing issues and want to use a topical retinoid when you finish? thats asking for trouble.

IMO you should use azelic acid or nicotinamide.

- Thanks

Are you shittin me soul, you are having flushing issues and want to use a topical retinoid when you finish? thats asking for trouble.

- Thanks

WHy are those bad for people with flushing?

I stopped Accutane 5 days ago and am still get flushes but these I imagine will continue for a few months. I am just using Clindasol for now and Cetaphil.

When did the flushing first start to let up with you?

Well the flushing isnt just limited to exertion, it is wierd. The main problems are temperature change and sex, but when i say sex i don't have to be doing the work if you see what i mean, which is very strange but is not due to anxiety or anything because i am perfectly comfortable with the person etc etc.

The mino may well help with both, antibiotics like mino and other tetracyclins like doxy have the capabitlity of reducing inflamation (which is what is at the route of this flushing issue). Many derms actually prescribe micro doses of doxy in order to reduce the inflamation assosiated with rosacea.

Just as a bit of encouragement my back actually continued to clear and didn't clear completely until i came off the drug, accutane is funny stuff and you may find you clear up even better when off it.

Well the flushing isnt just limited to exertion, it is wierd. The main problems are temperature change and sex, but when i say sex i don't have to be doing the work if you see what i mean, which is very strange but is not due to anxiety or anything because i am perfectly comfortable with the person etc etc.

The mino may well help with both, antibiotics like mino and other tetracyclins like doxy have the capabitlity of reducing inflamation (which is what is at the route of this flushing issue). Many derms actually prescribe micro doses of doxy in order to reduce the inflamation assosiated with rosacea.

Just as a bit of encouragement my back actually continued to clear and didn't clear completely until i came off the drug, accutane is funny stuff and you may find you clear up even better when off it.