Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jonathan M

Oily Skin / Shiny face help needed

Hello all , im new to the forum and i need dire help with my skin being shiny and oily. .. its been going on for a while now and i tried a bunch of stuff that stops it for a hour or so ...

My daily routine is :

Morning

Proactiv (revitalizing toner) + Clean and Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer

Night

Proactiv , the whole 3 steps

please if anyone can help me out , it would greatly be appreciated

You might want to add a gentle, oil free cleanser to help remove the oil in the morning (Or use the ProActive cleanser in the morning). It's not a permanent fix (oil always comes back, it's just part of having oily skin), but it will at least help keep your face be cleaner and will help stop any pore clogging.

You can try some kind of pore shrink (Biore's line or a mud mask), but.....personally it has never worked for me and I've become disillusioned by them. Mud masks are nice as long as it doesn't dry your skin out, but I don't think it's going to do much for shrinking your pores.

You can also take a tissue (cheap cheap tissue with no lotions or anything in it) and use it to blot your face. It's way cheaper than buying the blotting papers which pretty much do the same thing.

Or you can look everywhere else in this forum and take other people's advice.

I use proactiv step sometime and this product do make ur skin to Oily

:\\

Btw did u get Refining mask from proactiv ?

if ya use that 3 times a week it helps if ur skin oily :)

I recommend washing with warm water to get rid of the oil better... but at the very end, splash your face with cold water to close down the pores and give you a "fresh" feeling.

Steam and hot water removes the oils from your pores. I have to blot my face all day--mostly on active days where I'm walking around a ton and doing a lot of different things throughout the day. My skin is different in different parts of the world too. In Guatemala it was PERFECT!!! In Nevada it was hell. In Utah it's ok, but gets drier. Where do you live?

I hate having oily skin. I wash my face only twice a day like your supposed to, but after an hour or so it gets oily again and I hate it. I've tried using Oxy pads to get rid of the oil and it helps my face not be so oily and greasy feeling. I've noticed that during the school year my face gets really oily during school, but when school is out for the summer my face isn't so oily maybe its because I usually just stayed inside all day. I live in Alabama and it gets very humid (and it is also very hot) during the summer, you can just walk outside and start sweating, you can start sweating by just sitting in a chair in the shade. The hot weather and the humidity makes my oily skin even worse.

I hate having oily skin. I wash my face only twice a day like your supposed to, but after an hour or so it gets oily again and I hate it. I've tried using Oxy pads to get rid of the oil and it helps my face not be so oily and greasy feeling. I've noticed that during the school year my face gets really oily during school, but when school is out for the summer my face isn't so oily maybe its because I usually just stayed inside all day. I live in Alabama and it gets very humid (and it is also very hot) during the summer, you can just walk outside and start sweating, you can start sweating by just sitting in a chair in the shade. The hot weather and the humidity makes my oily skin even worse.

Im using basically the same routine , oil absorbing sheets and the clean and clear morning burst and it still has not that much effect on the amount of oil that gets on my face

the sheets get some but the oil only comes back only a couple of minutes later

im gonna try to reduce the amount of BP i use because of proactive because i really do not know what to do with this problem :confused:

Same problem with the oil. I love the oil absorbing sheets, but they don't work long enough. And I don't know if tissue does the same thing. I feel like I have to use a lot more for almost the same result. Bleh.

I can't add too much more, except that washing only with cold water seems to alwasy leave me with oily skin a few minuets later. Better with warm. Sometimes, I found washing my face while I showerd made a difference. I also use oil absorbing sheets, and try not to touch my face. Be aware to of certain foods, like geasy sorts. If I ever eat something and feel oily, I try to wash as soon as possible, or avoid that food altogether.