Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crm6360

Starting to get VERY discouraged on Accutane (week 5)

I'm starting week 5 tomorrow, and I'm still seeing new pimples forming, a couple of which will probably take several weeks to dissolve.

At week 5, any new pimples I see were supposedly "conceived" after I started the Accutane treatment, correct? And from what I hear, these new zits are supposed to be shorter-lived and closer to the surface. I hate getting my hopes up, just to see them come crashing down. Based on my results thru this first month.... so far I'd say my overall appearance really hasn't improved at all.... my skin complexion is improving where I don't have lesions... it's just that where I do have them, they are so UGLY.

I'm also faced with the prospect of not wearing any more makeup b/c I need to rule it out as a possible irritant. And to do so will just make it psychologically very difficult to be around people at work.... I don't know if I have any patience left.

As if things couldn't get any worse, the office next door to me just hired a HOT blonde my age... so either I avoid her office or try to befriend her with my confidence all shot to hell.

Stick with it. 5 weeks is the point where things should start turning around. I know you are probably sceptical of whether accutane will work or not, but trust me, it will. Accutane isnt like antibiotics and topicals, which you have probably already taken, and which have probably failed to get rid of your acne. Accutane is a powerful drug that gets to the root of the problem. It does work. It just take some time.

Be patient, stop looking in the mirror so much, and let the medicine do its work. Before long your treatment will be over and you will be glad you did it. When I was on Accutane, I just ignored the way my face looked and went about my business. Thats what I recommend you do. Trust me, most people don't care what your face looks like...they are too busy worrying about themselves. Believe that.

Andrew

Ya im in the same boat as you my first month just ended last Thursday and I didnt see any improvments over they month only the black heads on my noise are all gone now. Doctor said the stuff starts to kick in the 2nd month so i hope I start to see them

I don't mind being patient.... if I know for sure that this will work. I just have this fear from a long history of failed treatments that nothing will work.

My acne has been moderate since my 20s... and just dang persistent. It's gotten to the point where if this drug works it will feel like a miracle - no shit. Why don't they have more meaningful statistics available... i.e. what percentage of users are successfully treated? It's that small percentage that don't see results that I'm concerned about.

Dont worry about things you can`t control it just causes unnecessary stress. Just keep taking the pills as prescribed and you should be fine. With any treatment there are a minority whom it doesn`t work for; This does not mean it will be you ... I have heard many statistics regarding Accutane, such as an 80% success rate. With those odds you should be looking forward to a new life without acne,

good luck.

You will see results dude, I would bet that almost 100% of people who go on accutane do. However there is a small percentage that have a reoccurence of acne. I know, cause it happened to me. But don't worry because it's NOTHING compared to what it used to be, even thought its still a small pain in the ass. Dan's reg works great though if it does come back.

This past week has seen a significant breakout on the ride side of my face... forming a line from the side of my nose halfway to the jaw.... interestingly enough many of my breakouts seem to follow natural crease lines in my face (ie. when u smile)...

nonetheless, this past breakout won't subside for at least 2 weeks I'd figure..... it's that bad..... some are zits are still in the process of maturing.

They psychological torture that some of us here have to deal with is a living hell. The worst part is, we can't afford to feel sorry for ourselves.

I have a friend who took accutane last year and at the time I only saw him every other week or so. It almost seemed like accutane gave him severe acne and then got rid of it. I never asked him much about the treatment but I got the impression that he had taken it before and he didn't seem too phased by the outbreak of new acne. It lasted for months and I'd see him and his face would either be totally clear or covered in acne. Anyways my point is that accutane works strangely and can take a while. This kid seemed to have bad acne the whole school year and then it completely stopped. I also don't know exactly when he started accutane but I swear his acne got noticable when he started treatment. Either way it did go away. It was also weird to read about accutane side effects here and then I would really notice them when I saw him, it looked pretty shitty. Cracked ,peeling lips and lots of new pimples.

I'm on my 4 1/2 month and i'm still not completely clear but my ance has improved a lot. I still get breakouts.

I went on Accutane and was on it and went through 4 boxes.

It worked wonders for me, however I have some left over stuff. On my back I have some scars and on my cheek bones I have a few puscles deep under the skin that have big red marks. I really want to get these removed, and hope that they can be removed.

Dont pop any of your acne. You will kill yourself afterwards if you do.

The Accutane will work. It is a GOD SEND. I had very dry lips and skin etc. but it is DEFINATELY worth it.