Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
junebug1991

Has anyone noticed any side effects from B-complexes?

I've been getting pretty bad headaches and my eyes are dry and tired;

And this is with only 500 mg (of b5 - the usual suspect i presume) a day!

Has anyone else been having these problems or perhaps I should stop?

Hey Junebug,

I'm not sure but I'm beginning to suspect that the b-complex is causing side effects for me...I have gotten eczema on my hands in the past, but it was never severe...Lately I've had a pretty bad red rash on the backs of my hands on and off which would then fade and turn into normal eczema dry skin. I kept thinking that it was something that I was using, my hand lotion or soap and I couldn't figure it out. Now I'm beginning to believe that maybe it's the b-complex? I only take a b-50 1 time per day, but I am a relatively petite person so maybe it's just too much for me...I noticed when I first started taking it (hope this isn't too much information) my pee turned really yellow like flourescent yellow! I read that can be a side effect of b-complex if you're taking more than your body needs. That stopped, so I guess that my body started to absorb more...I have no idea! Anyway I've decided to cut it out for 1-2 weeks to see how things go. If I don't see anymore rash I might just cut it entirely. good luck

Hey Junebug,

I'm not sure but I'm beginning to suspect that the b-complex is causing side effects for me...I have gotten eczema on my hands in the past, but it was never severe...Lately I've had a pretty bad red rash on the backs of my hands on and off which would then fade and turn into normal eczema dry skin. I kept thinking that it was something that I was using, my hand lotion or soap and I couldn't figure it out. Now I'm beginning to believe that maybe it's the b-complex? I only take a b-50 1 time per day, but I am a relatively petite person so maybe it's just too much for me...I noticed when I first started taking it (hope this isn't too much information) my pee turned really yellow like flourescent yellow! I read that can be a side effect of b-complex if you're taking more than your body needs. That stopped, so I guess that my body started to absorb more...I have no idea! Anyway I've decided to cut it out for 1-2 weeks to see how things go. If I don't see anymore rash I might just cut it entirely. good luck

Hm nope have not had that happen, what b complex pill are you taking, could you list out the percentages on the back? I know they have different quantities for b complex sometimes.

Hm nope have not had that happen, what b complex pill are you taking, could you list out the percentages on the back? I know they have different quantities for b complex sometimes.

b1 - 3333%

b2 - 2941%

niacin - 250%

b6 - 2500%

folic - 100%

b12 - 833%

biotin - 17%

pantothenic acid (b5) - 500%

its a regular GNC b-complex 50

(i dunno what the 50 means)

b1 - 3333%

b2 - 2941%

niacin - 250%

b6 - 2500%

folic - 100%

b12 - 833%

biotin - 17%

pantothenic acid (b5) - 500%

its a regular GNC b-complex 50

(i dunno what the 50 means)

I think I might just use half of my b-50's each day to get a "b-25", does that work? I'm thinking that my rash might have been caused by a lotion I was using, but I'm still not sure...I'm staying away from both the lotion and the b-complex until I completely get rid of the eczema then I will try adding back in half of the b-50 each day...

I'm using a time-released b complex (is 100 mg but I cut it in half)

I have not noticed side effects, well someone mentioned severe dryness in hands? my right hand is over dried.. it bleeds when it's cracked, but I think it's bcause of the winter. I have to use moisturizer

magnesium stores? how does one replenish magnesium anyway...bananas? :)

er.... right, i cant really cut it in half seeing as its a clear capsule with powder inside.

i havent take it in a few days and my eyes r better and i havent had any headaches.

my B complex is providing less B5 then urs...mine is 10mg each for Adult and children 4yr olds++

vitamin

b1 -1.5mg

b2 -1.7mg

b3 -20mg

b5 -10mg

b6 -2mg

b12 -6ug

c - 60mg

kinda don't really know its enough for me now or not

i bought a gnc b-100 complex tablets and they made me sick every time i took them.

i am going to look for b-25 complex capsules from a different brand.

gnc brand is one of the worst IMO.

i like now foods.

it made me get light headed and a little drowsy after being on 5g/day for a week. i stopped using b5 couple days ago when i started taking DIM