Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rarg

I broke down today and finally asked someone...

...The question we're all wondering.

Am I Ugly?

The answer?

Yes.

It was a close friend, i told them that before i ask them i need them to do something extremely important for me and tell me the honest truth about this, no matter what it is. I needed to know.

Sometimes i feel like i'm actually not as bad as i think, but then i realise i'm mostly lying to myself.

I am ugly, it's the simple truth. People know and believe that I am ugly.

So I am.

I don't really know how to feel now that i've finally got a straight answer. I can't look in the mirror anymore and say "your not as bad as you look" because i'm just lying to myself.

I'm Ugly.

Wow, what a great way to blast your self-esteem into total bits of non-existent vapor!

You believe what you tell yourself. That's the simple truth. You can look like celebrity and still believe that you're the ugliest person in the world by telling yourself that you are ugly. Or, you can be the ugliest person in the world and still believe that you're not that bad by telling yourself so.

Your friend is one person, and everyone has different standards on beauty. But even if everyone were to say you were hideous, you should never be telling yourself that. Self-hate and self-negativity are straight paths to depression and self-destruction. It doesn't matter if you think you're lying to yourself; start looking in the mirror and tell yourself that you're beautiful a hundred times a day. And keep on doing this until you believe it.

oh my goodness. i just looked at your gallery too, and you're definitely NOT ugly. in fact, you're rather good-looking. not a lie :) the friend of yours who replied with a "yes" in response to your question either: 1. has a completely different idea of what beauty is (at least from those of us who've responded to your post) or 2. is possibly fed up with your fretting about your scars? i dunno. either way, I agree with the smart, korean man up there :) we are our own worst critics. don't bring yourself down like that. you're a good-looking guy, honestly. a few scars won't change that.

Er, pardon me, but what the hell is your 'friend' smoking? You are not ugly. You are cute. I'm old enough to be your mommy, yet I still say you're quite cute.

The poster above is totally correct; it's all in how YOU coach yourself, perceive yourself, tell yourself. STOP that negative self-talk. STOP it. Replace it with "Hey, I'm cute!" Make sure to smile when you look in the mirror, too.

Am I Ugly?

The answer?

Yes.

It was a close friend, i told them that before i ask them i need them to do something extremely important for me and tell me the honest truth about this, no matter what it is. I needed to know.

Sometimes i feel like i'm actually not as bad as i think, but then i realise i'm mostly lying to myself.

So I am.

I don't really know how to feel now that i've finally got a straight answer. I can't look in the mirror anymore and say "your not as bad as you look" because i'm just lying to myself.

I'm Ugly.

Ok, dont take offense to this at all. But you are being a little bitch. and I mean that in a good way.

First of all. Grow up. If you really think you are ugly, then stop complaining about it. Learn to look past it, i dont care.

If you seriously think you are ugly, go hide in a bag. What point did posting this topic have if you are already convinced you are hideous?

The honest truth is, when i went to your gallery, i was expecting to find someone who had a hole in their cheek or missing teeth.... but you are perfectly normal. I just saw you and said "hmm... why on earth would he think he is ugly?! He is actually quite handsome." I really wanted to be positive and tell you that, but quite honestly, I dont think you would even take heed to it.

Second, your friend was probably joking around, and even if they werent, thats one opinion. You are being so emo right now i cant even stand it. Yeah, just because one person said you are ugly that means everyone thinks it. Hey zeus man. Grow up and calm down. Ask 100 people on here to be honest, and i am sure 95 of them will say you are not ugly, but actually good looking.

But what the fuck do i know. I am not here to boost your confidence. If your self esteem is seriously waived by an opinion from one person, then that is pretty sad. If you can change everything because one person said you are ugly, I dont even really want you to hear my opinion, because the compliments mixed in with my bipolar rage have no merit and shouldnt be used as an ego-booster. So good night and good ridence.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - Acnye West

But seriously. Did you ask a guy or a girl? If you asked a guy, did you really expect he would say you're good looking and risk the possibility of being called a queer? If you asked a girl, she is a real bitch and you shouldn't worry about what she thinks anyway. And if you made this thread just to get attention and a bunch of people you don't know saying "Aww, you don't look bad you're cute" then you came to the right place.

Am I Ugly?

The answer?

Yes.

So I am.

I'm Ugly.

you don't have one ounce of ugly!

Am I Ugly?

The answer?

Yes.

So I am.

I'm Ugly.

you don't have one ounce of ugly!

And neither do you :wub:

lolz acnye west putting the moves on

not ugly, and even if you were (which you're not) It wouldn't mean diddly squat bc beauty is subjective, and even then it has as much weight as you give it!

Well, i get highs and lo's like i'm sure alot of people do. And when i look at my gallery photos i think i'm attractive as well, they really don't do justice to me at all.

I've gotten worse since my last photos..

My red marks seem to have gone from very bad (2006) to much better (late 2007) and now it's like their getting redder again instead of continuing to fade -_-.

Plus i'm getting all this new acne now that turns into red marks and i also just have normal current acne. It's like i'm hitting this disgusting cycle.

It's like, i've been battling acne for 4 years now, and I never in a million years would have imagined this happening 4 years ago, and now i'm terrified, what if its another 4 years? What if it doesnt go away and i'm one of those 30+ year old guys you see with horrifying acne scars?

oh well, just ranting.

Hey,

You asked your friends? Guys? I never saw a guy saying to another that hes hot. Seriously! Your not even ugly! (galerie)

And if you were ugly, you really think that a friend would tell you that?

Julia said exactly what I was going to say. If you asked a guy...well, that's a terrible person to ask because (straight) guys aren't attracted to you...so how are they supposed to judge whether you're attractive or not?

And for my 2 cents: believe me, you have nothing to worry about ;)

Hey bro looks don't get you girls, game gets you girls. I've seen guys that look better than Brad Pitt get dumped and guys uglier than Marilyn Manson get wicked hot girls. So cut the shit and stop trying to take the easy way out, work on your game, your looks are plenty to get you any girl you want.

Julia said exactly what I was going to say. If you asked a guy...well, that's a terrible person to ask because (straight) guys aren't attracted to you...so how are they supposed to judge whether you're attractive or not?

And for my 2 cents: believe me, you have nothing to worry about ;)

I'd like to think that as a heterosexual man I could objectively critique another man's physical appearance on the basis of what I recognize to be considered "attractive" in today's society (because this is different from someone's individual tastes which do not necessarily reflect what society considers attractive). Of course, my opinion might not be as "authentic" as that of a female or gay man, but it still counts for something.

this post is just an exercise in pessimism.....

haven't you ever seen a make-over show....

If you, or the people who's opinions you care about are not feeling your look, change it up a bit and see if you can find a interesting new way to present yourself.... personality always changes the physical impression...... don't forget to work on your pessimism......