Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mnbv5

How to moisturise when on accutane?

I have been on tane. for almost 4 months, and I was wondering how exactly is the best way to moisturise? I have Cetipil (spelling, not so sure) moisturiser for "sensitive skin". I wash once a day at night, and take a shower in the morning while just letting the waster go over my face (not directly, makes it more red). Should I wait 10-15 min before putting it on at night after washing, and should I put a lot on or does that matter.

Thanks.

Im not sure if its the best way but i moisturise pritty much straight after ive ive washed.

Morning.... and before bed after washing....Generously

babygrand88- It is going really really great. I have no acne now, just slight redness the is most apparerent after hard exersise. Also I get bloody noses sometimes, about once every 1.5 weeks. Other then that, my only problem is rednes, which is why I am asking how to moisturise.

R4chel- I have tried to moisturise in the morning but It gets really shiny. When it is dry I put a very small amount on just to keep it at bay.

Thanks.

Was your skin prone to oil before ro-acc then?... Mine was a little, but its REALLY dryed up now.

And do you get realy dry skin or just choose to moisturise then? Depends on your dosage aswell i guess.

It really is different for everyone so its most likely your skin dont need it as much as mine.

Keep to whats best for you, And goodluck wiv it biggrin.gif

babygrand88- yea just give it time. I would bet that you have 2 or less *minor* zits by 3 months, and I am being generous. just stick with it and follow the directions they give you. I would say a very large improvment in 2.5 months. All it needs is time and accutane will do it's thing.

well I'm approaching 1.5 months and can't say I've seen significant improvement yet. If anything, my face still looks bad in spots because of the "remains" of breakouts in weeks 4-5 which take forever to heal.