Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Addie

If you answer "never" . . .

Well it really depends what I'm doing and my level of exhaustion, motivation, etc.

When I'm tired or pissed off I'll probably give up on the first attempt.

When I'm out to prove someone wrong I'll keep working until I get it.

When I'm determined I'll keep working until I have exhausted every possible chance.

But most times whatever I'm doing doesn't take too much effort so I don't usually have to admit defeat.

When do you give up? ONLY when there is a alternative path that will enable more growth, and fullfillment. There's no shame in quiting something thats getting you no where.

when do i give up? i give up on a regular basis....comes with the territory but thats when i usually take a little trip to the ER. :( but hey i'm still here so i guess i never give up entirely ;) something still has a little fight left.

In most cases, things start to get better for me when I admit defeat. O_O I once couldn't get the door open with my keys, so I said "I give up!" and it opened. D:

As for acne... I will beat it! For sure!

When do I give up? - Guess one questions oneself almost on a daily basis. I would like to think that I fall down a lot, but I do have the balls to dust my back and stand up again. Acne or no acne, depressed or not about it, hell I am going to conquer this thing!!

I accept things that I can't change, but no way can anything defeat me.

In most cases, things start to get better for me when I admit defeat. O_O I once couldn't get the door open with my keys, so I said "I give up!" and it opened. D:

On the days when I feel like giving up, I say "Fuck it, I'm done, I'm going to bed." And then I go to bed.

And get up to do it all over again the next morning. Outside of suicide, there is no giving up, there is no defeat. (and yes, flog me if you will, but I know enough about you to know that defeat for a day, or a week, or a year - or even a decade, is ONLY defeat for a day, week, year or decade! NOT forever!)

Besides that, you can't give up on your rats. They need you to be the best you that you can be. If you want to give up on you, remember that they need you, too!

Just to clarify, I'm not having suicidal ideations or anything. I guess the topic does sound pretty morbid . . . I was just wondering what people thought, in general. I'm in 3 different situations right now where "giving up" in some way is a very attractive option. I just have no idea where the cut-off point is located.

Well, to be fair, these are the 3 situations, but I'm not up for describing everything about them:

1) Being in school is a bad idea, but I don't have anywhere else to go. So, do I choose the cliched "rock" or the cliched "hard place"? Rock = school. Hard place = quitting school.

2) My doctor tells me I effectively have no options left to treat my acne, but . . . uh . . . so what do I do now? They still kinda hurt.

3) How "better" can you expect a mental illness to get? When do you just except this as your reality and work with it?

You're right about my rats, Elsewhere. :D They were my ONLY reason for making some phone calls at a very opportune moment. (They've passed away since then. Think of my avatar as a memorial, I guess. It's corny, but I like thinking they're around all the time, which translates into being my desktop and representing me on forums.)

Ahhh...was someone giving away floggings?

:ninja:

2) My doctor tells me I effectively have no options left to treat my acne, but . . . uh . . . so what do I do now? They still kinda hurt.

The key thing seriously happens to me on a daily basis. I hate my door.

The key thing seriously happens to me on a daily basis. I hate my door.

I admit defeat when I have not received the raise I was promised and they keep saying "All the paperwork's done!" yet I still don't have the raise....after close to two months of promises.

And Addie, please check your PMs. I responded via PM to your concern. :)

I give up all the time. I get emotional and so tired of fighting that I just give in and forget about it. However, it still lingers in the back of my mind, nagging at me. So I end up taking up the fight again. It's always a road of ups and downs. If that makes any sense. :huh:

I don't give up, I usually get the point of going ballistic & destroying anything that's in my path or just start yelling like a gopher. Either way, I pretty much win xD