Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sgxyo3man

Cleansing + Probiotics

A little over a month ago, I started a liver cleanse kit from Renew Life. It started to help a bit, but once I added in the flax fiber from Renew Life, everything started to change. No more oiliness AT ALL. Nose excreted all blackheads. Face was clearing nicely with nothing new forming for about 3 weeks. The major difference that I noticed during this time was that my bowel movements were solid and they came twice a day rather than once.

I decided that I wanted to get back in on the probiotics kick and I have been on that for the past two weeks or less. Now my stomach is KILLING me. I can't go to the bathroom and I'm not even passing gas anymore. Why would just taking a probiotic supplement and eating things like kefir and kombucha or goat's milk yogurt totally disrupt my progress with the liver cleanse? What the hell is the discrepancy? Oh yeah, and I've been breaking out like crazy for the past week. Oiliness and all. I'm cutting back on the probiotics, but why do I have to? Any educated opinions? I'd like to read something on this as I can't find any relative articles on the web. The only thing that is keeping my skin anywhere near calm at the moment is taurine.

I don't know what the problem would be. Maybe its the combination of the cleanse and probiotics? Something doesn't agree? I don't think breaking out or oilyness would be just from adding the probiotics? Call the company that makes the cleanse.

No. It's not the cleanse you see. The cleanse was what helped me more than anything and the results were improving by the week. This lasted for a month. After I introduced kombucha tea, HSO', etc, I started to get sick to my stomach and I was breaking out. Just after two days of going off of the probiotics, my face has no oil and no new spots. This is very peculiar to me. I thought probiotics were a good thing?

yes so did I. Maybe try to reintroduce the probiotics after your done with the cleanse? I take them and don't have a problem... but I know everyone is different.

That's a good idea. I will implement the probiotics back into my diet after this month's cleanse. I think my main problem was that it was an overload of L. acidophilus and FOS cultures. I have been taking the HSO formula in the morning which includes a plethora of live active cultures, along with the Renew Life fiber which ALSO includes cultures. Then I would be drinking kombucha & kefir, and eating sauerkraut & goat's milk yogurt all on top of those. My system is totally fine now after cutting half the dosage of the HSO's and no other probiotic blend besides the flax fiber w/ acidophilus. Curious, but I guess it was too much of a good thing.

Hey,

I don't know how much kombucha you've been drinking but I know that for me it messes up my digestion REALLY BAD. I can handle bio-K, kefir, etc, but kombucha does really weird things to my stomach and bowels. I won't touch the stuff anymore. I think it contributed to about 3 weeks of terrible stomach distress for me this past summer when I was drinking it on a regular basis. I know it's done weird things to my boyfriend's stomach too.

If I were you I would try cutting out the kombucha and see how you do.