Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kazangwa

Perscriptions?

I've been on products with benzoyl peroxide or other facial cleansers since around fifth grade, yet all my acne ever did was seem to get worse. I switched around three times, from oxy pads to the complete oxy package, to Cetaphil liquid wash, Benzaclin, and Differen Gel, and less than a month ago I switched to a Cetaphil cleansing bar, Duac Gel, and Differen Cream.

Although I know it takes a while for your skin to get used to these things, I talked to my dad about his issues as a kid and he told me they had clearasil for on the spot treatment, but other than that he washes his face in the shower. I decided to try that with normal dove soap, which contains no dyes or perfumes, and all I've seen is improvement. I'm just wondering if anyone thinks that perscriptions are always better for your face, because all I've seen them do is irritate it.

And when I ask my friends that have better skin what they do, most of them say that they rarely even wash their face outside of showering.