Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
annejlee8

foods that caused you to break out..

hi..i figured to start this blog because I've realized the list of foods I try my dam hardest to stay away from as it causes me to break out....or even just irritates my skin. So here it is folks..start listing the foods taht make YOU break out..and who knows maybe we can all benefit from each others lists and go *uh huhhhhh...maybe i should try avoiding that* lets see how much we can relate to each other!

foods i stay away from:

FRIES (definitely!)

nuts (especially peanuts)

chips

MILK

pizza

chocolate

soda

kiwis (many super tiny pimples on forehead)

bananas (center of cheeks)

chocolate (jawline)

peanuts, almonds, peanut butter, almond butter (center of cheeks, and very oily skin overall)

wheat (all)

milk/dairy products (all)

refined sugar (jawline)

your basically going to get compile a list of every food.

but

sodas, milk, chocolate-sweetened kind, hashbrowns, junk food

-im fine as long as I dont binge eat this stuff for a week.

Once or twice a week is fine,

Fruit (majorly!)

Nuts

Dairy (except butter can eat tonnes of the stuff!!!)

Bread/Flour/Grains etc

Anything high in carbs!....even the humble carrot to excess :doh:

On the other hand...

Meat

Vegetables

Fat

And Water/Green Tea

Keep me Clear! :D

Any kind of nuts and peanut oil, peanut butter, ham, sausage, ice cream which I love but don't dare to eat. All of this stuff breaks me out on my neck to the point I look like I have chicken pox! Elf

Citrus, which causes cysts by the next day. And a steady diet of simple carbs and other processed foods, causes hormone imbalance which causes oily skin and therefore acne. That takes time though.

And please people, don't start eating crap in order to avoid perfectly good, healthy foods that only some people have an intolerance for. Try avoiding things one at a time, but keep eating nutritionally dense foods.

Caffeine. Even decaf coffee and teas (which are not the same as caffeine free, BTW). I can't even look at caffeine without getting a huge breakout.

Tough to say for sure...I don't pay enough attention to what I eat to point my finger at any particular food, except for sugar.

Any large consumption of sugar-containing foods (candy, chocolate, soft drinks, etc.) will break me out.

Thanx for starting this thread, I had a similar thread in mind which would have gone-

"What foods make you break out, and how long does it take for you to break out from them?"

1 day? 2 days? 3 days?

What about it people?

Foods that make me break out:

Carbs- 1-2 days til a breakout for 3-4 days duration-- both refined and complex carbs. So all sugary sweets (cake, ice cream, candy etc.) and complex carbs like grains too. Any packaged or refined carbohydrates. Also potatoes really make me break out. I can eat some fruit, but not alot.

Dairy- Makes me break out within 1-2 days but for a long term 1-2 weeks--Milk, cheese etc.

Caffeine- 1-2 days til a breakout 1-2 more days til clear

Those are the 2 main culprits, but red meat (beef, sausage, pork etc.) is another, bad for my digestion as well.

Fried Foods- 12 hours til a breakout lasting 3-4 days- if you're going to cook something BAKE, BROIL, BBQ, STEAM, BOIL BUT DON'T FRY.

Other things I'm considering- peanuts, almonds, cashews, walnuts, pecans, and any other kind of nut.

can you say junk food...

had fries and fried chicken...

it came with a side order of large cysts and immense pain from them...

it took about 1 day for the cysts to develop after my oil splurge dinner...

anything processed, as well as all red meats, pork, nuts, seeds, excess fruit and starchy veggies, all the best stuff breaks me out lolz, also all dairy even raw except raw grass fed milk or raws grass fed kefir, it sucks cause i love raw cheese but it cause acne 4 me grrrrrr

has anyone found a food allergy test helpful. I eat super healthy but think that i may need to cut some other things out of my diet.

-I am 100% sure that dairy causes inflamed cystic acne for me, esp in the cheek area

-I'm pretty sure that peanuts and almonds cause papules/pustules (haven't dared to try other nuts :))

-I seem to notice that fried foods/greasy foods make my skin feel greasy almost directly after consuming them

-other than that I'm honestly not sure

Youll basically end up with a list of every food, but I will give mine

Grease, peanuts, peanut butter, processed foods, refined sugars, and anything that you could call "empty calories."

After keeping a food log and taking pics of my problem areas on my face everyday, I've learned that I have to be careful with meat/fish.

I've also learned that coffee and chocolate doesn't affect my skin!!! :dance:

lol, after reading these lists, almost everything is bad, i mean we all have to still live, are you guys telling me milk with my cereal is bad for my acne. or fruit, i mean come on i hate acne but i still got to eat health, obviously greasy foods are bad and sugery sweats.

i just think an excess in anything is bad, a balanced diet is the way forward, but i suppose my skin looks like crap to be honest

seed break me out, aswell as anything containg sugar. beer. ooh and nuts! found out that i als break out from sweetners. pasta, grains and wheat i think. yeah and citrus like grapefruit

lol, after reading these lists, almost everything is bad, i mean we all have to still live, are you guys telling me milk with my cereal is bad for my acne. or fruit, i mean come on i hate acne but i still got to eat health, obviously greasy foods are bad and sugery sweats.

I been eating alotta junks to gain weight , i did get few acne etc but i don't mind.

My face is very CLEAR now.. no red on scars now :) , I got few acne still cause i been lots of junks to gain weight. ;)

So i don't know what foods gives me acne Maybe peanut butter... , Wheat flour

thats all i eat sometime.. so those gives me break out but not badly..

I always get 1-2 acne... i never get lots.